Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
axe_camphor

Total Revamp Of A 5rm Resale

Just to check if the following quote is ok for my 5rm Resale (121sqm).

Demolition Works

Supply labour to hack off existing ceramic floor tiles for living, dining, balcony and 4 bedrooms ($1,460)

Supply labour to remove existing copper poping and wiring for whole house ($200)

Supply labour to remove existing kitchen cabinet and wall hung cabinet at kitchen ($350)

Supply labour to hack off existing flooring and wall tiles for kitchen ($650)

Supply labour to hack off existing wall tiles for main balcony ($280)

Supply labour to hack off existing flooring and wall tile for master toilet ($450)

Supply labour to hack off existing flooring and wall tile for common toilet ($450)

Supply labour to hack off existing concrete sin and stove support ($80)

Supply labour to remove WC and accessories at master bath ($40)

Supply labour to remove WC and accessories at common bath ($40)

Subtotal : $4,000

Masonry Works

Supply labour and material to construct a path of wall using 63mm hollow block for 1 bedroom ($850)

Supply labour and material to lay (600x600)mm Homogenous flooring for living, dining, balcony, 4 bedrooms with skirting ($6,800)

Supply labour and material to lay Ceramic wall tiles for main balcony ($950)

Supply labour and material to lay Homogenous flooring at kitchen ($850)

Supply labour and material to lay Ceramic wall tiles at a path of parapet height wall for both side ($550)

Supply labour and material to lay Ceramic wall tiles at kitchen ($1,850)

Supply labour and material to lay Homogenous flooring for master toilet ($550)

Supply labour and material to lay Ceramic wall tiles for master toilet ($1,200)

Supply labour and material to lay Homogenous flooring for common toilet ($550)

Supply labour and material to lay Ceramic wall tiles for common toilet ($1,100)

Apply waterproofing membrane for master and common bath and kitchen ($450)

Supply labour and material to construct a path of wall parapet height using 63mm hollow block at sink area ($380)

Supply labour and material to install 1no rubbish chute cover ($180)

Supply labour and material to construct 50mm height L-shape kistchen cabinet base ($200)

Supply labour and material to construct 50mm washing machine base ($80)

Supply labour and material to contruct 50mm fridge base ($100)

Supply labour and material to construct 4 nos of wooden door frame ($480)

Subtotal : $17,140

Plumbing Works

Supply and install standard S/S piping for the whole house ($750)

Supply and install inlet/outlet for sink and washing machine ($100)

Supply and install hot and cold piping work for common and master toilet shower area ($120)

Supply labour to install 1 sink, 2 toilet bowls, basin, mixer taps, water heater and toilet accessories ($650)

Subtotal : $1,620

Doors, Aluminium and Glass Work

Supply and install aluminium bi-fold door for common toilet ($180)

Supply and install aluminium casement and sliding window in (NA colour) for whole house ($2,850)

Supply and install aluminium grilles (NA colour) for whole house ($1,100)

Supply and install 1 no aluminium sliding foor c/w tempered glass at kitchen entrance ($780)

Supply and install 5 nos designer wooden door ($1,420)

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered glass fixed panel at master toilet ($280)

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered glass swing door at master toilet shower area ($330)

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered glass between cabinet area ($1,250)

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered frosted glass swing door at master toilet entrance ($380)

Re-vanished existing wooden main door ($180)

Subtotal : $8,750

Plastering / False Ceiling works

Supply labour and material to construct L-box for living and dining area ($950)

Supply labour and material to construct false ceiling for main entrance ($280)

Supply labour and material to construct false ceiling C/W center panel for master bedroom ($780)

Supply labour and material to construct false ceiling for outside store room ($150)

Supply labour and material to construct false ceiling for master toilet ($230)

Supply labour and material to box up master toilet drainage pipe ($180)

Supply labour and material to plaster whole house ($2,200)

