Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Nice table at a nice price Bro :good:

Thanks~ lucky buy. haha. was eyeing the table for a long while but it was out of stock, until one they, they found one leftover in their warehouse. lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i prefer Design # 4 with L-shape layout. ... Make the room more spacious.

#1 - like classroom layout

#2 - table too narrow, obstruction when need to open/ close window

#3 - make room look small & cramp.

Here is my 2c worth :)

#1 - Becos the seated person is back-facing the windows, during daytime there will be shadow cast on the table-top (which is bad for reading, unless you on desk-lights)

#2 - During daytime, the person seated at the table may feel the heat from the windows. The sunlight glare would be uncomfortable on the eyes too.

#3 - makes the room quite cramped

#4 - the 2 person will be 'fighting'for space? :P

For me, I would take option #1 but swap the bookcase with the 2 tables.

Option #4 seems fine too..

:yamseng:

Let us know your final layout, k! :good:

Some possible layouts for the study room. None seem really right so far... zzz.z.z

studyroom_plan.gif

Edited by stardust205

i prefer Design # 4 with L-shape layout. ... Make the room more spacious.

#1 - like classroom layout

#2 - table too narrow, obstruction when need to open/ close window

#3 - make room look small & cramp.

Thanks for your inputs! Yeah agree with your points. Now.. my prime minister just rejected all 4 layouts!! lol

Here is my 2c worth :)

#1 - Becos the seated person is back-facing the windows, during daytime there will be shadow cast on the table-top (which is bad for reading, unless you on desk-lights)

#2 - During daytime, the person seated at the table may feel the heat from the windows. The sunlight glare would be uncomfortable on the eyes too.

#3 - makes the room quite cramped

#4 - the 2 person will be 'fighting'for space? :P

For me, I would take option #1 but swap the bookcase with the 2 tables.

Option #4 seems fine too..

:yamseng:

Let us know your final layout, k! :good:

Hey thanks for your 2c, hehe. We have blockout blinds in that room, and since it is adjacent to the public staircase window, we won't leave it open often. Not much heat also since that room is at a corner, sun doesn't get in at all. Will update again, now its tough to do stuff without my comp. :P

Quick update... all blinds are installed.

EXCEPT.... they didn't measure the blinds for the MBR properly, and now they are installed too close to the wardrobe. Now its being pressed by the wardrobe and cannot roll smoothly... so far no solution yet, will await the fella who did the initial measurements to have a look. Haven't paid in full though!

All the other blinds are working fine. Love the living room giant blinds, will post pics soon.

Now thinking of how to reduce the noise when the blinds knock on the walls from the wind. Didn't want to do any hooks, maybe buffer the noise by sticking something on the bar...

btw, for study tables and bookshelves, does anyone have any good recommendation for places to get them? I was looking at V.Hive but wife didn't like the designs.

Quick update... all blinds are installed.

EXCEPT.... they didn't measure the blinds for the MBR properly, and now they are installed too close to the wardrobe. Now its being pressed by the wardrobe and cannot roll smoothly... so far no solution yet, will await the fella who did the initial measurements to have a look. Haven't paid in full though!

All the other blinds are working fine. Love the living room giant blinds, will post pics soon.

Now thinking of how to reduce the noise when the blinds knock on the walls from the wind. Didn't want to do any hooks, maybe buffer the noise by sticking something on the bar...

btw, for study tables and bookshelves, does anyone have any good recommendation for places to get them? I was looking at V.Hive but wife didn't like the designs.

What style are you looking for? I actually like the tables and bookshelves in Scanteak. Can also consider Bludot, which is available locally in Pomelo.

http://www.bludot.com/

Hi. Could you give a review of the Brandt top load washing machine?

Hi!

So far so good, noisy but expected of washing machines. It is top load, but side spin. I don't like to squat to throw all the clothes in... and this is the only model that is super slim. Fits nicely into my kitchen layout.

Hi Soichiro, finally I found someone who has the same floor plan as me. Mine is a mirror image of yours. My renovation have not started, at designing stage.

Hi Soichiro, finally I found someone who has the same floor plan as me. Mine is a mirror image of yours. My renovation have not started, at designing stage.

Heyo! Good luck for your renovations! Feel free to ask me if in doubt of anything. =D

Hey Solchiro,

Can I check with you on your Internet connection? Where do you place your broadband and router? Is there any bind spot area when can't get good connection. I'm thinking dinning area might have problem

Hey Solchiro,

Can I check with you on your Internet connection? Where do you place your broadband and router? Is there any bind spot area when can't get good connection. I'm thinking dinning area might have problem

Hallo!

I have 2 wireless routers. The main one is in living room in the TV console. It is wired up to level 2 in my study room -- told contractor to use CAT6 cables.

I consider it in the middle which has 1 concrete wall between each room, and I use the connection most often in the study room anyway.

Hallo!

I have 2 wireless routers. The main one is in living room in the TV console. It is wired up to level 2 in my study room -- told contractor to use CAT6 cables.

I consider it in the middle which has 1 concrete wall between each room, and I use the connection most often in the study room anyway.

Thanks for your feedback, lucky we told our contractor about it. If not it will be too late!