Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

My Little 2+1 Process Begins....

wow, this is good to know! you still posting at this time...early in the morning...anyway, thanks I got your reply. :)

Me still working this hour... zz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:o:bangwall: :bangwall:

Hmmm..........cardboard can sell for $$ so is the can tin......I do know that painters do like to pour 2-3 cans of the same paint together so that they able to paint faster as they use bigger roller. But some dishonest one will also mix the paint with cheaper paint or water and then discard the cans immediately. I did fired one of my painters before when I found out that he try to con me by doing this so that able to pocket a few hundreds more. Too bad for him cos he didn't know that for every house, before or during the painting work, I'll do a check on all the paint and whether the amount is correct not.

As for your case, yes the colour do will vary a little bit from the catalog but from chalk white to apple green is a bit too out. I can't said your painter is dishonest or trying to cheat u as I'm not there if not I'll be like framing him. Ask your painter to take a new can and paint it on another wall to see the different. This is the best way to verify. If it turn out to be 2 different colours, I do like to hear his side of explanation. Another things to take toke if the existing paintwork of the wall is green, then the 1st 2 coats may turn out a bit greenish too, but after a few more coatings, it will be the colour close to the catalog.

yeah i understand what you mean...just that the irony is pouring into big tin then froom big tin transfer into small tin and bring to room to paint..?? abit duh..and honestly..i look and sound like a kid..... :furious: i hope thats not a factor why the stories..coz the paint would hv arrived on the day itself (as i was there in the evening the day before) and as per his saying poured out and taken away immediately...early in the morning (which i believe they can always take the can away after his work which makes more sense..why the hurry to tk the can away..right afterall he uses the 5 litres tin to go to the room to paint..don't see why the conflicting words vs actions)........the whole thing sounds crappy to me.......paiseh not apple green is apple white..coz the reflectin of the light is to totally greenish and it is those that wont shine somemore...machiam dying colour medicine colour..duno how to describe it..it sucks.......not warm at all......so sickly the feeling! :bangwall: :bangwall: abit like ghostly house when i open the door..my other colours all browns or neutrals..so the contrasts of colours looks super OFF ..which is a point i make note before picking colours......to prevent such a thing from happening..i even skipped cotton white to get a more yellowish base to match my beige and natural cane...... though i did get my contractor to clarify ( he checked and revert to me saying that it is a base coat..so it will not be this colour..and i asked so i will see the tin of original paints in the house am i right? though i know its easy for them to get empty chalk white paint tin cans...but its just a tiny 1000sq ft...so why cheat me........and i don't know what to ask for as evidence....its **** tiring rushing up during lunch time to check and flying back to office..as i have a bad feeling and was told to check on the paintwork from my ID's sub-con..apprently..not the first time..) but now that you've provided me the option of "take a new can and paint it on another wall to see the different" hmm good i'll go get that to verify if i feel the colour is still salah. :yamseng: :yamseng: seems like painter is always the more ambiguous part for reno yeah... :o

by the way besides odourless premium paint any other type of economical paint has this odourless effect? Cause the painter did let me smell the matex and my so call odourless chalk white in the big tin...and indeed its diff ...(he did it to convince me that he didnt mix the paint type...but of coz this doesnt prove that he didnt use leftover odourless paint from another house to paint my place though......

i would say Jaskel is really a good ID :good: :good: You're like treating each project as your own place man! :rolleyes: and mine is contractor..cause I'm running to do all the checks myself...I"m more liek a part-time ID for my place.... :D :D duno to laugh or to cry...i name all the stuffs i buy and sort them out in diff piles with labels..even the switches.. i go check and sort them in little boxes of whats for kitchen, living, passage way so that it makes work easily and more error-free for the eletcricians...even for kitchen hob, hood, and oven and sink...i went print out model specs and the dimension specs from the website directly and put it nicely for the carpenter so that he will have a more 'accurate' measurements and hahaha i think my carpenter kinda 'touched' duno want to laugh at this young lady or appreciate her efforts.....don';t think any home owner will do what i do....i just want a peaceful and smooth-sailing reno process and just trying to do what i think i can help loh.......tiring but in this way i learn alot :yamseng:

Edited by sng28

Me has been sick since two days back...woken up at odd timing...sighs...

