Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Btw, wanted to share my experience with the movers I engaged - Elite Movers.

The movers arrived 45 minutes before our scheduled time of 1pm. 4 men and 1 driver. Very efficient! The driver really just drives and take care of the vehicle, while the 4 movers do all the moving. Things we forgot, or miss out, or put at the wrong location they just go and do it. No black face, no complaints. Just do it attitude. :good: :good:

Boxes which I have not taped up, they actually took initiative and taped it up for us. Like wise for some loose items in smaller boxes, they have also put it into another box for us.

In fact these guys are so efficient, they finished moving everything by 1.30pm. That's 75 minutes for moving from 2 locations to my new place! Very very fast. Very satisfied with their services.

If I ever move in the not so near future, will definitely use them again.

Do you have to pay them tips? How much?

Thanks

BuyNow7 - yeah we gave them tips but it wasn't mandated by the company or anything like that, so to your question ad to whether we PAID them tips, I would say no. :) We gave them a round number to split among themselves which works out to a small single digit each person incl driver, enough for a meal. We also bought them canned drinks as well as it was super hot the day we moved.

Yaolong - Their website is elitemovers.com.sg

Abupapa - we bought our table at Pomelo. The original price of the Strut Table is $1,800 thereabouts. But juz FYI, the colour we got it in, Olive, is a discontinued colour. I dun think Grafunkt has it in this colour since they only recently started stocking it. But can double check with them. HTHs. :)

Thanks alot. Will contact them soon

BuyNow7 - yeah we gave them tips but it wasn't mandated by the company or anything like that, so to your question ad to whether we PAID them tips, I would say no. :) We gave them a round number to split among themselves which works out to a small single digit each person incl driver, enough for a meal. We also bought them canned drinks as well as it was super hot the day we moved.

Yaolong - Their website is elitemovers.com.sg

Abupapa - we bought our table at Pomelo. The original price of the Strut Table is $1,800 thereabouts. But juz FYI, the colour we got it in, Olive, is a discontinued colour. I dun think Grafunkt has it in this colour since they only recently started stocking it. But can double check with them. HTHs. :)

C'mon! Whip out that digicam and showcase your home already! :)

hahaha thanks for the support sfk7 :) i'm a big fan of your place. when we were scouting ard for and id, we used ur blog as an inspiration. even the guys at proj file mentioned u.

anyways, back to the lack of pics. it's not that we don't want to, but we're kinda still living outta our boxes, there's no internet atm and we're headed for a holiday next week. so things are still very unsettled.

i am also looking fwd to building a bookshelf. i posted the link at the diy club, so checkkit out :)

hahaha thanks for the support sfk7 :) i'm a big fan of your place. when we were scouting ard for and id, we used ur blog as an inspiration. even the guys at proj file mentioned u.

anyways, back to the lack of pics. it's not that we don't want to, but we're kinda still living outta our boxes, there's no internet atm and we're headed for a holiday next week. so things are still very unsettled.

i am also looking fwd to building a bookshelf. i posted the link at the diy club, so checkkit out :)

Challenge your limits and try to make this kind of bookshelf biggrin.gif

7.jpg

It's been a while since we came to the blog. We're been away to the land of ramen, sushi and sashimi!

shibuya-at-night.jpg

Didn't buy much there as the yen is so high now... We did however, lug back a bench from Japan! :)

Will share some pictures of our furniture shopping in Ramenland soon.

In the meantime, I am suffering from severe post holiday withdrawal syndrome... :(

Welcome back! A bench from Japan? Can't wait to see the photos!

Like to check if elite movers pack and unpack/assemble your stuffs for you?

I understand that Shalom can pack all your clothes and hang them in a big moving cabinet, so you don't really have to pack them. Is it the same for Elite?