Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sgdstuff

Chronicles Of My Revamp Journey - Hougang 4a

hi, i am also doing up my resale 4A flat at hougang. Same layout as urs, just mirror image. HaHa....

I plan to engage Alan. True his quote is abit loosely written, but after talking to him for a few times, i feel he is sincer and not pushy. Seen his work and feel its ok.

Most likely i will start reno end April. Partly is his quote is the lowest among all i have taken. No choice, due to tight budget.

Anyway, hope i have not make wrong choice....haha......

Hope to see ur 3D drawing soon. I plan to put the dinning at the living rm. Wats ur plan??? Might share??? Thanks

Hi Immunity,

I have met up with Alan too and seen his work. My husband and me are ok with it. He is sincere, friendly and non pushy > I do agree. My reno mostly like will start on end of May after you.....LOL. I haven't sign up yet cos I request for on site measurement first and I want to finalized the materials that I wanna use. The 3D drawing will be done after signing up. Anyway, I have sketched my own design drawings but still need to be confirmed cos it is not up to scale.

The dining table most likely I will put in living area. Reason being my kitchen is in southeast area which is not favourable for my husband and myself in term of feng shui but I am considering to do a breakfast counter top if there is any space on that. (Seems a bit contradicting rite?) I always have this inspiration to have my own breakfast counter top or island top but Island top is definitely no no for my unit due to feng shui issue too. Breakfast counter top still ok.

Btw, do you mind to share your quote here or pm me ? Thanks!

Emobebe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Immunity,

Now I understand why Alan called me the other day to clarify himself :notti:

Anyway, I think he should be pretty ok as the Aunties whom I knew in teh market were praising him on his work done in their houses. :D

For me, I was initially moved by his quotes but due to previous bad experience in similar situation, I prefer not to take any chances even though the quote was the cheapest.

No offence on your decision and I'm sure he will be able to do a good job for you.

On my layout, I will have my dining in the living as well because my wife needs an additional preparation table in the kitchen. After the reno, my living will no longer be a complete spacious sqaure anymore because due to FSM reccommendation, I need to do up some feature wall to block up certain area. Also, I will be shifting my MBR entrance as well.

Will upload the 3D once ID provides it to us, kind of excited now :)

Hi sgdstuff,

My living room also will look a bit cramp with the dining table there. But what to do.....LOL. Buy smaller dining table and squeeze in. Anyway, I won't be shifting the MBR entrance cos that is my husband and mine's best direction. By the way, for the storeroom door I maybe change to tic tac door. Not sure whether you heard about three doors cannot be placed in together. So, to break it u need to camouflaged one door. This is what I read from books and internet not from FSM. I have been "nomad" since young so more or less I know what kind of direction which is suitable for me. You will know someday when you move in or first time you enter your place...

Cheers:) Emobebe

Had just made a trip to Lighting.com in Jln Besar with Kevin t look at some lightings.

Due to some criteria set by FSM, we had a tough time trying to find something suitable but I think we had managed to come out with a solution while browsing thru the lightings there.

Will be making another trip again with my wife before comfirming the lightings and will probably go over to Poh Joo to look at the Kitchen & Toilet stuff on the same trip.

Will take some photos during the next trip and upload it.

Hi sgdstuff,

My living room also will look a bit cramp with the dining table there. But what to do.....LOL. Buy smaller dining table and squeeze in. Anyway, I won't be shifting the MBR entrance cos that is my husband and mine's best direction. By the way, for the storeroom door I maybe change to tic tac door. Not sure whether you heard about three doors cannot be placed in together. So, to break it u need to camouflaged one door. This is what I read from books and internet not from FSM. I have been "nomad" since young so more or less I know what kind of direction which is suitable for me. You will know someday when you move in or first time you enter your place...

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi Emobebe,

Tried sending your a PM on my FSM report but your inbox is full.

Hi Emobebe,

Tried sending your a PM on my FSM report but your inbox is full.

Sorrie, too many ppl pm me. You can send now. Waiting.....thanks!!!

Went around trying viewing some stuff over the weekend, no purchases has been done yet but had made up our mind on which lamps to choose.

Lightings - Lighting.com

Will be installing this Ceiling Lamp for Living X 3pcs, Bed Rooms - 1 each bed room, Kitchen X 2 Pcs.

Living_Kitchen_Bedrooms_CeilingLamp.jpg

Dining Area Wall Lamp

DiningWallLamp.jpg

Bathrooms, Storeroom & Walkways

Bathrooms_Storeroom_Walkways_CeilingLamp

Sofa - Vhive

Comtemplating on whether to buy this 3 Seater Recliner Sofa. One hold back factor is the material. The surface is using Microfiber and we are worry that my littles princess might "mess" around on the sofa and that's it..... :(

The other factor which had me thinking is the price. Not that it cost a bomb, just that I had originally thought of getting a L-Shape Sofa with the price range of $500++ and if I go for this, I will be about $300 over my original budget but if the surface is PU Leather and at teh same price, I think I will probably make the plunge even if I overshot the budget slightly.

Anyone knows where else sells this kind of sofa at the price range of $700+ to $800+?....... Other than Novena......

VHive3SeaterReclinerSofa.jpg

Dining Table

Will be getting this Dining Table from Ikea. Like it mainly because it's "Expandable". We will have it "shrunk" to 4 seaters most of the time and will only have it "Expanded" to 6 seaters when we have guest. Felt it suits or tiny Dining area :)

As for Dining Chairs, will probably make a trip down to Gnee Hong Furniture @ Eunos to take a look on what they have and their prices as well. Browse thru their web catalogue and their stuff looks quite nice.