Supply labour and material to construct parapet height wall at bedroom 3 ($350)

Subtotal : $5,120

Carpentry Works

Design and fabricate L1050mm full height shoe rack near entrance in laminate finishing C/W swing door ($950)

Design and fabricate L-Shaped post system full height walk-in wardrobe in PVC laminate finishing include

internal shelving and drawers for master bedroom ($1,850)

Design and fabricate L37ft top and bottom built-in kitchen cabinet in laminate finishing c/w swing door and frosted glass panel ($4,280)

Design and fabricate 1 no wooden sliding door C/W mirror in front at walk-in wardrobe entrance ($760)

Design and fabricate L2300mm full height wooden partition wall **** area ($850)

Design and fabricate 1 no wall hung basin cabinet C/W mirror and solid surface top ($880)

Supply and install anti slam accessories for kitchen cabinet for low portion only ($320)

Subtotal : $9,890

Painting Works

Whole unit painting including pipes ICI/Nippon (5 colours) ($1,460)

Subtotal : $1,460

Miscellaneous

Chemical wash for whole house ($280)

General haulage and disposal of debris for the premise ($650)

Supply labour and materials to install solid surface top for kitchen cabinet (S1,550)

Supply labour and material to install wrought iron gate ($380)

Rewiring works and lighting installation for whole house ($2,850)

Seal up store room rolver with plaster board ($80)

Subtotal : $5,790

Grand Total : $53,770 :o

Comment are welcome.....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Demolition Works

Supply labour to hack off existing ceramic floor tiles for living, dining, balcony and 4 bedrooms ($1,460)

Supply labour to remove existing copper poping and wiring for whole house ($200)

Supply labour to remove existing kitchen cabinet and wall hung cabinet at kitchen ($350)

Supply labour to hack off existing flooring and wall tile for master toilet ($450)

Supply labour to hack off existing flooring and wall tile for common toilet ($450)

Since going to hack both toilet, why your contractor still charging you for removing the accessories?Subtotal : $4,000

Masonry Works

Supply labour and material to construct a path of wall using 63mm hollow block for 1 bedroom ($850)

Supply labour and material to lay (600x600)mm Homogenous flooring for living, dining, balcony, 4 bedrooms with skirting ($6,800)

Supply labour and material to lay Ceramic wall tiles at a path of parapet height wall for both side ($550)

Make sure it's listed down the price of tiles availble. $3.50 psf??

Supply labour and material to construct a path of wall parapet height using 63mm hollow block at sink area ($380)

Supply labour and material to construct 50mm height L-shape kistchen cabinet base ($200)

Why is there $20 difference..most contractors quote the same pricing for both, usually $80 bucks..However, i go away with the construction of the 2 motar kerbs, as it's no longer practical for such kerbs.

Plumbing Works

Supply and install hot and cold piping work for common and master toilet shower area ($120)

Supply labour to install 1 sink, 2 toilet bowls, basin, mixer taps, water heater and toilet accessories ($650)

Make sure they list down what are the accessories that they will help you to install.

Supply and install aluminium casement and sliding window in (NA colour) for whole house ($2,850)

Supply and install 1 no aluminium sliding foor c/w tempered glass at kitchen entrance ($780)

What designer door? Who's the designer? The cost of a 'Natuk' door costs around $200. Ask your contractor which country and who is the designer for the door?

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered glass fixed panel at master toilet ($280)

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered glass swing door at master toilet shower area ($330)

Supply and install 10mm thick tempered frosted glass swing door at master toilet entrance ($380)

Make sure the dimension of the glass is listed down. However, i think it's a little bit expensive? Ask if they can show you demostration of 'Tempered' glass?

What they use to re-vanish? Gold flakes? Super expensive lor...

Give dimension. I don't think it's this expensive. My contractor can give me L box for free, and yours cost almost 1k??

