Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Vanity Drawers By Han Fong Aluminium Pte Ltd

Hi Soichiro,

Your room looks beautiful! :good:

But if u were to go for aluminium, u might want to match your window frames which seems to have a tinge of buttery yellow??

I think the aluminium contractors could powder coat the door frames with a similar colour (that's if they have the colour). But the verdict is that, powder coating don't seemed to last. Any scratches or abrasions would leave that part permanently bare without the powder coating. I'm sure u wouldn't want that!

Or even recommend that you go for the brownish bronze type of aluminium - the type where u still see them being used in some coffee shop's toilets...

Or tell u what, have u ever considered simply installing your own shelvings? leaving them exposed? i.e. without any mini doors to hide your personal effects.

It can look nice too. Would u consider wallnut coloured or white colour shelves from IKEA & DIY for installation? U need not install them all in one neat row; it's up to your creativity :)

I bought quite a number of IKEA shelves & installed them below my stove (those "obiang" ceramic type contructed by HDB). But not waterproof - should be strong enough to hold onto your books.

And u could even put your photos or even some cute little toys or knick-knacks on those shelving.

Yes, if u didn't mind an exposed shelving concept, then, maybe u could consider IKEA's DIY shelving? Cheap & great option - of course, not waterproof.

Edited by edenstrauss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey there, thanks for your suggestions!

I did consider having open shelves as well, it lets the room look a little bigger too. But has the issue of dust that will collect easily so kinda prefer closing up. Another option would be glass sliding doors which take less space as well. But I'm the clumsy type, scared kick the glass and pechak! lol

My windows are aluminium la, the buttery yellow is just light bouncing off the yellow wall. :P

Oh I see :)

Glass sliding doors - what colours would u be looking at? Black? I've seen many different makes of it in the aluminium market. But if u were to go for black, it'll look very "dark" below the windows. And better to get tempered type for safety!

Hey how about those mirrored type of doors? That's if u do not have any issues e.g. sleeping in this room.

I think it'll look pretty if u get those tinted mirrored type of sliding doors! How's that? I see them in show rooms all the time, it looks really pretty! classy too! And if u change the colour scheme for your room in the near future, those tinted mirrored sliding doors will still look gorgeous, a plus added to your designer style room :D

But I think it's sure to cost you more...

Edited by edenstrauss

Oh actually I was just thinking of clear glass. Can see the books at a glance mah.

Unlikely to do dark tinted glass coz all my rooms are very bright. hehe. Will discuss with my prime minister and see how~~ :P

Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it :)

Just to add a photograph of the camera-shy installer - managed to white-out his face before uploading :P

manualwork.jpg

He is very humble, patient and experienced in his role as an installer.

What surprised us was how he could simply look at the hollow gap between the aluminium framework & the wall, then pick up the aluminium bar and start sawing off the right length on the spot!

Never seen anything like that until we engaged Han Fong Aluminium's services.

Edited by edenstrauss

Your aluminum sliding doors for the recessed area looks good!

Hi meemee,

thanks for complimenting those sliding doors... We've not removed the plastic protective film on the panels yet. Otherwise, they'll look alot better, like the turqoise glass cabinet from IKEA's 'RUBRIK' kitchen series of cabinet doors :) High gloss & shine, with reflection...

I've PM-ed u their contacts as requested. Best wishes! :)

Edited by edenstrauss

img0210dg.jpg

This is a photo of vanity drawers done in a similar fashion under the kitchen stove. The plastic protective film has already been removed so u could see the reflective surface of the PVC panels really clearly.

It is done by another contractor earlier on but he is unable to "hide" those ugly black rubber strips on the inside of the sliding doors.

So I would highly recommend that those ugly black rubber strips be concealed on the reverse side of the sliding doors for a "cleaner" look.

Once we've installed our IKEA kitchen concepts, we will be reversing both doors becox those black rubbers spoiled the appearance of those already "obiang" stove. haiz...

Edited by edenstrauss

Disclaimer:

Permission has been sought from Han Fong Aluminium for their installation works at my home to be featured in this thread.

Kindly note that this thread is strictly for the purpose of sharing my humble & objective views of works and services provided by the aforesaid company. And not an advertising platform.

Reader's discretion is therefore sought when viewing this thread.

In view of issues pertaining to every individual's privacy, facial identities are witheld from the photographs featured in this thread.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi folks,

I've made a reference to Han Fong Aluminium in one of my other threads on Yontat doors & had been informed by a renotalk member that Han Fong needs one month to fulfill orders.

http://www.renotalk....ndpost&p=673365

For the benefit of those whose still interested in engaging Han Fong Aluminium to fabricate Aluminium fixtures, I've spoken to the boss' wife, Mrs Kang & she has confirmed that orders were overwhelming in view of condo & bungalow projects.

As such, for those who require urgent installation, I'm sorry that you guys would have to look elsewhere even though Han Fong Aluminium still welcomes new orders from any home owners.

best regards to all & hv a great weekend!

:dancingqueen:

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi Edenstrauss,

Looking at your picture of the view outside your windows, I will be your new neighbour soon, we have the same view from my living room and bedroom 2 :) My resale completion is on 16 Nov 2011. The seller had installed wooden cabinets in the recess underneath the windows for living and all rooms, they are not in good condition and you can see some rotten parts probably because of the weather and wear and tear.

May I know beside your living room and balcony, did you install the aluminium doors under the windows in your master bedroom? I am demolishing the storeroom so I would need to create storage area for my barangs barangs such as the big luggages. Those recess underneath the windows in bedroom 2 and 3 I will use IKEA shelvings to create open shelves for books etc.

The windows in all bedrooms are sliding, I like bright rooms so I am thinking of changing all 3 rooms sliding windows to casement windows with top open. My ID is coordinating all the other works, he said I could engage my own aluminium contractor because it is cheaper. Do you know for an estimate, if I get the contractor to change the windows, can they retain the original window grilles that are already in this house? I thought for a $50K COV I am paying for this house, I am already hacking off everything, I just want to retain some stuff to save cost :) and windows is the only ones I am keeping.

Edited by teddyjac

Hi teddyjac,

I'm not sure about the costs becox I'm not affliated to han fong aluminium. there isn't a flat rate / fixed price becox pricing is quoted based on measurements.

U can be staying in the same block as another neighbour with the same layout. however, there might jux be variations in measurements. that might mean a different quotation from the same contractor.

best wishes to ur new home!

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi all,

I have started a new blog website & most of my topics which are started on renotalk forum would be "migrated" over there in due course.

For those who are interested in reading on, kindly visit my newly created blogging website, The Treasure Cove of Barbette at:

http://barbettey.blogspot.com/

Thank You!

Edited by edenstrauss