IkeaExpandableDiningTable.jpg

Bathroom Stuff

Went to Poh Seng & Hupfarri to take a look but couldn't find something I wanted, will be making a trip down to Poh Joo this weekend and look around.

Will be hunting for 1 X Rain Shower, 2 X Toilet Bowl (Sitting), 2 X Bathroom Sink, 1 X Kitchen Sink, 1 X Storage Heater, 1 X Instant Heater and other Kitchen & Bathroom Accessories.

Anyone can recommend places for me to hunt such stuff? Not looking for those high end stuff..... basic to mid range will do.

Tiles

Went to Sim Bee Huat to look around for ideas and think we managed to visualize what we want but will probably make another trip over to Hafary @ Defu to take a look as well this weekend. Would prefer to get it from Hafary @ Defu because it's nearer to my place :)

Edited by sgdstuff

Finally, my 3D drawings are out. I wouldn't say that the actual will look exactly like these drawings but close.

Will be meeting up with Kevin to go thru the areas that was reflected incorrectly and also gign over to Hafary for selection of tiles.

Living Room :

Angle A

LivingRoom2.jpg

Angle B

LivingRoom3.jpg

Angle C

LivingRoom1.jpg

Continue in another post.....

hi, finally see ur 3D drawing....haha.....

u partion ur living rm to have dinning area? wont ur living rm look small liao??

but ur 3D bery nice.....alot of carpentery...wats ur total reno cost??

i don seems to catch where u are placing ur dinning table?? than ur living rm, ur sofa so near to the main door??

hi sgdstuff,

Actually, I also have the same question how you partition your living room in order to have a dining area? I have seen this type of design before during my searching for resale flat last year but it is a bit unique. Will it be cramp??

I will do some wall partition too but i haven't finalised yet where to put the partition wall. LOL

cheers:) Emobebe

hi, finally see ur 3D drawing....haha.....

u partion ur living rm to have dinning area? wont ur living rm look small liao??

but ur 3D bery nice.....alot of carpentery...wats ur total reno cost??

i don seems to catch where u are placing ur dinning table?? than ur living rm, ur sofa so near to the main door??

hi sgdstuff,

Actually, I also have the same question how you partition your living room in order to have a dining area? I have seen this type of design before during my searching for resale flat last year but it is a bit unique. Will it be cramp??

I will do some wall partition too but i haven't finalised yet where to put the partition wall. LOL

cheers:) Emobebe

Hi Immunity, Emobebe,

Yes, my living room is goign to be smaller than what it is now but we have no choice due to our needs...... Kitchen does not have any space to fit in a Dining table. We could well do away with the partition wall but as we want to "hide" our dining table hence no choice but to erect it.

hi sgdstuff,

actually i also have the same headache as where to place my dinning table. but after a LONG tinking and discussion wif my wife and contractor PLUS alot of on-site measuement, i decided to have it in the kitchen. i will leave 7.5ft for dinning. level it up to same as living rm. cause i feel kitchen no need to be too big.haha.

as most of the time my family will b at the living room. just my feel. for sharing with u.

btw nw i am at 5th day of reno. all hacking and removal done. re-position of masterbed room done. all tiles delivered. today doing entire hse wall and ceiling pastering. paiseh....got no pic to show u all.

btw check wif u hor....ur hse got goverent gas supply?? or u use cylinder type? i was told my entire flat got no gas supply. so got to use cynilder. i was BERY SURPRICE.....

waiting to see urs......

emobebe>> when u doing ur reno??? u been asking alot of question but haven seen ur flr plan and update....haha....joking lar.... my flr plan is exactlly same as sgdstuff. cause my flat also in hg.

hi sgdstuff,

actually i also have the same headache as where to place my dinning table. but after a LONG tinking and discussion wif my wife and contractor PLUS alot of on-site measuement, i decided to have it in the kitchen. i will leave 7.5ft for dinning. level it up to same as living rm. cause i feel kitchen no need to be too big.haha.

as most of the time my family will b at the living room. just my feel. for sharing with u.

btw nw i am at 5th day of reno. all hacking and removal done. re-position of masterbed room done. all tiles delivered. today doing entire hse wall and ceiling pastering. paiseh....got no pic to show u all.

btw check wif u hor....ur hse got goverent gas supply?? or u use cylinder type? i was told my entire flat got no gas supply. so got to use cynilder. i was BERY SURPRICE.....

waiting to see urs......

emobebe>> when u doing ur reno??? u been asking alot of question but haven seen ur flr plan and update....haha....joking lar.... my flr plan is exactlly same as sgdstuff. cause my flat also in hg.

I haven't get my key yet...end of next month. I have been here for a month to learn from you all. My initial thought that the reno should be taken care by my husband but end up I have to do it alone mostly due to his work commitment. So, from sourcing IDs and contractors till selection of materials, paints, furniture, accessories..i one man show...sian...I learnt something here >> next time i will select move in condition flat rather than reno cos i find that it takes up a lot of my times and it makes me bored sometimes cos no one to discuss except you all....btw, i have uploaded my floor plan quite some times ago to ask a question about how to do up the furniture layout...I can't seems find the link now...I dunno whether my posts gone after the forum upgraded last week...In case you have been wondering what is my floor plan layout look like, it is exactly same as yours...:)

When you wanna upload your reno progress picture? Eager to see the outcome.

Emobebe