Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joyousonline

Our Lovenest!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Piano white is nice and gives a clean look. Nice kitchen:) I m lazy to hand wash esp after a party. That why I am getting a dish washer.... Hee hee...;)

Oh ya I love the piano white laminates which make the kitchen looks big and clean. Hee think dishwashers are getting popular! But dun think it can clean those Chinese wok right?

Can't agree more that white is a super clean look. I also wanted all the kitchen to be all white initially but decided against it coz i cook and the tendency to turn yellow after a few years is quite high. Ypur lights should arrive in time ba, if not try to ask him to expedite the delivery. Cannot wait to see your lights

Think I better be more hardworking to clean up in order not to accumulate on grease due to cooking which results in the yellowing! I hope my lights come soon! Contractor is asking already! I am also very excited to see my lights too! Shall ask him tomorrow!

Your open concept kitchen looks really nice! Can't wait to see your completed kitchen. ;)

Thanks! I can't wait to see my completed kitchen too! Hopefully by next week can complete!

we went to the granite workshop yesterday evening to confirm our Indian Black Galaxy granite slab! We outsourced this to direct granite contractor and managed to save 1k plus. Island top and kitchen worktop that comes with backsplash (skirting) and opening of holes! installation will be tomorrow! So excited!

photo-74.jpg

photo-73.jpg

Edited by joyousonline

cove lights with downlights @ living room..

ha notice no grills..changing my grills...but hor, no grills really look so much nicer!! but we staying on 2nd floor..better to have grills right?

mother in law says why ceiling fan??? to her, it will work fine now...after a while it will not...heeee no choice i dun really like standing fans...think should not be any problem with ceiling fans. sometimes feel drained especially comments from family..comments like "your flat so big, how to clean!", "why 2 pple need such a big space?", "initially, excited to clean, later on will find it a chore...", "the marble not nice coz it's pinkish!", "wa staircase also marble, very dangerous leh!", "oh you have to wash so many curtains!", "why toilet light is rectangular coz according to fengshui, it's no good?" haiz...i dunno what other comments to come when house is ready.

very very nice house, sis joyousonline! we'd like to buy an EM also, love it's spacious, but like you, hear many comments... MIL also opposing EM, staircase and scares her son has to do alot of houseworks. so we end-up bought a resale 5rm... then when she first saw the toilet floor "where got ppl have black tiles...." and my parents also say the rooms' floorings are fine, no need to waste money to overlay laminate flooring, this no need to do, that no need to do..." ... :help:

btw, someone refered me to see your t-blog about the granite top, any comment?

updates: Granite Installation!

As we are both working, we leave it to the coordination of both the granite contractor and our contractor. They came this morning to install the granite! The installer even took pictures and emailed me to show me the completion of the installation. Kudos to the great service by them! Later after work, we shall go down and take a look ourselves!

Here are the pictures which they have sent us.

1313649141.jpg

Edited by joyousonline

very very nice house, sis joyousonline! we'd like to buy an EM also, love it's spacious, but like you, hear many comments... MIL also opposing EM, staircase and scares her son has to do alot of houseworks. so we end-up bought a resale 5rm... then when she first saw the toilet floor "where got ppl have black tiles...." and my parents also say the rooms' floorings are fine, no need to waste money to overlay laminate flooring, this no need to do, that no need to do..." ... :help:

thanks JonsMom! We appreciate the space! And 5room pricing is not that cheap too! Well ultimately the ones living in it matters and you are the ones paying for the reno! Elderly dun like dark dark stuff! well it's a matter of preference. Different generation! For us, we just do what we thinks is good with the advice of the contractor too! In fact, my contractor recommends me full black toilet but we cannot take it! hahaha... So during the reno process, we din mention much to our folks. Just try to ignore the remarks and enjoy the reno process! We cannot please everyone!

Oh someone?? heeee anyway take a look! Will comment when I get to see the top later. So far, service is good though!

LOL, I was reminded while reading this that I haven't told my parents (or his) that we have black toilets. :rolleyes:

JonsMom, don't worry so much about the comments. I'm sure they mean well, but you are the one staying in your home, not them.

Joyous, can I have the granite contact pls? Just in case I hate my solid surface and need to change in Phase 2.5 of the reno... :P

Thanks babe!

LOL, I was reminded while reading this that I haven't told my parents (or his) that we have black toilets. :rolleyes:

JonsMom, don't worry so much about the comments. I'm sure they mean well, but you are the one staying in your home, not them.

Joyous, can I have the granite contact pls? Just in case I hate my solid surface and need to change in Phase 2.5 of the reno... :P

Thanks babe!

No solid suface la! Easily scratched wor. Get granite or quartz surface unless u can be very very careful with your solid surface wor.

Joy: nice stuff. Great to see it coming along good. And waiting to see your lights!

No solid suface la! Easily scratched wor. Get granite or quartz surface unless u can be very very careful with your solid surface wor.

Joy: nice stuff. Great to see it coming along good. And waiting to see your lights!

Haiya, which is why i think got chance of phase 2.5 lor.

Now too late to change.

Yes Joyous reno coming along nicely. :) So nice to see photos.

My toilet also orh orh black black n rusty tiles look! Can see 2moro Liao! Will take pics...

I got quote $80pfr for black India granite..how much is yours? Do pm me the contact. Tks!

Sweet!!! ur reno almost finish and I can see everything look good.. I'm just glad that u happy with neo service..(psss..if he bully u..let me know..i will 8| him :lol:)

Well ultimately the ones living in it matters and you are the ones paying for the reno! Elderly dun like dark dark stuff! well it's a matter of preference. Different generation! For us, we just do what we thinks is good with the advice of the contractor too! In fact, my contractor recommends me full black toilet but we cannot take it! hahaha... So during the reno process, we din mention much to our folks. Just try to ignore the remarks and enjoy the reno process! We cannot please everyone!

JonsMom..I have to agree with joyous and adidaem, true that our parents mean well BUT the one who will be staying is you, and the one who will face the tiles, the reno will also be you..a comment is just a comment, you can just ignore the comment. From my experience..hee I never tell my parents what I intend to do..or bring them along during the tiles selection bcos I have my own taste..& I want my contractor to follow what I want bcos Im THE BOSS :lol: even during most of the reno process I didn't bring them to see my house bcos..i dont want to listen to negative remarks that will make me change my minds..only bring them when reno 90% complete..WHY? by that time everything is done..nothing can be change

Most importantly - I dont want to regret for half of my life for not doing things that I want for my own home just bcos I listen/follow to people remarks/comment.. Hope you enjoy your reno process fully!