Supply labour and material to construct false ceiling C/W center panel for master bedroom ($780)

Supply labour and material to construct false ceiling for outside store room ($150)

I suggest not to plaster up the pipes...cos if next time got leakage, you can't see and it will spoil your plaster also.

Make sure they show you the 'water' level at every single corner. Any place not level, immediately ask them to level.

Carpentry Works

Design and fabricate L1050mm full height shoe rack near entrance in laminate finishing C/W swing door ($950)

Provide dimension, number of shleves, types of laminates available to choose from.

Design and fabricate L-Shaped post system full height walk-in wardrobe in PVC laminate finishing include

Provide dimension, type of post system used, brand etc..Plus the different layout of your wiw. Remember, the brand very impt.

Design and fabricate L37ft top and bottom built-in kitchen cabinet in laminate finishing c/w swing door and frosted glass panel ($4,280)

All your requirement for drawer size, opening direction etc must all be listed down. Solid top not included?

Design and fabricate 1 no wooden sliding door C/W mirror in front at walk-in wardrobe entrance ($760)

My wardrobe mirror only costs $80. Shouldn't the door for your wiw comes together with the 2nd item in carpentary? Already charge you close to 2k, now asking another $700 ++

Design and fabricate 1 no wall hung basin cabinet C/W mirror and solid surface top ($880)

You not buying those off-shelf wall hung basin? Ask for type of solid surface top used.

Supply and install anti slam accessories for kitchen cabinet for low portion only ($320)

Wah he really carrot you. 1 Blum anti slam device only costs $6 if you purchase directly from them. somemore he quote only lower cabinet? How about your other drawers in shoe cabinet, wardrobe etc?

Painting Works

5 colours got include white? Make sure it's written down the type of paint that can be used, eg 'wash n wear'.

Got include painting of door frame, grill gate, pipings in toilet??

Miscellaneous

Make sure you are present to witness the wash.

Crazy, HDB haulage only $200.It was mention somewhwere in the forum on this item. Make sure they throw everything.

Supply labour and materials to install solid surface top for kitchen cabinet (S1,550)

Break down the cost psf. Solid top or granite? My granite kitchen top costs $90 psf with install

Make sure you can choose design and colour...I got mine for free from my contractor.

Make sure it's listed down the number of powerpoints, light switch, power box, aircon transformer that is provided in the package. Make sure they change the wiring and the housing as well. You have a say in where and how the re-wiring will be allocated.

Comment are welcome.....

My comments. Please don't be offended if i sound nasty...

Hi 4180, you seems very knowledgeable. Can I check with you what is average market price for rewiring 4rm flat electrical points and what are the things should be included and number of items for each? Btw, you did mention about granite top with 90 per foot run ...what about about solid top LG Hi-Mac? What should be the average price for this? Thanks!

Emobebe

Demolition Works

I think shouldn't be charged since you gonna hack away. Not making sense to me.

Masonry Works

Price psf for each tile very important. Please verify with your ID / Contractor

I thought the price should be the same usually. Not sure why your fridge base is cost higher than your washing machine. Anyway, should state 'with tile finish ' unless you just wanna do cement on top of it.

Plumbing Works

Supply and install aluminium grilles (NA colour) for whole house ($1,100) What is NA colour??

Supply and install 5 nos designer wooden door ($1,420) Which type? Hollow, Semi Hollow or solid??

All the glass should have the dimension if possible

Some ID quoted but some don't but I still scratch my head now cos I don't think it should be charged. Not a very complicated task. By the way, I was quoted one of the ID S$55. Not sure why yours so expensive - maybe your wooden main door bigger than mine...LOL

Carpentry Works

I think should indicate what type of laminates can be chosen and also the solid surface top got a lot of different brand. So not sure what yours and the price should be indicated time the length of it.

Painting Works

Should indicate what category of ICI/Nippon paints can be chosen at the end of the day.