Btw, when is our gathering? Sorrie, I really a bit blur liao. :(

sibei cham eh so late still working..but i tk it as a good sign more business right! :yamseng::D :D :D

:o:bangwall: :bangwall:

yeah i understand what you mean...just that the irony is pouring into big tin then froom big tin transfer into small tin and bring to room to paint..?? abit duh..and honestly..i look and sound like a kid..... :furious: i hope thats not a factor why the stories..coz the paint would hv arrived on the day itself (as i was there in the evening the day before) and as per his saying poured out and taken away immediately...early in the morning (which i believe they can always take the can away after his work which makes more sense..why the hurry to tk the can away..right afterall he uses the 5 litres tin to go to the room to paint..don't see why the conflicting words vs actions)........the whole thing sounds crappy to me.......paiseh not apple green is apple white..coz the reflectin of the light is to totally greenish and it is those that wont shine somemore...machiam dying colour medicine colour..duno how to describe it..it sucks.......not warm at all......so sickly the feeling! :bangwall: :bangwall: abit like ghostly house when i open the door..my other colours all browns or neutrals..so the contrasts of colours looks super OFF ..which is a point i make note before picking colours......to prevent such a thing from happening..i even skipped cotton white to get a more yellowish base to match my beige and natural cane...... though i did get my contractor to clarify ( he checked and revert to me saying that it is a base coat..so it will not be this colour..and i asked so i will see the tin of original paints in the house am i right? though i know its easy for them to get empty chalk white paint tin cans...but its just a tiny 1000sq ft...so why cheat me........and i don't know what to ask for as evidence....its **** tiring rushing up during lunch time to check and flying back to office..as i have a bad feeling and was told to check on the paintwork from my ID's sub-con..apprently..not the first time..) but now that you've provided me the option of "take a new can and paint it on another wall to see the different" hmm good i'll go get that to verify if i feel the colour is still salah. :yamseng: :yamseng: seems like painter is always the more ambiguous part for reno yeah... :o

by the way besides odourless premium paint any other type of economical paint has this odourless effect? Cause the painter did let me smell the matex and my so call odourless chalk white in the big tin...and indeed its diff ...(he did it to convince me that he didnt mix the paint type...but of coz this doesnt prove that he didnt use leftover odourless paint from another house to paint my place though......

i would say Jaskel is really a good ID :good: :good: You're like treating each project as your own place man! :rolleyes: and mine is contractor..cause I'm running to do all the checks myself...I"m more liek a part-time ID for my place.... :D :D duno to laugh or to cry...i name all the stuffs i buy and sort them out in diff piles with labels..even the switches.. i go check and sort them in little boxes of whats for kitchen, living, passage way so that it makes work easily and more error-free for the eletcricians...even for kitchen hob, hood, and oven and sink...i went print out model specs and the dimension specs from the website directly and put it nicely for the carpenter so that he will have a more 'accurate' measurements and hahaha i think my carpenter kinda 'touched' duno want to laugh at this young lady or appreciate her efforts.....don';t think any home owner will do what i do....i just want a peaceful and smooth-sailing reno process and just trying to do what i think i can help loh.......tiring but in this way i learn alot :yamseng:

hi sng28, i guess i would be like you one day...paste here and there...but i think it is normal for us cos we know nothing and we wanna prevent miscom....:)

It was because house owner didn't know anything that's why engaging us to do the job. If everything also house owner do then they don't need us at all.

Don't over stress yourself too much Sis.

my MBR aircon has these stains below...but servicing wasnt called in and the painter has painted over it already...a little concern that this stains may be signs of major leak and i see no point of not doing everything 1 time if its really serious then this is the best time (not in financial aspect of cox biggrin.gif )...any bros and sis has any experience out there or find these stains familiar...perhaps can enlighten me if this is a sign of sth big coming or its just a simple touching up required to prevent such stains leaked from the air-con...

aircon3.jpg

aircon1.jpg

aircon.jpg

Edited by sng28

Me has been sick since two days back...woken up at odd timing...sighs...

