Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I think the IDs recommended in Renotalk are the more budgeted ones to mid ranged ones. Cos I think most home owners here are looking for value for money type of IDs, judging by the t-blogs also. I feel many of the pictures look contractor style design rather than really from a trained ID. Even though they were supposed to get ID quality.

I tried to post some questions regarding the higher end IDs but my questions never get published online. Makes me wonder if the admin people from Renotalk are biased? If so, shame on them!

Free space is considered the upper end kind of ID, so that explains why no one really gave any reviews.

I agree on ur first line :)

you will know why when you look who is their advertisers.... only that few are always mentioned. But this is no fault of them, its just how things work in this forum. Very important to gather our sources from all over, than to based everything in this forum.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I roughly know them from the TV show called "ban wan da ying jia" hosted by li guo huang and the fellows. They seem quite ok and friendly, but the price is slightly expensive than the other renovation company. In term of design, i think is just so so to me from the show, maybe i just don't like the way the design colourful for kitchen and living room. hehe...

good luck!

I think the IDs recommended in Renotalk are the more budgeted ones to mid ranged ones. Cos I think most home owners here are looking for value for money type of IDs, judging by the t-blogs also. I feel many of the pictures look contractor style design rather than really from a trained ID. Even though they were supposed to get ID quality.

I tried to post some questions regarding the higher end IDs but my questions never get published online. Makes me wonder if the admin people from Renotalk are biased? If so, shame on them!

Free space is considered the upper end kind of ID, so that explains why no one really gave any reviews.

Ooo...this is a something interesting to you...i realised that...thanks for sharing!!

Sometimes you can't judge by just 1 case. It could be due to budget constraints. I didn't watch the show, but maybe they also had time constraint. Or it could be due to the home owner's request to have the home done up in a certain way? We have to take all these into considerations.

For eg: I was told that for those who believe in feng shuis, even when they choose a very good ID, the home turns out really whacky or an eye sore. With weird colour combination on the walls and impractical placement of furniture. The home owners sometimes know this themselves but they trust feng shui too much to compromise.

Ooo...this is a something interesting to you...i realised that...thanks for sharing!!

You're welcome.. Didn't do much here, just my observation. Hee....

I'm beginning to suspect Renotalk is a highly controlled forum. *Duh* I simply asked an innocent question such as "Has anybody used XXXX ID?" and they refused to publish it here. And they even block out the names of some IDs... not sure if you all noticed that.

Try posting such a question and you will see!

And when I look at the t-blogs pictures and forums discussions, it seems people only use the same old few IDs. Design-wise a handful of them don't have the "Wow" factor. Of course, it's good to stick with the usual IDs since they are tried and tested. But I feel there should be more exposure and reviews of other good IDs.

Anyone engage their service before and have ID to recommend? Pretty impress with their portfolio and plan to arrange for an appointment.

Understand their quote tends to be on the higher side but guess good stuff comes at a price. :)

Dear Guys,

I don't know if any of u will be interested in engaging me. I am striking out on my own, an interior designer. My works are creating unique & cosy space for household. I do not have a showroom yet, but i have done up my house. You can take a look at my facebook-

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002348169589&ref=ts

If any of you would be interested to engage my services, do write me an email and forward me your layout plan. I can do a pre-consultation with non-obligation space planning of no charge. Charging of service will only begin if you are interested after the pre-consultation meeting.

My email:tdjliving@gmail.com

I would greatly appreaciate your support. :-) Thank you and have a great day ahead

hey pal,

That is not the way to advertise your services! You should be creating a thread of your own and not hijack this current thread.

What are you thinking??

hey pal,

That is not the way to advertise your services! You should be creating a thread of your own and not hijack this current thread.

What are you thinking??

Haha i agree. I think most important is to know what kind of design and convey clearly to them. I used FSI and i have no regret choosing them. Though their price is at least 20% higher than the norm one but i am overall very happy with my final chic renov.

hi all, regardng price..they belongs to mid to high range. I would say designer price. The boss is very straightforward on their costings. If your budget dont allows much of creative freedom, they rather u go to those HDB contractor whose office mabe below ur block type. They also do not mind to come out the creative design and you look for ur own contractor.(u pay for the creative services/drawings)

me being in the creative industry, valued and respect fellow designer works. My search for ID only limit to 3 ID firm who has the best creative flair in HDB design. Also the chemistry between you and the designer is important too. They have to understand you fast and know your preferences. These stuff you will never see it in most purely contractor type of companies or even some ID firms.

To put it simply they are the continental car prices as compared to japanese cars.

Uh, will there give you poorer service if only ask for creative design leh? Coz it obviously means, i cannot afford their full package...

Have anyone tried just to pay for design? Wonder how much that would cost...

my current place and former one both done by free space

raymond is a nice person, still ok now thats hes "half famous"...

price on the high side but they match our vision best so we had them for our 2 homes.....

workmanship ok, good carpenters, painters

QUOTE (minnie_dexter @ Mar 9 2011, 04:00 PM) Ooo...this is a something interesting to you...i realised that...thanks for sharing!!

You're welcome.. Didn't do much here, just my observation. Hee....

I'm beginning to suspect Renotalk is a highly controlled forum. *Duh* I simply asked an innocent question such as "Has anybody used XXXX ID?" and they refused to publish it here. And they even block out the names of some IDs... not sure if you all noticed that.

Try posting such a question and you will see!

And when I look at the t-blogs pictures and forums discussions, it seems people only use the same old few IDs. Design-wise a handful of them don't have the "Wow" factor. Of course, it's good to stick with the usual IDs since they are tried and tested. But I feel there should be more exposure and reviews of other good IDs.

Yeah, Renotalk will auto filter some ID names out when you type them. I am not sure why either. These filtered out ones are too good or too bad?

As for being highly controlled, I am personally not surprised. I operated a trading strategy forum when I was in my uni days (unfortunately it died from lack of capital) and there are a lot of tricks that a forum owner can play....that you may never know. All forums are highly controlled, let alone an advertising heavy one like Renotalk.

All these boils down to the business model: All forums derive income from advertisements, and to attract advertisements, a forum owner has no choice but to do some tricks, if not the forum will go bust (just like mine, because I am too stubborn to do some things) It is definitely not the fault of Renotalk's staff.

Just be careful, don't take everything at face value and know how the game is played and keep a clear head.

I met Raymond Seow before he became famous 8 yrs ago..He is indeed a very talented n real ID...

I wanted very much to engage him but I could not afford at all. He did tell me politely that a 5rm flat Reno will cost abt 80-90k if I were to engage him. Well, I find him worth that price!

Sigh....I wish I will have the chance to engage him 1day....I still kept his layout plan for me 8yrs ago...

Hi, angel butterfly.

Didn't you say something similar already? tongue.gif

I met the boss( Raymond Seow) once at 7yrs ago when I wanted to minor reno my place. He is a very intelligent designer and can sketch on the spot. I still kept his sketch till now. He was also very humble at that time though he wasnt famous yet. However, he was already very expensive then and we could not afford to hire him. He was very much into retro theme that time..

My hubby remembered him till today. In fact he was the only designer whom my hubby admire. Hubby did ask me to contact him again for my reno this time round but also no reply...

Actually kind of know he might b too expensive to engage but still like to see how much he quote also. Let's see if he did reply or not. Pls pm me if you also met some other good designers from his firm. I might consider also....Tks alot..

Edited by renoseeker