Miscellaneous

I am still wondering about this charges. Read a few threads from forumers here said some no charge, some have charge and some charge very expensive. Btw, I do read up about the hdb guideline. So, Hdb said depends on the Town Council. So, went to read about Town Council end up said each area is different. So, you can call up your Town Council to check. One of my contractor ID quoted $250 fyi.

Comment are welcome.....

That is the best info that I can provide for you rite now. By the way, I think you should get a few quotes to compare. Good luck!

Edited by emobebe

Your comments are not nasty, just some of them are incorrect only. Maybe because u are just a house owner so some of the things or how its work you had not come across to. If providing the correct information, its will help the rest, but if to provide misleading information, this may cause the initial trust that the house owner and the ID/contractor built up to become suspicious and many unwanted doubts. Don't be offended on my comment on yours.

Demolition Works

Since going to hack both toilet, why your contractor still charging you for removing the accessories?

It can be charged at and can also not be charged at. This depend on the individual ID/contractor. WC, basin, accessories are basically manual dismantle, not like wall or floor tiles that they use a hacking tools to hack. It need to dismantle the water piping and with so many t-blog ard here, did we come across the WC in 1 pc(maybe the base is damaged) or the WC is in many broken pc?

Masonry Works

Make sure it's listed down the price of tiles availble. $3.50 psf??

Why is there $20 difference..most contractors quote the same pricing for both, usually $80 bucks..However, i go away with the construction of the 2 motar kerbs, as it's no longer practical for such kerbs.

Fridge is bigger than washing machine, so there is different. If to put it at the same price, will the house owner ask why the washing machine base is smaller and u charge it as the same price for the fridge? Isn't this very tricky? :P

Plumbing Works

Make sure they list down what are the accessories that they will help you to install.

How many toilet accessories can there be, mirror, toilet paper holder, bidet spray, toilet hooks, etc...u supply them the items, they install them and is as simply as that.

What designer door? Who's the designer? The cost of a 'Natuk' door costs around $200. Ask your contractor which country and who is the designer for the door?

I think what the contractor mean is designed wooden door which is veneer door. I think u also referring for a Nyatoh door. Yes, it cost $200, u going to self-collect, install and vanish/paint yourself?

Make sure the dimension of the glass is listed down. However, i think it's a little bit expensive? Ask if they can show you demostration of 'Tempered' glass?

Some are very standard items, eg. if the entrance of the doorway is H7ft x L3ft, don't think anyone will do H6.5ft x L2.5ft right? Some based on floor plan and didn't take actual dimension or some take measurement but all these are not totally necessary if not it will be like at the house for 4hrs just to take the whole house measurement which a lot of the house owners do not have the keys of the unit or they just arrange with the seller for the convenient. And some asked 2 or more ID/contractor to take the measurement on that day itself so a lot of things need to do it fast fast.

Also like to ask, how to show demonstration of 'Tempered' glass?I'm really curious about it. :P

Maybe because there are a lot scratches need to sand off, but maybe only.

Give dimension. I don't think it's this expensive. My contractor can give me L box for free, and yours cost almost 1k??

Yes, your contractor can give u for free but does it mean that there are other items he/she is charging u more?

I suggest not to plaster up the pipes...cos if next time got leakage, you can't see and it will spoil your plaster also.

I believe this is very individual, some really don't like to see piping and they willing to take the risk.

Make sure they show you the 'water' level at every single corner. Any place not level, immediately ask them to level.

Plastering only mean making the walls more smooth but doesn't mean to make it level, pls don't be mistaken. If anyone able to plaster the walls smooth, straight and level, pls let me know, cos I will sure engage him. Human are doing the plastering, not machine. If really want it to be level, I don't think it will be that cost already, much higher than that.

Carpentry Works

Provide dimension, number of shleves, types of laminates available to choose from.

Provide dimension, type of post system used, brand etc..Plus the different layout of your wiw. Remember, the brand very impt.

All your requirement for drawer size, opening direction etc must all be listed down. Solid top not included?

