Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Hey Solchiro,

Can I check with you on your Internet connection? Where do you place your broadband and router? Is there any bind spot area when can't get good connection. I'm thinking dinning area might have problem

Hi jshome.

The best place is the mid way of the staircase landing. This position which I had experience that the router signal be able to recieved whilst you are at the dining or living or in the bedrooms or toilets.

FYI

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I got the starhub cable access through the wall between the MBR and the mid way staircase landing.

Installed an ikea short shelf on the mid way staircase landing wall and placed the router and the cordless phone receiver on it.

not sure whether u had ur blinds done, but mine is done by DCV Furnishing - Danny Liew

Very accomodating and did a comparison with 4 other companies quotes, i must say very reasonable :dancingqueen:

impressed by Danny cos he actually took effort to go up my unit without my knowledge to check whether the place is 'clean enough' for installation in the midst of reno :notti:

Thanks~ but I had my blinds done up like a year ago leh. :P

Now doing pet screen for the balcony and kitchen coz I don't want to do grilles there.

Balcony will be sliding screen, and kitchen will be roller pull-down screen.

Hope this allows air ventilation while not allowing as much dust in, but primary purpose for this is to block our pets :P

Hi jshome.

The best place is the mid way of the staircase landing. This position which I had experience that the router signal be able to recieved whilst you are at the dining or living or in the bedrooms or toilets.

FYI

Personally don't like things in the stairwell though. But might be nice if done nicely. :)

Still prefer 2 wireless routers like what I have now. It should pick the strongest signal automatically~ And, I'm still using desktop so will use cabled connection (more stable too) in study room.

Balcony paint seems to be wearing off very quickly.

Any other mansionette owners experiencing this problem too? Not sure if its lousy painter, lousy paint or normal to expect this.

Personally don't like things in the stairwell though. But might be nice if done nicely. :)

Still prefer 2 wireless routers like what I have now. It should pick the strongest signal automatically~ And, I'm still using desktop so will use cabled connection (more stable too) in study room.

Hi Soichiro

Would you be able to share the 2 wireless routers system.

Mine even on install the router modem on the mid stairways still have signal loss. The living room signal drops from 5 to 3. Worse still in one of the bedroom can't recieved any signal......

Hi Soichiro

Would you be able to share the 2 wireless routers system.

Mine even on install the router modem on the mid stairways still have signal loss. The living room signal drops from 5 to 3. Worse still in one of the bedroom can't recieved any signal......

Hi there,

Just make sure there is minimal concrete from router to wherever you expect to use the wifi.

I have a maximum of 1 concrete wall in between router and device, except in kitchen and toilets.

Also, make sure the signal line is relatively perpendicular to the wall. Avoid diagonally crossing a wall, or it could be equivalent of 2 or more walls.

In your case, if your router is in the stairwell, and below the level 2 floor, it could be diagonally cutting through the floor before reaching your device. Try standing where your router is and look around, imagine a line between router and your device and see how you can move things around.

Hi, can I check - the "wrong colour" for the fujioh hood - is it "rich silver" ? I'm thinking of getting a dark hood (preferably black) and wanted to know if this is what the rich silver will look like. Appreciate your help if possible. Thank you :)

Hi, can I check - the "wrong colour" for the fujioh hood - is it "rich silver" ? I'm thinking of getting a dark hood (preferably black) and wanted to know if this is what the rich silver will look like. Appreciate your help if possible. Thank you :)

Whoops sorry didn't see the post til now. Forgot the colour already, paiseh.

An update regarding the paint job at my balcony.

The original painter used Dulux Weathershield on my balcony walls. The wall stained badly after just a few months, and seemed to dissolve in water when I tried to clean it. I could see the cement beneath the paint already. I told my contractor since it is covered under the 2-year warranty. He sent a different painter, and he said it is normal and regular repainting is needed. I asked why HDB exterior can last a few years, he said those are special paint not available to us. (???) He then quoted almost $200 to paint that wall (which just uses about 1 litre of paint).

Eventually, I obtained some spare primer and leftover paint from my friend, and painted that wall myself. It has been almost 2 years, and still looking good!

Conclusion? The painter didn't use primer, used lousy/expired paint, or diluted it with water? I'm not sure. But he sure wasn't honest about the condition of the paint on my wall. The left, right and back side of the walls of my balcony are still using the inferior paint job. Not too badly affected as the rain doesn't really reach there. Might consider repainting those areas some time in the future!

An update regarding the paint job at my balcony.

The original painter used Dulux Weathershield on my balcony walls. The wall stained badly after just a few months, and seemed to dissolve in water when I tried to clean it. I could see the cement beneath the paint already. I told my contractor since it is covered under the 2-year warranty. He sent a different painter, and he said it is normal and regular repainting is needed. I asked why HDB exterior can last a few years, he said those are special paint not available to us. (???) He then quoted almost $200 to paint that wall (which just uses about 1 litre of paint).

Eventually, I obtained some spare primer and leftover paint from my friend, and painted that wall myself. It has been almost 2 years, and still looking good!

Conclusion? The painter didn't use primer, used lousy/expired paint, or diluted it with water? I'm not sure. But he sure wasn't honest about the condition of the paint on my wall. The left, right and back side of the walls of my balcony are still using the inferior paint job. Not too badly affected as the rain doesn't really reach there. Might consider repainting those areas some time in the future!

Those areas will be double storey walls. Plus a bit scary closer towards the exterior edges... lol