Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LADY_R

Our Crib

Hi,

Welcome to the neighbourhood! I'm in St.42 too at blk 54X... Been here for almost a year now...

I recall that when I 1st bought the house, the floor is also laid with marble. However I choose to hack it off at the lower floor and replace them with homogenous tiles as I have a 4 year old kid at home. Didn't want her to slip and fall when the floor is accidentally wet. For upper floor, I over-lay them with gray laminated flooring. Hee...Your master room concept is juz like what I've had done with mine. Great minds thinks alike! :yeah:

Cheers and good luck in your reno process ;)

Really!!! :dribble: oh whoa can show me some picture? at least I will feel satisfy by looking at ur renovation with same concept as mine..since unable to see my design in 3D.. :( I usually try to visualise before I design, but to make my hubby visualise my idea lol..very difficult, i have to keep on repeat mode :paint: my laminate is dark grey and most of my furniture is dark colour :dancingqueen:

My daughter fell and hit her head once when we went for site measurement :( I still love the marble flooring, but have to keep reminding myself next time to make sure the floor is dry and closed the kitchen door. My daughter is the active type, even when she sick, she wont rest..in the end, mummy and daddy who feel so tired

but isn't homo tiles slippery too? i also slipped and fell on homo tiles before, even on the so-called non-slip tiles~ :unsure:

how old is your daughter? maybe can cultivate the habit of wearing slippers at home... better for body and prevent slipping :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
but isn't homo tiles slippery too? i also slipped and fell on homo tiles before, even on the so-called non-slip tiles~ :unsure:

how old is your daughter? maybe can cultivate the habit of wearing slippers at home... better for body and prevent slipping :)

turning 4 this year..heheh no use laa sister, she the type who will run here n there, up and down... everytime went over to see the house, she sure got excuse to use the staircase. And the father even got idea of no railing for the staircase.. :bangwall: then if like that i think my daughter will be supergirl, jump from level 2 :jawdrop:

Edited by LADY_R

oh ya homo tiles can be slippery too..i had this for my living room...especially when i mop the floor...i did slip a few times....

whatever material, have to dry the floor to minimize the risk of falling.

when i told frens i want to buy an EM, they gave comments why EM coz it's not user friendly for elderly and small kids due to the staircase. but still we go to buy an EM coz we like it!

Edited by joyousonline

oh ya homo tiles can be slippery too..i had this for my living room...especially when i mop the floor...i did slip a few times....

when i told frens i want to buy an EM, they gave comments why EM coz it's not user friendly for elderly and small kids due to the staircase. but still we go to buy an EM coz we like it!

Sometimes we have to just listen to our heart, if we always consider the disadvantage then we never be able to stay in EM.. ;)

The homogenous tiles I choose is not smooth surface one... It is matt surface thus not slippery when wet.... There is 2 kind of surface for homogenoues nowadays unlike few years ago wor...

LADY R... U can pop by my house the next time you visit your new place during weekend wor... haha... anyway, we are kinda of near to each other lor... I am just round the corner to St.Fransis Assisi Kindergarten. Hee... one good reasons why I bought the flat last year was for the school... so that my 4yr old gal will start her nursery there this year, follow by her K1 & 2 thereafter.

Ooo... by the way, my gal did fell fews times also inhoues initially, but not because floor is slippery... she fell down the stairs as she is also **** active one... but after a while, she get use to it liao. The last time even ended up "checking-into" NUH for observation. Have to be a bit careful initially lor as I see that you also have a coming 4 yr old gal...

LADY R... U can pop by my house the next time you visit your new place during weekend wor... haha... anyway, we are kinda of near to each other lor... I am just round the corner to St.Fransis Assisi Kindergarten. Hee... one good reasons why I bought the flat last year was for the school... so that my 4yr old gal will start her nursery there this year, follow by her K1 & 2 thereafter.

Hi madwarrior72!

Can I visit your place too?

I'm currently staying very near the kindergarten, though my new place (resale EM) will be nearer to shuqun primary school instead.

Thanks!

The homogenous tiles I choose is not smooth surface one... It is matt surface thus not slippery when wet.... There is 2 kind of surface for homogenoues nowadays unlike few years ago wor...

Ooo... by the way, my gal did fell fews times also inhoues initially, but not because floor is slippery... she fell down the stairs as she is also **** active one... but after a while, she get use to it liao. The last time even ended up "checking-into" NUH for observation. Have to be a bit careful initially lor as I see that you also have a coming 4 yr old gal...

i slipped on my non-slip homo tiles a few times before (those rough surface one)... so just wanna highlight that we still gotta be careful when the floor is wet~ ;)

Hi madwarrior72!

Can I visit your place too?

I'm currently staying very near the kindergarten, though my new place (resale EM) will be nearer to shuqun primary school instead.

Thanks!

Hi csingeu,

Sure... B.T.W, I nearly bought an unit at Blk 469 then when I was scouting for an unit but had to give it up as owner was asking quite ridiculious price and refuse to give into bargaining... Am glad any way that i found my current unit.

Will PM you my contact details and do feel free to drop by for a look... :P

:good: Happy Moving! Do you have any blog so that we can view your renovation.. Share with us lei..

I only do simple n budget reno for my EM. I do Major(95%) reno n it only cost me ard 40K :)

I would like to share some of my reno... Hope u dun mind i post on ur blog... :)

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/img0568lr.jpg/

http://img813.imageshack.us/i/img0825ak.jpg/

http://img191.imageshack.us/i/img0827x.jpg/

I only do simple n budget reno for my EM. I do Major(95%) reno n it only cost me ard 40K :)

I would like to share some of my reno... Hope u dun mind i post on ur blog... :)

Hey!

Your EM is the same layout as LADY_R and mine?

Did you hack away your utility room? or the seller has already hacked it?

Looks gd... :)

btw, the waste pipes from 2nd level toilets to the lower level kitchen, is it very bad?

as in, does it take up a lot of upper cabinet space?

i think my waste pipes are really an eye sore... and take up a lot of precious cabinet space...

somemore have to use gas cylinder...

zzz

Hey!

Your EM is the same layout as LADY_R and mine?

Did you hack away your utility room? or the seller has already hacked it?

Looks gd... :)

btw, the waste pipes from 2nd level toilets to the lower level kitchen, is it very bad?

as in, does it take up a lot of upper cabinet space?

i think my waste pipes are really an eye sore... and take up a lot of precious cabinet space...

somemore have to use gas cylinder...

zzz

The utility rm aready hacked by last owner. I only hacked kitchen wall :P

The pipes i dun find them taking lots of space... But if u got alot of things to put in ur cabinet, u better "Build" more cupboard :P

Hi csingeu,

Sure... B.T.W, I nearly bought an unit at Blk 469 then when I was scouting for an unit but had to give it up as owner was asking quite ridiculious price and refuse to give into bargaining... Am glad any way that i found my current unit.

Will PM you my contact details and do feel free to drop by for a look... :P

Hey!

Thanks! I've received your PM and have replied you. :)

Sometimes we have to just listen to our heart, if we always consider the disadvantage then we never be able to stay in EM.. ;)

We also encounter the same feedback... but wife n me had had been eying EM many years ago.... and after 3 years of failed BTO n balance flat balloting, we finally got our EM and we're so happy with our decision... no regrets so far :)

No prob for me :D .. love ur kitchen cabinet..black n white.. any common bath & master bath photo for us to see? :P