Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ugoh

Tempered Glass Gas Hobs - Pros And Cons?

my sis bought a real cheapo brand (not sure which but the hood n hob cost less than 500 bucks)

She used her glass hob for 3 yrs without any problems.. but of course common sense has to be applied here- no dropping of heavy items onto the glass, dont put the metal ring tat our grandmas use as wind shield- that will heat up the glass too, and dont attempt to boil soups for 5 hours- slow cookers are created for that purpose. All else I think glass hobs are pretty safe then..

that's quite a good buy!

i agree with what you said on glass hobs. my aunt has been using a glass hob for years and nothing has happened. and yes, slow cookers are created for a reason. my mum also changed to a glass hob from turbo not so long ago as it was recommended by my aunt as it's easy to clean up after cooking. so she's quite happy using the glass hob just that she has to pay attention to what can and cannot be cooked on the hob.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yeap.. i agree.. And my hb always say, there is no lousy product.. Its just that how to take care of it and use it. Even for products that is under top notch brand, abusing it or misuse it will also break it. So, i think its true. My hb is in hardware line, his family business is selling those hardware like drills, drills bits etc. So he told me, even some customers bought top notch brand drills cost few k.. Just bought drills in the morning. and came back in the afternoon, claiming that the drill bits broke. Those drill bits are used to drill in metal.

And they realized that it is actually misuse of drill from the workers.

ya. no lousy products but it's the way we handle it.

i'm planning to change to a glass hob for my place. especially when i dont cook much and also since my family has been using the turbo one i'll probably change to the brand itself. i heard alot about other brands but at the end of the day i think it would be best to get one that i have used before as i'm more used to using it.

Visited the Hupfarri showroom couple of days ago. Quite like the Rinnai tempered glass hob. There's lifetime warranty for the glass top. Looks nice and maintenance looks relatively easy. The model is unique in that of the burners is set aside from the other 2 to accomodate the bigger space needed by a wok. This allows all the burners to be used simultaneously.

Hi Zero453,

i am interested in getting glass hob and a hood.

currently no special preference on the brand. you have any good lobang can share?

thanks. :)

oh and thanks Zero for the rinnai hob lobang. Its a pity u didnt give me a more competitive price for the hood.. spoke to ur grand the day when I collected the hob, she said she was actually able to match the price I got from the other shop, and she had stock in the shop! Regretted, cos i paid deposit for the hood already but i had to wait 2 weeks for the stock to arrive :(

No prob px22.

Look for us again next time if u need some stuffs,see if we can match what others can give.

Hi Zero453,

i am interested in getting glass hob and a hood.

currently no special preference on the brand. you have any good lobang can share?

thanks. :)

Hi yilinx,

What about you let me know your budget? Let me work ard it and recommand you something to suit you?

You can either pm me or sms me at 9.2.2.5.6.6.3.8

Thanks

Hi,

I need to ask for opinions here. I would like to get a rinnai glass hob and oven. But my kitchen is super small. I have no choice but to install oven under the glass hob if I still want an oven. Is it a highly risky choice?

I am keen to get a tempered glass hob for my kitchen (Rinnai 3CG). But worried that there may be problems of condensation under the hob. Anybody using glass hobs have this problem? All feedback on use of glass hobs appreciated.

Thanks.

Rinnai RB-3CG and RB-2CG are using Schott Ceran glass top panel since a few years ago, if no good they long ago already pull it off the market. If you go around looking for hobs, a lot of them are using Schott Ceran glass top panel. When cooking the glass top panel can get very hot, any water condensation below the hob gets evaporated almost instantly.

hi ugoh,

Rinnai 3CG is one of the lastest technology in japan. further more, the product itself is directly manufactured from japan. all the glass hob comes with lifetime warranty for the glass itself.

hope this would help.

if you are looking for one, u can pm me, i can get u one at a competitive price.

cheers

jerome

hi,

i'm interested on rinnai 2cg or 3cg.

can PM me the price? thank you.

i feel compelled to share something that happened to my Fujioh glass hob just now.

was steaming dumplings with 1.5L of water when the whole thing shattered. Quite disappointed as we do not cook heavily (working couple mostly dapaos). Hob bought in Jul 2014 under the impression that Fujioh is a renowned brand.

Long story short, was a few minutes into steaming when there was a pop sound and the whole thing shattered. A quick search online reveals other brands suffer same fate (Whirlpool, electrolux)

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/electrolux-recalls-glass-gas-cooker-hobs

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/glass-top-gas-stove-shatters-in-pasir-ris-flat

https://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/cracked-glass-hob.2764/

some photos for your reference

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-14 at 6.48.17 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-14 at 6.48.17 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-14 at 6.48.17 PM.jpeg