Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maria

Need Advice - Philips Downlight

Can I check where did you buy your philips down light from? Thank you!

lightings.com.sg is sole distributor. Other shops selling this also get it from them.

They have a few branches, can check their webbie for details

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i buy my downlights frm this guy in eunos called nicholas...friendly and gd service provided...though nt philips bt so i have use a few months no problem...charge me less than 430 for one PLC downlight...

i buy my downlights frm this guy in eunos called nicholas...friendly and gd service provided...though nt philips bt so i have use a few months no problem...charge me less than 430 for one PLC downlight...

less than $430 for one PLC downlight ?

<!--quoteo(post=629502:date=Apr 14 2011, 10:13 PM:name=frizzyball)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frizzyball @ Apr 14 2011, 10:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=629502"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can I check where did you buy your philips down light from? Thank you!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lightings.com.sg is sole distributor. Other shops selling this also get it from them.

They have a few branches, can check their webbie for details

Hi Soichiro,

I am thinking to install non ballast downlight (energy saving light) but heard that it blow off easily (within 6 months)due to heat, do you face any problem (bulb blow off easily) with Philips downlight?

i recently bought some philips FBG305 downlights from a shop..RRP is $45 (even lightings.com.sg) but i got it for $43..

not much..but when you buy quite a few of it..it turns out to be a tidy sum of money..

PM me if you want to know the shop location..not sure if i can share it here..

i recently bought some philips FBG305 downlights from a shop..RRP is $45 (even lightings.com.sg) but i got it for $43..

not much..but when you buy quite a few of it..it turns out to be a tidy sum of money..

Hi,

i'm interested, kindly PM to share the contact. Thanks! :)

Why must buy philips brand?they are over price, you can get similar wattage at less than this price

Why must buy philips brand?they are over price, you can get similar wattage at less than this price

well bro...i also did my fair share of legwork walking down jalan besar from 10am to 5pm i day...walking into nearly every lighting shop..looking at all their downlights section (cos it will form the bulk of my light purchases)...and what i saw was quite disappointing to say the least..

those cheaper downlights just didnt feel as good..the finishing..the quality...right down to the wires...plastic light holders..sharp edges on the glass...

granted that philips is not cheap..but i find that the build quality is good..

just like why people buy Louis Vuitton or Gucci handbags..it serves the same purpose..but it just looks & feels better...

find it weird that you used wattage as a comparison though...

peace.

Thinking long term, they are more energy saving and less heat remittance. Normal downlight is cheap at buying, long term wise, not as cost saving as philips. Unless, you can find me one downlight that is as bright as philips, quality as good with QA, and as energy saving as that. Then i will consider that option.

I was advised by the sales staff at lightings. com.sg that one Philips FBG304 downlight (E27, 1xGenie 14W) is as bright as a 2x13W PLC downlight. Is this true?

Actually the key point of this downlight is the fact that you just need to unscrew the 2 screws (refer to picture provided by TS) when changing bulbs.

That is an epic change already because you DO NOT need to use any other tools to pluck out the faceplate. the traditional downlights need to use something to "giao" the faceplate out, risk damaging your false ceiling. :bangwall: especially when u cannot control your force well.