Btw, when is our gathering? Sorrie, I really a bit blur liao. :(

hi emobebe how's your working schedule like? office hours or ? which part of west are you at?? Is north east area more conveninent for you? Perhaps can meet near jaskel's area since we are troubling him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: by the way have your reno started..you seems very eng..leh compared to me..ah ku machiam aged another 5 years for this reno... :D :D really can feel the shagness imprinted on my face and skin...... :jawdrop:

Edited by sng28

It was because house owner didn't know anything that's why engaging us to do the job. If everything also house owner do then they don't need us at all.

yeah bro i realised i better save up more for the next time..next reno need get someone like you...i believed alot of ppl agree with me...your knowledge and service **** impressive :good: and by then its time to pamper myself loh.....learn alot this time but once a lifetime experience enough liao........ :rolleyes::bow:

You are right! Should give to expert to do. Then we can focus on our own work. :) I guess that will be more efficient for all parties...:)

hi emobebe how's your working schedule like? office hours or ? which part of west are you at?? Is north east area more conveninent for you? Perhaps can meet near jaskel's area since we are troubling him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: by the way have your reno started..you seems very eng..leh compared to me..ah ku machiam aged another 5 years for this reno... :D :D really can feel the shagness imprinted on my face and skin...... :jawdrop:

I was sick on and off for a week liao...I guess due to heaty...i am a housewife... occasionally will take up some part time job to do so that y the timing all cannot confirm...but a few things can confirm now.

Wesak day > I can't make it >> In law request to pray at the temple so i guess whole day will be gone after that.

22nd May > Final inspection on site. Seller haven't let me know the timing...sighs.

23rd May > I need to meet my lawyer again to settle some stuff.

25th May > Bro coming to sg. I need to pick him up from airport...

We still can meet Jaskel at his place or his area. Jaskel, don't worry about the transportation... Singapore is a small island. All are linked up with MRT and bus. I also can ask my husband to send me over.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Edited by emobebe

yeah bro i realised i better save up more for the next time..next reno need get someone like you...i believed alot of ppl agree with me...your knowledge and service **** impressive :good: and by then its time to pamper myself loh.....learn alot this time but once a lifetime experience enough liao........ :rolleyes::bow:

in fact, my husband and me feel that we should buy in a move in condition unit next time if we were to buy again. why is it so? we learnt that some minor hiccup may occurs although we never encountered in our first flat transaction. our transaction was so so so smooth. not sure because right now our good minister did a very good job to protect seller's every right...LOL second is that, searching a good ID / Contractor is not easy. we are so lucky to know Jaskel cos he is willing to share his experience and give us his professional advise which i believe most of the bosses won't do that. :)

dear jaskel sorry but another question on paintworks...my house wall has been re-painted 2 times already due to wrong colour and now need to repaint..wont it be too thick and starts cracking? usually for wrong colour what are the normal procedures? do one repaint white then repaint the colour which the owner wants OR do one 'sand' away the wrong colour ? or its like neither and just repaint over the wrong colour with many coats to get the final 'right' colour? :unsure:

I was sick on and off for a week liao...I guess due to heaty...i am a housewife... occasionally will take up some part time job to do so that y the timing all cannot confirm...but a few things can confirm now.

Wesak day > I can't make it >> In law request to pray at the temple so i guess whole day will be gone after that.

22nd May > Final inspection on site. Seller haven't let me know the timing...sighs.

23rd May > I need to meet my lawyer again to settle some stuff.

25th May > Bro coming to sg. I need to pick him up from airport...

We still can meet Jaskel at his place or his area. Jaskel, don't worry about the transportation... Singapore is a small island. All are linked up with MRT and bus. I also can ask my husband to send me over.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Compasspoint Starbucks. Presently 26th and 28th my schedule is full.

dear jaskel sorry but another question on paintworks...my house wall has been re-painted 2 times already due to wrong colour and now need to repaint..wont it be too thick and starts cracking? usually for wrong colour what are the normal procedures? do one repaint white then repaint the colour which the owner wants OR do one 'sand' away the wrong colour ? or its like neither and just repaint over the wrong colour with many coats to get the final 'right' colour? :unsure:

Normally will use a base coat(which is white) to paint over then follow by the correct paint.