Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

living_room.jpg

Glad to see your house reno progressing well. Apart from the TV console any other furniture you planning for the living room?

I am sure we can be a little more inventive.

Dog barking.

"Oh your so pretty..." (effeminate male voice)

"Give us a kiss." (Gruff male voice)

"Whatcha want girlfriend." (Strong female voice)

"Look at the size of that thing..." (Starwars quote)

"You ring I come, you ring I come." (Hassled Chinese mans voice)

"Kopi time." (Any voice).

"[loud]Shhh, if we are quite maybe they will think we are out." (Any voice)

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four." (Kids voice - nursery rhyme)

"You ask him in, and I will hide behind the door with a baseball bat." (Male voice)

"Honey, another client for you..." (male voice calling out).

I think I have to go searching for mp3 playing door bell now :good:.

RB

This was laugh out loud funny! :D

Yeah, but can't find the doorbell in sg tho. Had to buy overseas.

I remember seeing some MP3 doorbell by Soundtech in Homefix? $75? Kinda pricey IMO but then the look on guest's face is probably priceless. :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh, thats great! so u made no 90 degrees bend? what kind of bending did u do as mine definitely require some form of turns.

Also, did you run the trunking initially in concealed ceiling?

Btw, did u managed to go to Koda on a weekday?

the turns can still be 90 degrees just that the turning radius cannot be too small/sharp :)

Oh, thats great! so u made no 90 degrees bend? what kind of bending did u do as mine definitely require some form of turns.

Also, did you run the trunking initially in concealed ceiling?

Btw, did u managed to go to Koda on a weekday?

Heyo. Try to get your electrician to settle these details. An experienced one will be able to determine the route to minimize problems.

Even for 90 degree turns (inevitable) if there is ample space, the turn can be made round a larger radius.

Didn't go to KODA on a weekday, got work leh.

Glad to see your house reno progressing well. Apart from the TV console any other furniture you planning for the living room?

Thanks! Probably coffee table and maybe side table. Will get them along the way as we need them. ;)

the turns can still be 90 degrees just that the turning radius cannot be too small/sharp :)

yupyup!

Nice reno u have done to your EM ..... Doesn't look like 26 yrs old. Indeed I like your creative ideas and will probably 'steal' some of your ideas. You have made the whole place look so spacious and cosy!

Nice reno u have done to your EM ..... Doesn't look like 26 yrs old. Indeed I like your creative ideas and will probably 'steal' some of your ideas. You have made the whole place look so spacious and cosy!

Heyo thanks! Actually there's nothing much in there, I just like it spacious. hehe.

Updates 19 June 2011

Just some updates.. no pictures yet.

TV Console

Installed my TV console already. Kind of regretted the size, think it's too big! Maybe a 40cm depth would have been nicer, now it's 50cm. Sorry no pics yet, maybe next week with the other new junk. hehe.

Dining Table+Chairs

KODA finally opened it's doors on weekends, but only their old display sets were available. i.e. furniture used in exhibitions and shows, transported here and there.

I wanted a thick solid wood dining table, but wife didn't like the grooves it had on the surface. There was a piece of black glass on the center, and she said food will get stuck in there and cannot clean. Agreed on that.. so bye thick heavy solid table. lol. Actually there was another solid one with a smooth top, but that one was slightly damaged with a large crack.

This was the original one I was beoing but rejected.. keke. So solid that I'd feel safe jumping on it (okok maybe not jump, but stand)

20090807132554_img2.jpg

Keen on this too.. but it was damaged and slightly too big for my dining area. 2m x 1m big, leaving only 50cm sitting space on each side.

Actually... the bench I bought looks like the one on the lower left corner.

20090807115912_img2.jpg

In the end, chose a thinner but classier table with round edges and round legs. BUT... some people came earlier and bought some of the chairs of the set, and they only had 3 chairs left to complement that table. They had other designs but I didn't like them. So.... just got the 3 chairs and will source for a bench or other chairs to mix and match. I did buy a bench though, solid oak, different colour from dining table. Not sure where I'll use it yet, can put at dining area first or balcony or even at entrance for me to wear my shoes.

Also bought a small side table just to chalk up the bill to get free delivery. lol. Well.. I'll take pics next week after delivery and we'll see!

Dustbins

Went to King and King Wong @ NEX, quite a collection of household items for those who like to decorate your house like a country cottage. I bought a large classified dustbin (2-tiered). Intend to use the top as normal rubbish bin and the bottom as additional storage.

Quick photo update...