My wardrobe mirror only costs $80. Shouldn't the door for your wiw comes together with the 2nd item in carpentary? Already charge you close to 2k, now asking another $700 ++

Come on, it already is WIW, so this mirror door is at another location rather than with the wardrobe itself so is another cost. And btw, your contractor charge $80 for your wardrobe mirror, isn't this suppose to be free? :P

You not buying those off-shelf wall hung basin? Ask for type of solid surface top used.

Wah he really carrot you. 1 Blum anti slam device only costs $6 if you purchase directly from them. somemore he quote only lower cabinet? How about your other drawers in shoe cabinet, wardrobe etc?

Errr....which country u buy the Blum anti slam device from...$6? 1 cabinet door need 2 Blum hinges + 1 Blumotion( which is the soft close device, so total cost ard $10 include GST. If u can get it at $6 for the set, can u get them for the forumers if they ask, cos it really cheap. If your contractor charge u $6 for just the device only, then u r the one being carrot lor :P

Painting Works

5 colours got include white? Make sure it's written down the type of paint that can be used, eg 'wash n wear'.

Got include painting of door frame, grill gate, pipings in toilet??

Ya, better list down the type of paint used. As for the door frame, piping, etc...some do charge, some do included. If asking Nippon to paint, they charge individual items.

Miscellaneous

Make sure you are present to witness the wash.

If I was u, I rather not to be, cos the smell really can't take it.

Crazy, HDB haulage only $200.It was mention somewhwere in the forum on this item. Make sure they throw everything.

HDB don't do haulage

Break down the cost psf. Solid top or granite? My granite kitchen top costs $90 psf with install

Maybe u can list also your country of granite, thickness, any front profile and backsplash, etc...

Make sure you can choose design and colour...I got mine for free from my contractor.

$380 for a wrought iron gate, most likely is not galvanize. Maybe can ask for a galvanize gate, it cost more but it won't rust as fast as a normal wrought iron gate.

Make sure it's listed down the number of powerpoints, light switch, power box, aircon transformer that is provided in the package. Make sure they change the wiring and the housing as well. You have a say in where and how the re-wiring will be allocated.

Every house owner have a say in where and how the rewiring will be allocated.

Grand Total : $53,770 ohmy.gif

Comment are welcome.....

My comments are that the price are reasonable and if you click with the ID/contractor and he/she is trustworthy, maybe u can consider using him/her. Paying a bit more doesn't mean that the contractor/ID is out to 'carrot' u, cos, services provided, workmanship, quality of work, design, etc...all this cant really be able to compare. There always a saying "Cheap doesn't mean good and good don't come cheap" but of course some may came across the opposite of that saying and that's why we have this forum here to help one another. :yamseng:

Happy renovating.

Edited by jaskel

4180... number came up in today 4D consolation...1840 hehe..

BTW thanks for the feedback 4180 and Emobebe, i will discuss with the contract again. Anyway this contractor provided the most competitive quote amongst the 6 IDs/Contractor i have engaged for quotation. Some quote sky high pricing around 65k. And after going through so many rounds of discussion with them, can roughly gauge that a total overhaul will be around 50k-60k for my house. I felt comfortable with this one as he had almost 20yrs of experience in this industry, and the electrical work will be done by a certified electrical company owned by his brother. I did manage to bargain an overall discount after realizing he is one of my client's friend.

I am planning to take some photos tomorrow to share with you guys the condition it is now, the unit had been tenanted out for 2-3yrs, its 3 units above my parent place and my son's primary school is less than a stone throw away, no need to cross any road.

Initially i was thinking to do the project management myself, but after many brainstorming and discussion with family, i decided to let a PM handle rather than myself. Its not as simple as i initially thought so, a lot of coordination and planning, still got to handle daily work.

I will update again soon.

