Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kewlboi

9" Downlight For L Box Too Big?

Hi I have bought 18nos of 9" square downlight from JB.First I do find it weird how come the light is big but the shop got only 2 size,another one which is too small.So without realizing I bought 9" one.Showed to my ID and she said this is usually use for commercial/shop,and now my ID suggest to make the L box thicker so the light blend in.Still I find it weird but ID friend say it will be unique since other commonly use 6".Can't spare the hassle to change all the downlight in JB,wish I can sell it in Singapore shop and trade in for smaller size downlights..I wish they could.Now I am in dilemma..want cheap and save cost and now even my hanging lights I bought extra,fans cannot fit living room...haiz....I screw it up...

securedownload53.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi I have bought 18nos of 9" square downlight from JB.First I do find it weird how come the light is big but the shop got only 2 size,another one which is too small.So without realizing I bought 9" one.Showed to my ID and she said this is usually use for commercial/shop,and now my ID suggest to make the L box thicker so the light blend in.Still I find it weird but ID friend say it will be unique since other commonly use 6".Can't spare the hassle to change all the downlight in JB,wish I can sell it in Singapore shop and trade in for smaller size downlights..I wish they could.Now I am in dilemma..want cheap and save cost and now even my hanging lights I bought extra,fans cannot fit living room...haiz....I screw it up...

securedownload53.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

U mean the depth or the size?

Edited by jaskel

your pic show the downlight are size for 2 x 18W which are size way too big for L box, normally for L box, go for 1x13W or most 2 x 13W.

Edited by joemit7850

the size... :[

Yes, I think it is too big for hdb. I went to Balestier to check out on down lights. This lightings.com.sg really provide a good educative information for me. The salesperson said for normal hdb use is 4". Initially when I was there, I felt quite lost cos first thing I dunno what to ask and second too many different type of down lights in term of sizes, designs and some come with dimmers.. I dun even know what is ballast till that salesperson told me what is that and what is the pros and cons....

Since you already bought it, maybe you wanna sell to those who want to reno condos??? Just a suggestion only...

Emobebe

Yes, I think it is too big for hdb. I went to Balestier to check out on down lights. This lightings.com.sg really provide a good educative information for me. The salesperson said for normal hdb use is 4". Initially when I was there, I felt quite lost cos first thing I dunno what to ask and second too many different type of down lights in term of sizes, designs and some come with dimmers.. I dun even know what is ballast till that salesperson told me what is that and what is the pros and cons....

Since you already bought it, maybe you wanna sell to those who want to reno condos??? Just a suggestion only...

Emobebe

thanks emobebe for your suggestions.I wanted to try to sell it but thinking back this 9" downlight only be use for commercial buildings.wanted to just throw it all away but ID says since I have bought it why they will do,they will make the thickness of my Lbox thicker so that it will not looks too big.Funny I dunno why the Id just persist me to get a smaller one.My Id keep saying wait till I look for the whole outcome and see for myself.Now it's hard for me to visualize it.Well I will just leave it to my Id and trust on her decision.Thanks emobebe

your pic show the downlight are size for 2 x 18W which are size way too big for L box, normally for L box, go for 1x13W or most 2 x 13W.

yeah Joe..I screw it up..haizzzz..

thanks emobebe for your suggestions.I wanted to try to sell it but thinking back this 9" downlight only be use for commercial buildings.wanted to just throw it all away but ID says since I have bought it why they will do,they will make the thickness of my Lbox thicker so that it will not looks too big.Funny I dunno why the Id just persist me to get a smaller one.My Id keep saying wait till I look for the whole outcome and see for myself.Now it's hard for me to visualize it.Well I will just leave it to my Id and trust on her decision.Thanks emobebe

Ic.. I hope you are ok with it. As I know so far is 4". If too big, then your ceiling will look nearer to you. Anyway, it is not my expertise area and I just to share what I know only.

By the way, just to let you know there are few contractors in this forum are doing commercial buildings. So, if you still wanna sell maybe can look for them. The other option is that you can advertise here under the Garage Sales...

Cheers:) Emobebe

Personally feel it is too big for HDB, and your L-box need not be so wide. If you have ceiling fan, it may be restricted as well.

I almost bought the big one too, luckily chose the small small ones, just nice.

Try advertise them for sale... hope those doing commercial reno can unload it off you.