Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bullfrog

Touch Sensitive Light Switches

Hi... I was in JB yesterday buying lights and switches. I was recommended by the shop to consider touch sensitive light switches instead of the clipsal ones I asked for. It's basically a flat piece of plastic and you turn on your lights by touching the switch very lightly. They have 1,2 and 3 gang. I would like to ask anyone who has installed them if it's advisable. It's got the cool factor but is it practical? Any pros and cons? thanks guys in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi... I was in JB yesterday buying lights and switches. I was recommended by the shop to consider touch sensitive light switches instead of the clipsal ones I asked for. It's basically a flat piece of plastic and you turn on your lights by touching the switch very lightly. They have 1,2 and 3 gang. I would like to ask anyone who has installed them if it's advisable. It's got the cool factor but is it practical? Any pros and cons? thanks guys in advance!

think it depends on your budget. For my 1st house, and being my 1st property, i installed the Clipsal LED switches. I thought it was cool and all my visitors were in awe. but then when i sold off the place, i can't take it with me. so the next owner benefited. To me, i think switches are just switches. Yes, they have the cool factor but is it worth spending that much? Ever since then, for my next few properties, i only stick to normal switches. that's my opinion