Thanks

Hi 4180, you seems very knowledgeable. Can I check with you what is average market price for rewiring 4rm flat electrical points and what are the things should be included and number of items for each? Btw, you did mention about granite top with 90 per foot run ...what about about solid top LG Hi-Mac? What should be the average price for this? Thanks!

Emobebe

Hi all,

I think Jaskel got the valid points too. Btw, Jaskel you are a contractor ID rite? I got few questions since we are in this same topic on quotation...

1) What is the average market price to do a rewiring for a 4 rm flat? What are the things included?

2) The clearing debris and haulage services - what is the average charges? How do they charge?

Cheers:) Emobebe

Demolition Works

Masonry Works

Plumbing Works

Carpentry Works

Painting Works

Miscellaneous

Comment are welcome.....

Hi Axe-camphor ,

do you wanted to try my ID , he is currently doing my flat at tampines for 45K .

Everything in the house has to go as that flat has been for more than 20 yrs. Including

sewage piping , all window and window grille , all doors , carpentry etc ... And he always

do what he promise. I'm very comfortable with him. If you want his contact pls PM me.

Hi all,

I think Jaskel got the valid points too. Btw, Jaskel you are a contractor ID rite? I got few questions since we are in this same topic on quotation...

1) What is the average market price to do a rewiring for a 4 rm flat? What are the things included?

Average price for a 4rm is ard $3K but mostly is depend on the amt of electrical points. The following is just a rough guide on the individual pricing. Some do charge a bit higher +- 10%.

New lighting point $25 each

Looping point for downlight $20 each

New Fan point $30 each

New LED point $25 each

New Double powerpoint $50 each

New Single powerpoint $45 each

New SCV point $90 each

New Tel. point $50 each

Hood point $80 each

Oven point $80 each

Air-con isolator point $100 each

Cat 6 data point $100 each

Heater point $80 each

Labour to install fan $35 each

Labour to install lighting fixture $10 each

Labour to install hanging light $35 each

2way point $40 each

Please do not use this and tell your ID/contractor that other giving these price and want them to follow cos who going to coordinate the works? As least let them earn a bit for helping to coordinate the job for you so that u can go earn big bucks. :D

2) The clearing debris and haulage services - what is the average charges? How do they charge?

Haulage meaning transportation of material from point A to point B, that normally is referring to tiles, sand, cement, etc...from downstairs to your unit. All this require labour. So this depend on the amount of material needed to transport up and amount of debris needed to transport down.

Debris charges are depend on the amt of trips needed to transport all the debris to the locate designation to disposal. And basically the centre do charge a fee for disposal, that why this in turn become the owners cost.

Average charges, sorry really can't answer you regards on this as stated above, depend. Less, less cost, more, more cost. Eg, BTO unit, mostly already come with tile so some are free, some charge on disposal of others material such as false ceiling left over material, protection paper, etc....

Hi Jaskel,

Thanks for your explanation. I think I have a better picture now. I won't be squeezing my contractor ID. Anyway, haven't appoint anyone yet.... I was puzzling earlier on cos one of my friend said she was being charged $850!!!! and she has the same criteria as mine ~~ 4 rm flat, same area, renovation items more and less same...

One more question if you don't mind, how about the average cost for tic tac door (with feature wall/laminate finish)?

Hi Francis,

Thanks, i think our pricing is about there. There are few things which were not mentioned inside the quote like, shifting of the master bedroom door location, top cover above the sliding glass door for kitchen entrance, partial elevated common toilet area..etc.

And yes, got him to agree to have the soft closing systems for all the cabinets including the shoe cabinets :P Thanks to 4180 and emobabe...haha.

Need to check with the expert here, seem like many brand of pole systems cabinet had been discussed, able to advise which one got a more "Solid" feel?

Thanks again for brothers and sisters for your valuable advises.

Hi Axe-camphor ,

do you wanted to try my ID , he is currently doing my flat at tampines for 45K .

Everything in the house has to go as that flat has been for more than 20 yrs. Including

sewage piping , all window and window grille , all doors , carpentry etc ... And he always

do what he promise. I'm very comfortable with him. If you want his contact pls PM me.

Hi guys,

Finally completed the reply to your comment.

Since going to hack both toilet, why your contractor still charging you for removing the accessories?

It can be charged at and can also not be charged at. This depend on the individual ID/contractor. WC, basin, accessories are basically manual dismantle, not like wall or floor tiles that they use a hacking tools to hack. It need to dismantle the water piping and with so many t-blog ard here, did we come across the WC in 1 pc(maybe the base is damaged) or the WC is in many broken pc?

- This one he said because I wanted a detail breakdown on all the items, he can put FOC but add the cost somewhere, but he rather list the estimated cost down for better understanding.

Fridge is bigger than washing machine, so there is different. If to put it at the same price, will the house owner ask why the washing machine base is smaller and u charge it as the same price for the fridge? Isn't this very tricky?

- I was thinking of doing without the base as well, however after much consideration, we might need to wash the floor quite frequently due to 2 young monsters at home, whose table manners are not there yet and also my creative wife who like to bake stuffs and sprinkle flour everywhere… etc. The based will be tiled, and yes the fridge on is slightly bigger.

How many toilet accessories can there be, mirror, toilet paper holder, bidet spray, toilet hooks, etc...u supply them the items, they install them and is as simply as that.

- Stuff like Towel hanging bar, S/S holder for Shampoo, shower gel, conditioner.. etc. S/S wall mount holder for tooth brush, shaver, hair gel…etc. A little shelves for books and magazine…. And those standard thing like toilet paper holder…etc. haha.. quite a bit hor.

I think what the contractor mean is designed wooden door which is veneer door. I think u also referring for a Nyatoh door. Yes, it cost $200, u going to self-collect, install and vanish/paint yourself?

- Yes, it’s a Designed wooden veneer door including the handle lock.

Some are very standard items, eg. if the entrance of the doorway is H7ft x L3ft, don't think anyone will do H6.5ft x L2.5ft right? Some based on floor plan and didn't take actual dimension or some take measurement but all these are not totally necessary if not it will be like at the house for 4hrs just to take the whole house measurement which a lot of the house owners do not have the keys of the unit or they just arrange with the seller for the convenient. And some asked 2 or more ID/contractor to take the measurement on that day itself so a lot of things need to do it fast fast.

Also like to ask, how to show demonstration of 'Tempered' glass?I'm really curious about it.

- the dimension of the entrance is L5ft x H7ft, one side will be fixed and the other side sliding. The top of the door will be filled up by board and plaster over. Thinkness of glass is 10mm, Tempered glass as in heat treated… it supposed to be for safety purpose, once shattered will not have big panels that cut ppl easily.

Maybe because there are a lot scratches need to sand off, but maybe only.

- The aluminium gate is spoilt and I believed they had resorted to force open the gate and at the same time left obvious scratches on the main door. As it cost many times more to change the main door, we had chosen the cheaper option to re-vanished it. But it still seems too expensive after hearing fellow bros and sis comments here.

Yes, your contractor can give u for free but does it mean that there are other items he/she is charging u more?

- My living and dining is separated by a beam in between, thus will have 2 square L-box in 2 location, I will be putting cove lighting thus it requires an extension of 3inches for mounting of LED strips. I think the extra cost is for the construction of this extension, otherwise the cost of L-Box should be cheaper I supposed.

I believe this is very individual, some really don't like to see piping and they willing to take the risk.

- I have accessed the likelihood for future repaired in case of leakage, and decided to take on the risk. Reason is the box up is only L110cm x H70cm x D30cm using calcium silicate, quite small thus the cost of repair should not be very high. Touch wood, hope it will not happen…hehe.

