Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Eastwood

Cure

Hi,

I have a problem. My HDB 3 room is a corner unit. Being a corner unit, my main door faces a perpendicularly differrent direction from the rest of the units.

Recently, a neighbour moved into a corridor unit, 2 units away. They started placing bamboo stand and bamboo sticks for sunning their laundry at their main gate. The bamboos point directly at my main door.

I requested for their co-operation to remove the bamboos and place it standing upright once their clothes are dry and they co-operated. I dare not request for them to totally stop this practice, in case they answer me back "we have the right, this is our space". If they say like this, i cannot take the case further, because i have no grounds to complain to town council or any authority. So i managed to secure a deal with them. Getting them to half co-operate is better than having totally no co-operation from them.

I believe no one will disagree with me that this is theoretically quite fatal. The "arrows" are so near, only a few metres away. And i cannot place a partition to block it away. So my door is permanently closed.

So now i have to do some soft cures. I can only think of placing a small hexagon mirror on top of my door. What else can be done? How about cactus? Or talisman?

Or is it a better idea for me to buy a X shaped clothes hanger stand as a gift to them and request for them to stop pointing their bamboo at my door? Then i can do away with the mirror or cactus or talisman. The X shaped clothes hanger does not have the "arrows" & if i am not wrong, costs about $50 at Giant.

Anyone experience such situation before? How to best solve this problem/?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Those bamboo poles are not considered as arrows... Unless they are pointed like spears. If you go to the kitchen and look out of the windows, there are many bamboo poles from the opposite block pointing to you as well. Instead I will be concerned about the clearance of the corridor in the event that a fire broke out. Those bamboo poles and the hanging structure take up at least one third of the corridor space. And this is a good valid reason to report it to the TC. But your neighbour will definitely know that you are the one who reported it cos you have approached them before. If you cannot tahan seeing those poles, go and buy a tall plant to deflect the "arrows" :)

Hi Eastwood,

What you are facing with your neighbours isn't an isolated case because many of us share our corridoors with neighbours.

I didn't think that it would affect our home's fengshui apart from the psychological discomfort it had on the affected parties.

Many of my brother inlaws who were staying at the 4-room corner units whereby they share the corridoor with 3-room units (built at a perpendicular angle to their units) had been facing such a "problem" for as long as 30 years. However, they are all doing well in terms of wealth & finances. One of them even managed to draw a 5-figured salary every month thru progressive career development & it doesn't bother him at all even when the neighbours aired their underwear right infront of his doorstep!!!

As such, I personally feel that since you aren't able to change the external factors i.e. to stop them from aiming those bamboo poles at your door, then you might want to consider adjusting your own mindset - think positive & things might turn out well b/w u & ur neighbours.

But if it's unacceptable from your perspective, then, you might have to talk to your neighbours - definitely risk creating bad chemistry becox they would feel that there is nothing wrong & even misunderstand that you are finding fault with them. Things could worsen if your neighbours are the nasty sort.

How about keeping your main door closed? U wouldn't be able to enjoy ventilation or breezes that blow in through your main door though... but at least, you do not get see those poles aiming at your door.

Or U might even want to consider relocating i.e. moving to another place. However, even without a corridoor issue in your next new home, you might need to consider other problems arising from neighbours - to sum up, there is no such thing as a perfect neighbour or a perfect environment, especially when you are staying in a flat or condominium.

And please also take note that talisman, baguas & bagua-shaped mirrors wouldn't work - they are for warding off evil spirits, not a fengshui cure.

Edited by edenstrauss

Thanks for all the replies.

Theory says that it is supposed to be harmful. Whether harm will occur or not in reality, I better not take the risk, because certain harms eg. accident or even death, once happened, cannot be undone. Better to be safe than sorry, so maybe the idea of "just ignore it" not so good. Even though other people might experience the same kind of "poking" and nothing happens to them, it is a question of whether we want to take the risk. Many heavy smokers are smoking for years, and nothing happen to them, but we cannot assume that nothing happens to them, therefore, nothing will happen to us if we smoke like the way they do, so we can go ahead and smoke freely.

The use of mirrors & talisman is quite common. Whether effective or not, i am not sure. But looks like those are the only known cures.

I will think hard about what is the best approach.

Once understand the 10/90 rule, you will know what to do.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...st&p=620059

Theory says that it is supposed to be harmful. Whether harm will occur or not in reality, I better not take the risk, because certain harms eg. accident or even death, once happened, cannot be undone. Better to be safe than sorry, so maybe the idea of "just ignore it" not so good. Even though other people might experience the same kind of "poking" and nothing happens to them, it is a question of whether we want to take the risk. Many heavy smokers are smoking for years, and nothing happen to them, but we cannot assume that nothing happens to them, therefore, nothing will happen to us if we smoke like the way they do, so we can go ahead and smoke freely.

The use of mirrors & talisman is quite common. Whether effective or not, i am not sure. But looks like those are the only known cures.

Edited by bepgof

Well Eastwood, you definitely have a choice (on dealing with disturbances arising from bamboo poles) based on Stephen Covey's 7 habits of highly effective people. He is the founder of bepgof's 10/90 rule.

No worries it is not a Feng shui problem...Practicing good karma is a cornerstone of Feng Shui.Not placing cures ,stone all over your house

.The keywords in Feng shui are Harmonious, Balance and Positive.Hope this helps you.

Edited by binng22

Visual & psychological discomfort is part of fs's tactics. Remove the source of discomfort, if possible instead of applying "cure". Remember Joo chiat case?. One with spot light, another with mirror to reflect light, eventual both kena "injuried".

Hi,

I have a problem. My HDB 3 room is a corner unit. Being a corner unit, my main door faces a perpendicularly differrent direction from the rest of the units.

Recently, a neighbour moved into a corridor unit, 2 units away. They started placing bamboo stand and bamboo sticks for sunning their laundry at their main gate. The bamboos point directly at my main door.

I requested for their co-operation to remove the bamboos and place it standing upright once their clothes are dry and they co-operated. I dare not request for them to totally stop this practice, in case they answer me back "we have the right, this is our space". If they say like this, i cannot take the case further, because i have no grounds to complain to town council or any authority. So i managed to secure a deal with them. Getting them to half co-operate is better than having totally no co-operation from them.

I believe no one will disagree with me that this is theoretically quite fatal. The "arrows" are so near, only a few metres away. And i cannot place a partition to block it away. So my door is permanently closed.

So now i have to do some soft cures. I can only think of placing a small hexagon mirror on top of my door. What else can be done? How about cactus? Or talisman?

Or is it a better idea for me to buy a X shaped clothes hanger stand as a gift to them and request for them to stop pointing their bamboo at my door? Then i can do away with the mirror or cactus or talisman. The X shaped clothes hanger does not have the "arrows" & if i am not wrong, costs about $50 at Giant.

Anyone experience such situation before? How to best solve this problem/?

Edited by godloveyou