Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Has been almost half year since getting my keys, and after alot of hiccups and dilly dallying, the reno is finally almost complete. Some of you may have already seen some of the pictures.. lol. Most of the delay was from my side, buy things very slowly, and sometimes because some things we ordered were out of stock. -.-"

We did not go for anything fancy, just simple refurbishing. Everything will look lagi simple!

As the unit was over 25 years old, almost everything had to be changed... from floor tiles, to all windows, all doors, wiring, etc etc. This is 5M, not EM. So floor area is about 15-20sqm smaller than a typical EM.

To start off, here's the floor plan! Together with some doodling for location of power points, switches and lights.

floorplan_electrical.gif

Only spoke to 1 ID and 1 contractor. Each had items that were cheaper or more expensive, but the contractor was slightly cheaper and wifey preferred the contractor.

So far, a number of screwups here and there (due to miscomm, etc etc), but the contractor was able to rectify or offer alternatives so all's still good!

Will add pictures slowly... man man lai~

Stuff purchased so far...

Aircon

Mitsubishi STARMEX System 3 Inverter.. 1 big 2 small

Toilet Fittings

WC/Sink/Taps - Homeplus (Richard)

All trays and handles - Wei Mi @ Song Cho (Kallang Leisure Park)

Giant Mirrors - IKEA

Lights

Downlights - lightings.com.sg

All other lights + Ceiling Fan - Chan Huat (James)

Kitchen Fittings

Hood - Fujioh FS890, silver metallic (Homeplus)

Hob - Fujioh FG793SS(Homeplus)

Electrical

Fridge - Mitsubishi MR-V45B-DS (Harvey Norman)

Washing Machine - Brandt WTC-9685 (TL) (Harvey Norman)

TV - Samsung 46" Series 6 LED (Audiohouse)

Furniture

Simmons Backcare 4 + Napoli Storage Bed, King Size (Ackermann and Smith)

Croatia 3 pc Breakfast Island Set (Courts)

Edited by Soichiro

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congratulations on ur almost complete reno.. Whoa! ur living sure use a lot of downlights..hee n my contractor keep on commenting that mine is a lot :D

congrats on your 5rm maisonette!!! they call it the 5A model maisonette...but for your conservancy charges, issit considered as 5rm? heee! i've seen one in serangoon area..wow original condition..really hv to do overhaul!

excited to see your pics!

Welcome!

5M and not EM ?

hmm.. but still, looks good, 2 storey high! :)

Yeah! Smaller sized mansionette, 139sqm!

Congratulations on ur almost complete reno.. Whoa! ur living sure use a lot of downlights..hee n my contractor keep on commenting that mine is a lot :D

Thanks! I anyhow huntum one leh, I asked contractor enough or not, he say ok. So just do!

congrats on your 5rm maisonette!!! they call it the 5A model maisonette...but for your conservancy charges, issit considered as 5rm? heee! i've seen one in serangoon area..wow original condition..really hv to do overhaul!

excited to see your pics!

Thanks~~ it is considered 5 room I think. Better check my bill again to be sure. lol

It was the first owner, so 25 years original condition, some rooms look like haunted house!

waa.. i love your layout.. where is this unit? mine 5i is only 120sqm. urs really good deal. mind if i ask roughly how much such unit costs now?

waa.. i love your layout.. where is this unit? mine 5i is only 120sqm. urs really good deal. mind if i ask roughly how much such unit costs now?

Heyo! It is near to Geylang Serai, about 8min walk to Paya Lebar MRT.

Cost of the units depend on a lot of factors bah, but valuation should be around 490-520k in that area.

ohh.. so near my place at sims drive... hiya, i didnt know geyland serai got such units when we were sourcing for houses last year. ur location is good. 8 mins walk is reasonable. mine is almost 15 mins to aljunied. 490k to 520k is definitely a good deal considering the fact that paya lebar area will be a next BIG hit in property market in years to come.

i saw that u have many downlights in livin g room. u may want to consider using clove lighting instead. warm atmosphere and not so heat generating. keke. i seldom on my downlight in my living room because i installed too many (like your case) and too bright. also painful to the eyes. luckly i installed one side with clove lighting. =)

Edited by steelze

finally you have your own t-blog~ will wait for the photos~ :lol:

Yesh, wait very long liao. haha. Photos will post bit by bit from the start.

ohh.. so near my place at sims drive... hiya, i didnt know geyland serai got such units when we were sourcing for houses last year. ur location is good. 8 mins walk is reasonable. mine is almost 15 mins to aljunied. 490k to 520k is definitely a good deal considering the fact that paya lebar area will be a next BIG hit in property market in years to come.

i saw that u have many downlights in livin g room. u may want to consider using clove lighting instead. warm atmosphere and not so heat generating. keke. i seldom on my downlight in my living room because i installed too many (like your case) and too bright. also painful to the eyes. luckly i installed one side with clove lighting. =)

Heyo! Paya Lebar is MRT interchange for 2 lines of the same company, means walking distance between the lines is minimal. Thats what I like about circle line :P

For the downlights, its already installed! I've configured it such that I can switch on only some of them in the middle or behind or front. 4 switches for the 10 lights. I've also gotten the Philips ones, albeit a bit more expensive but they do not emit as much heat as typical halogen lights. They also consume less energy, no ballast required (no flickering when u switch on), which also means cheaper maintenance, one less thing to replace in future.

+ 2 3 2 +

1 + + + 4

1 + + + 4

+ 2 3 2 +

Didn't like cove lights coz don't like any open area that we can't see. lol

Edited by Soichiro

waaa.. how come suddenly so many EM doung reno sia... EM selling like hotcakes now ah? I just saw cleong's EM t-blog... super nice also.. i bet yours will also be as nice! faster post photos lah!

Errr I got 1 Question.. the blue color rectangle outside Bedroom 3 is it the aircon compressor? Possible to place it on top of ur entrance & passageway?? Hmm bcos I intend to do that way but was told unable to due to passageway :dunno:

Can't wait to see the pictures!! The layout looks very big leh..... doesn't look like smaller size EM.

Double storey all will look big la. But after looking at EM layout, really feel I'm missing one room. lol

agree! looks big! do post more and welcome to reno talk! :)

Thanks~~ sorting out pics!

waaa.. how come suddenly so many EM doung reno sia... EM selling like hotcakes now ah? I just saw cleong's EM t-blog... super nice also.. i bet yours will also be as nice! faster post photos lah!

Its 5M! 5M! lol. Mine is much simpler, no cove lights at all and very basic and plain. Just to make everything look new!

Errr I got 1 Question.. the blue color rectangle outside Bedroom 3 is it the aircon compressor? Possible to place it on top of ur entrance & passageway?? Hmm bcos I intend to do that way but was told unable to due to passageway :dunno:

Yes thats the aircon compressor. I wasn't too sure at first, but saw that ALL my neighbours at my level had a compressor at that location. Can't be all of them wrong leh? The aircon installer also went to other levels to double check, and most units had their compressors there.

Yes thats the aircon compressor. I wasn't too sure at first, but saw that ALL my neighbours at my level had a compressor at that location. Can't be all of them wrong leh? The aircon installer also went to other levels to double check, and most units had their compressors there.

hee..can help me to take the pic and pm me? I wanna show my contractor that it can be done..lol.. He did ask me before if I saw ppl put their compressor at that area.. So now die die must show him :notti: