Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
isobront

Help! Renovation Permit And Unfriendly Neighbour

Hey that's a good one!

It'll be terribly unfortunate if he turns out to a Singapore PR becox people like that wouldn't be welcomed whenever he goes.

that is angry

Edited by Tiler Seng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey that's a good one!

It'll be terribly unfortunate if he turns out to a Singapore PR becox people like that wouldn't be welcomed whenever he goes.

Very unfortunate is Singapore government issue Singapore PR like no body business

They didn't check , their attitude and behavior.

My ex-colleague even has worst attitude then him.

He expect ladies to open door for him.

Even he is the first one reach the car, he will wait for you to open car door for him.

And even didn't bother to close the car door , even he is the last one to alight the car.

In the end, my colleague, a lady driver need to walk to another side of the car to close the car door for him.

The best part, he converted to Singapore citizen liao.

My colleague thrown me 1 question.

How come your government give citizenship to this kind of ppl.

Wah liao, how I know

Very unfortunate is Singapore government issue Singapore PR like no body business

They didn't check , their attitude and behavior.

My ex-colleague even has worst attitude then him.

He expect ladies to open door for him.

Even he is the first one reach the car, he will wait for you to open car door for him.

And even didn't bother to close the car door , even he is the last one to alight the car.

In the end, my colleague, a lady driver need to walk to another side of the car to close the car door for him.

The best part, he converted to Singapore citizen liao.

My colleague thrown me 1 question.

How come your government give citizenship to this kind of ppl.

Wah liao, how I know

Talented and Arrogant; same same as our government :D

Cao Ang Mo ... Act High Class si bo? Stay at landed or private property la ... Tell your Cao Ang Mo neighbor this, stay in Singapore, you follow Singapore law ...

Bro, you are being too nice to his unreasonable complaints, still go to the extent of writing an apology letter? If I was you, I will tell him to wait long long also don't have hor ... Sue me if you want ... Tu lan 1 lei ...

can i ride on this thread?

my parents are planning to reno our kitchen. work has yet to start, but my dad was just knocking some tiles to do electrical work for about 20 mins and an unfriendly indian neighbour came rudely complaining that it's a sat and she need to slp.

problem is, my contractor will be coming in tomorrow (sunday) to hack away the cabinet skirting. I've told my contractor about her and they say they will apply for the permit.

in my case, if i have a permit, can i argue with her that it's legal to do so (on a sunday?)..

anw i dont have to maintain any gd relation to this indian woman cuz she is famous for complaining at every single minute matter.

Edited by dreamingrose

I don't think hacking can be done on a sunday leh, even with a permit... wouldn't it be very noisy?

Here is the link to the HDB guidebook for your reference, hope it will be helpful to you.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/RENO_GUIDEBOOK/$file/WhatYouNeedToDo.pdf

On page 3:

After getting the permit from HDB, your registered renovation contractor must display the HDB’s Notice of Renovation Works outside your flat until all your renovation work is completed. Your registered renovation contractor is also required to keep your neighbours [a minimum of two neighbouring flats surrounding your flat] informed of the renovation works [including works which do not require a renovation permit eg. relaxed renovation items, any carpentry works] by serving them a notice. Such notice must be served at least 3 days in advance before the commencing of any renovation.

Note the general renovation works can only be carried out between 8.00am to 6.00pm daily. However, noisy renovation works, such as demolition of walls, removing wall/ floor finishes, cutting of tiles and drilling works, etc. are restricted from 9.00am to 5.00pm daily during weekdays. Noisy renovation works are not allowed to be carried out on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.

Your renovation contractor is allowed to use not more than two HDB approved hand-held power tools or their equivalent at any one time to demolish walls and/or removal of wall/ floor finishes. Such works must be completed within three consecutive days. The list of approved tools is available at HDB InfoWEB at www.hdb.gov.sg.

All the renovation works must be completed within one month for existing blocks and four months for new blocks from the date of the renovation permit. Upon the completion of renovation works, please remember to inform HDB Branch Office concerned immediately. In addition, you should also avoid carrying out noisy Do-It-Yourself (DIY) household installations during early hours or late at night so as not to cause disturbance to your neighbours.