Plastering only mean making the walls more smooth but doesn't mean to make it level, pls don't be mistaken. If anyone able to plaster the walls smooth, straight and level, pls let me know, cos I will sure engage him. Human are doing the plastering, not machine. If really want it to be level, I don't think it will be that cost already, much higher than that.

- For this I have checked with several plasters and ceiling guy, the charges vary from $2,200 to $3,500. As the previous owner had sprayed rock stones finished for the whole unit, walls, ceilings for the whole bloody house, that’s why the total area is quite a lot compared to just plastering the walls alone. “Sigh”… initially I thought of asking them to sand away, as plastering will make my house smaller in term of cubic volumne.. hahaha. But all of them said impossible to sand. Left with no choice.

Come on, it already is WIW, so this mirror door is at another location rather than with the wardrobe itself so is another cost. And btw, your contractor charge $80 for your wardrobe mirror, isn't this suppose to be free?

- This is a bit tricky, as the entrance to the wiw will be constructed using partition board, the wooden sliding door with mirror will be quite heavy, therefore they need to construct an addition wooden frame in order to support this wooden door. We have thought of using aluminium door but it will not hold the full height mirror. Not sure what is the market price as this look like a customised requirement, thus we are ok with the price here.

Errr....which country u buy the Blum anti slam device from...$6? 1 cabinet door need 2 Blum hinges + 1 Blumotion( which is the soft close device, so total cost ard $10 include GST. If u can get it at $6 for the set, can u get them for the forumers if they ask, cos it really cheap. If your contractor charge u $6 for just the device only, then u r the one being carrot lor

- This one already settled with the contractor, all cabinets will be installed with this soft closing systems including the shoes cabinets, thanks for bro and sis here for the comments earlier.

Maybe u can list also your country of granite, thickness, any front profile and backsplash, etc...

- The length is around 15ft, with backsplash 3 to 5 inches (yet to confirm as need to know some of the accessories we getting). Negotiating with him to use Korea solid top… will update again.

$380 for a wrought iron gate, most likely is not galvanize. Maybe can ask for a galvanize gate, it cost more but it won't rust as fast as a normal wrought iron gate.

- This one will request a galvanise gate, thanks to Jaskel. And definitely will choose the design and colour ourselves thanks 4180 for reminding.

Every house owner have a say in where and how the rewiring will be allocated.

- Below is roughly the breakdown:

Rewiring for whole house

16 x Double power points

6 x Single power points

2 x Aircon points

4 x SVC

16 x looping points

9 x new lighting points

5 x LED points

2 x Phones

1 x Water Heater

1 x Hood Point

1 x Oven

1 x 2 way points for heater

3 x remote controlled lighting

Roughly like that, might increase a few more but not decided yet.

Hi Axe,

Where is your place? By the way, when are you going to start your reno?

Wish you have a smooth reno journey soon!!!

Hi Emobebe,

Jurong West, renovation confirmed today with the contractor, demolition will begin this coming Thursday. And hope it is silky smooth. :bow:

Thanks Emobebe. :yamseng:

Hi Axe,

Where is your place? By the way, when are you going to start your reno?

Wish you have a smooth reno journey soon!!!

Finally learn how to post photos... hope it works.

Balcony - going to hack away the floor and wall tiles, change grilles but keep the sliding doors, need some repairs on the tracks and lock of the sliding door. Initially thought of changing the whole sliding door and move it outward by 1ft in order to have a bigger living area. But installing a good bi-fold balcony doors is expensive. So scrap the idea.

IMG_0654.jpg

View of Dining, living and the far end is bedroom 3, my son's bedroom. going to erect the wall back. View from kitchen entrance.

IMG_0653.jpg

Master Bedroom - going to hack away the mirrored wardrobes....

IMG_0652.jpg

Concrete Stove support and sink support - Hack Hack

IMG_0649.jpg

Kitchen Cabinets - Note the wooden tops. Everything goes including wall and floor tiles - Hack Hack

IMG_0648.jpg

cont....