Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Johnathan Xavier

Questions Abt Remaining Rooms That Seldom Use.

Hi, I'm new here..after reading so much abt fengshui etc...i just wondering... i going to get my new BTO 5 room flat. Only my wife, my baby boy(4mth) and me will be staying there. My new home will have 3 rooms... but think of it, both of us only using our masterbed room. My baby boy surely follow us into our bedroom as he require our attention etc...

So i'm wondering, the 2 room that i seldom use... even if 1 room i use it as my office room there will be still left 1 room we seldom use. After i read abt hunted house etc.. fengshui etc... sigh... make me worried...just worry that if any rooms that i seldom use will it make it #$%$... u understand...

Hope anyone here can answer my worries...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Worry not!

Fengshui has nothing to do with spiritual dimensions/ connections. If say the fengshui for a place is good, there is no guarantee that it wouldn't be haunted. And vice versa.

Hence, any beliefs of empty rooms being occupied by spirits r utter rubbish. I was once told by a shop that sells fengshui gadgets & ornaments that I shouldn't be leaving the beds in unoccupied rooms covered with bedsheets & pillow cases, as if there is somebody staying in there. She claimed that it is an invitation for spirits to occupy. Which I found her mentality odd.

I asked my taiwanese geomencer & he said that it's utter rubbish. The only drawback from his perspective is that u get more dust collecting on those bedsheets since nobody is sleeping in the bed. And if the spirit decide to become a PR (permanent resident) in that room, it's becox of other reasons, not becox the room is unoccupied or fully furnished.

And he also cautioned me that if one's mind is strong & not easily influenced by unpleasant/ negative thoughts, it's likely that those spirits would leave them alone - no effect so better look for another more vulnerable victim.

Did u watch this Indian movie, Chandramukhi? It is filmed in 2005 & was aired in the theatres in India for as long as 2-3 years. I was told by the native Indians that it's based on a true life story, that got written into a book & subsequently, made into a movie, with many versions. There were many women staying in the same house but the female spirit of an ancient concubine only chose to possess the wife of the owner. Becox she had some mental disorder, a weak mind.

There are rooms which had been occupied repeatedly by people and still end up getting haunted becox the spirits are already staying inside before the owners stepped in or it could be due to other reasons.

So, please, to have a good kickstart with your new home, have a positive mindset. Do not allow your imagination to run wild!

Edited by edenstrauss

Agreed with edenstrauss explanation, that is you just leave the room empty / unfurnished, not an issue.

However, if you are a vivid feng shui fan like me, and if the empty room is a beneficial sector with vibrant Qi, then you won't get to 'enjoy' it.

Of course no spirit or whatever sorts of thingy... :P

"人气" is essential at all corners of a house. Try make use of the room, whether for study, AV, hobby or anything, or even invite siblings/relative.....

A consistently "left out" space within a house invites unecessary mental stress of "wild imagination".

Hi, I'm new here..after reading so much abt fengshui etc...i just wondering... i going to get my new BTO 5 room flat. Only my wife, my baby boy(4mth) and me will be staying there. My new home will have 3 rooms... but think of it, both of us only using our masterbed room. My baby boy surely follow us into our bedroom as he require our attention etc...

So i'm wondering, the 2 room that i seldom use... even if 1 room i use it as my office room there will be still left 1 room we seldom use. After i read abt hunted house etc.. fengshui etc... sigh... make me worried...just worry that if any rooms that i seldom use will it make it #$%$... u understand...

Edited by bepgof

I've got 3 bedrooms & 1 study room myself... Unless u want to rotate among the bedrooms :P

For some people like an old aunty staying near our flat, she rented out the spare bedrooms. Extra income & she tells us that it's good to have humans breathing in those rooms!

Convert it to a billiard room or your boy's playground

There are criterias to fulfil before one can call a haunted house. New BTO no worries