Dining Table

Just arrived from KODA. We will get a bench on the left side. Actually.. we already have a bench but it is being used as coffee table now. :P

Got it because the edges were all rounded. Good for clumsy people like me.

dining_table.jpg

TV Console

Carpenter finished it some time ago, just didn't manage to take photos of it.

Wanted it white, but not too sure now as it looked too raw. Laminate has a brushed texture but can't really see until u go really really close. Depth was a little too big too, should have just gone for 40cm instead of 50cm.

Had tempered glass top, and see through section in middle so that we don't face too much dust and the remote can still go thru.

Yes that's my OpenNet terminal on the left... not sure how to nicely connect the router over to the stuff inside. Will connect router to media player and to study room upstairs with a switch.

living_console.jpg

Just bought ironing board, laundry rack, etc from Carrefour as well during their 12% off sale. But when I got home.... I realized that the laundry rack had a TINY label stating "FAULTY"..... dot dot dot... didn't have time to setup yet, gonna try assembling it maybe tmr.

Looking for a dining set of dark walnut colour, and rounded edges - clumsy couple la.

*Edit

Gave a recommendation for Koda, read further and saw that you already went and someone else already recommended.. Am too slow.. Hahaa.. :D

Edited by mabaricows

Hey there, wifey and I went down to Defu Lane for some furniture hunting, you might want to visit Koda Furniture, the owners are very friendly and helpful (they give discount) and the solid wood furniture there is really nice (I bought my dining set there). Go la, you won't regret it. :thumbs up:

haha thanks, see my latest post, my dining set is from Koda! :P

Which dining set did u get? Got pics?? :)

I will probably go down again when their showroom is fully open. Already went there twice.

haha thanks, see my latest post, my dining set is from Koda! :P

Which dining set did u get? Got pics?? :)

I will probably go down again when their showroom is fully open. Already went there twice.

Talked to the fellas over there and they told us that after this weekend, they'll be GST registered. Meaning, 7% more lor.. Its well worth it though, the wooden furniture there is really nice and the prices are really reasonable. Saw your set, thought you'd have gotten one of those thick wooden ones with the curved-down edges.. hehe.. The one you got was what actually caught my eye (online catalogue) and made me travel down there.. Its really nice but the color wasn't suitable..

I got one of those tables placed outside, near the outdoor furniture section. Its a battered looking wooden piece, held up by 2 black steel rectangular-rings at each end as legs. Old looking piece which complements my other furniture nicely.. $480 or so, I bargained till $350! :D

Oh, no pictures, forgot to take.. Once its delivered will take pictures!

Edited by mabaricows

Talked to the fellas over there and they told us that after this weekend, they'll be GST registered. Meaning, 7% more lor.. Its well worth it though, the wooden furniture there is really nice and the prices are really reasonable. Saw your set, thought you'd have gotten one of those thick wooden ones with the curved-down edges.. hehe.. The one you got was what actually caught my eye (online catalogue) and made me travel down there.. Its really nice but the color wasn't suitable..

I got one of those tables placed outside, near the outdoor furniture section. Its a battered looking wooden piece, held up by 2 black steel rectangular-rings at each end as legs. Old looking piece which complements my other furniture nicely.. $480 or so, I bargained till $350! :D

Oh, no pictures, forgot to take.. Once its delivered will take pictures!

Yes, I wanted the thick wooden ones with curved down edges. Posted the pics of those... hhaa.. but wife didn't like the ridges on the table surface, said that food may get stuck inside. The one we got eventually fits quite nicely to the room, just not as solid, cannot jump up and down on it. lol

I didn't ask for discount, bad bargainers we are!!

Hi Soichiro, nice nice home :good: I really like the bench you place beside your sofa :)

Hey thanks. Actually... the table/chairs beside my sofa is a breakfast dining set ($99). We're just moving it all over the place wherever we need it now because we haven't gotten most of the furniture. Right now the table is just beside the bed so I'd doodle on the iPad while sitting on the bed. ha.

The actual bench we bought is not in the picture, a fat solid bench that is our temporary coffee table now.

My kitchen tap water smells and tastes like iron (rust). Haven't gone to smell the other taps yet, for this need to find plumber?

My kitchen tap water smells and tastes like iron (rust). Haven't gone to smell the other taps yet, for this need to find plumber?

You have copper, iron or stainless steel pipes for water ?

If you have copper or stainless Steel then the iron / rust taste is more likely to come from the blocks storage tank. Depends on which floor you are on as to whether your apartment are direct from the mains or via a tank though.

Pipe replacement within your apartment will require a plumber. Outside, ie. the blocks water tank, will require you to talk to HDB.

RB