Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dodo lee

Question On Moving To New Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Anyone knows what to do for first time moving to new home?

Apply Sing Power/ Gas etc

Apply home broadband, phone line, MIO/Starhub

Change of address (Banks, Insurance, credit cards etc)

Arrange movers

Thats all i can think of at the moment as i am also planning my move in the next 4 weeks :D

U can do a search for relevant threads here on this section of the RT forum.

This question has been raised on several ocassions.

I didn't think that it's necessary to do anything until u decided to renovate - u need to select a good date for "breaking grounds" from the chinese almanac. That's if u believe in it.

Hi,

Anyone knows what to do for first time moving to new home?

On chinese tradition;

Pick a good date from calendar or FSM to pray 4 corner. Following is what i did last time. Don't ask me why i just follow what i was told to do.

- Better if the house is emptied of furniture

- Buy 5 oranges , 5 apple, 1 pineapple, bundle of joss stick & candle, Tabun incense with burner. some cans/container for joss stick

- Place the fruits, 3 joss stick & 2 candle in the center of your living room.

- For the 4 corner of your living room, place 3 joss stick and 2 candle.

- Close all the window.

- Lit up the Tabun incense and put it in the burner. Fume every inch/corner of your house with the Tabun Fume. (Good for chasing away insects/pest)

- Make sure the candle fire is blown off.

- Leave the fruits offering in the house. Leave the house and lock it. Choose a good date to come back to your new home (at least 3 days after praying 4 corner)

1st thing you do when go back

- Open all the window. Clear the fruits offering and candles. Do some cleaning up. Thats it.

• Like 2

On chinese tradition;

Pick a good date from calendar or FSM to pray 4 corner. Following is what i did last time. Don't ask me why i just follow what i was told to do.

- Better if the house is emptied of furniture

- Buy 5 oranges , 5 apple, 1 pineapple, bundle of joss stick & candle, Tabun incense with burner. some cans/container for joss stick

- Place the fruits, 3 joss stick & 2 candle in the center of your living room.

- For the 4 corner of your living room, place 3 joss stick and 2 candle.

- Close all the window.

- Lit up the Tabun incense and put it in the burner. Fume every inch/corner of your house with the Tabun Fume. (Good for chasing away insects/pest)

- Make sure the candle fire is blown off.

- Leave the fruits offering in the house. Leave the house and lock it. Choose a good date to come back to your new home (at least 3 days after praying 4 corner)

1st thing you do when go back

- Open all the window. Clear the fruits offering and candles. Do some cleaning up. Thats it.

Thks all for the replies.

Before the actual day of doing the ritual perform a full white sage cleansing to purify the space. This is to remove any remaining bad Qi or energy from the previous owner, developer or during the Reno. Must use premium white sage. I got from sacredsagesg.

Don't miss this coz you will never know what has really happened previously

Before the actual day of doing the ritual perform a full white sage cleansing to purify the space. This is to remove any remaining bad Qi or energy from the previous owner, developer or during the Reno. Must use premium white sage. I got from sacredsagesg.

Don't miss this coz you will never know what has really happened previously

how much is it?

On Muslim "tradition",

We say "Bismillah hir-Rahman nir-Rahim (In The Name Of ALLAH,the Most Gracious,the Most Merciful), before entering/moving in the house.

From what I heard from one of my relatives who got scolded because she went to scatter salt when her house is actually very "huat". So must check with masters or ask god (tang ki) if need to do any of that. If not huat become un-huat :blink: 

You can pick a good date and pray in Chinese tradition. 

Apply your SP services & Broadband.

Changes address for your bank account.

Have a nice day!