Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pasiris

Planter Area Landscaping

Hi all,

Anyone out there with 'planter' space as opposed to proper balcony?

My condo developments has planter space instead of balcony. I don't intend to plant plants in the area, so the most common sense thing to do is to lay some decking over so that it can become some form of balcony.

I am also thiking of making a small fish pond of sorts for part of the planter space but I am afriad the area is not meant to withstand the weight of the pond.

Anyone has any ideas for:

1. Type of wood for decking? (Heard Plam Wood or Iron Wood are better than Chengal)

2. Ideas of doing up a small pond/water feature

3. Cost for the above please?

thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Anyone out there with 'planter' space as opposed to proper balcony?

My condo developments has planter space instead of balcony. I don't intend to plant plants in the area, so the most common sense thing to do is to lay some decking over so that it can become some form of balcony.

I am also thiking of making a small fish pond of sorts for part of the planter space but I am afriad the area is not meant to withstand the weight of the pond.

Anyone has any ideas for:

1. Type of wood for decking? (Heard Plam Wood or Iron Wood are better than Chengal)

2. Ideas of doing up a small pond/water feature

3. Cost for the above please?

thanks!

Er, not too sure how large is your planter box space. Is the planter box located at chest level or ground level (at your feet)? This would also determine what would be practical for the space.

Would skip the wood decking for maintenance reasons and if there is any problem with water seepage in the future - you'll need to remove all your decking.

About having a small pond / water feature, you can check out my post here, but there's a bit of work involved, and I think you would have condo guidelines on what the planter box can or cannot be used for. You'll also need to set up a simple filter system (not those huge aquarium fish tank types).

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38171

Hi all

I would like to state a very unpleasant encounter with a decking company called evorich

I engage them to do iron wood decking for my planter. the quote is $17.40+GST/sqf

everything seems okay until 3 days before installation.

I received a call from an indian installer,asked to store the woods first,then install 2days later.

I was not told in advance and call this guy K whom obviously is the liaison person. this k knows nuts about this

arrangment.Never mind.

Come the installation day. Here is the most funny remarks I ever (probably you guys too) heard.

The installer never came. So i called K. K said :" sorry my guys missing la, i also dont know where they are"

I dont know whether to laugh or what, it's simply unimaginable!

Called his boss Alex, this Alex play taichi ,said will sms me his boss number. nothing , also went MIA.

LAter part of the day around 4 they came worked until 7pm,I have to compromise their timing!

After that the next day another horrific event.

The worksmanship is so poor that I simply cannot accept it! (night time cannot see clearly).

a)The woods are uneven.

b) the nails that was manually punch in did not went in properly. I got a bit of cut on my foot.

normally wood decking use electric nail puncher.they did not.

c) they did not even bother to paint the wood first hand.

Call this another guy call N, said will look it, after that also went MIA.

I am left with the unfinished good, full of poor worksmanship and defects. :(

I am stating the truth, nothing but the truth, if i ever fasify any facts above , may i burn in ****.

For all forummers who wish to engage them, just be careful.

Any one can teach me how to uplaod pics? I want to upload pics for you to view how this evorich did the job.

Thier website is evorich.com.sg

wish me luck guys:( by the way I will start my T-blog soon probably tomorrow (today too angry liao) as

"Simei DBSS: my abode".

thanks for your time.

so blue_skies I think it's better to grow trees/plants. I am having nightmare with this Evorich

finally able to upload pics of the lousy and unsafe worksmanship by this company called Evorich (evorich.com.sg)

this company always advertised in this forum

Just take a look at the way they did to my planter.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h349/megaking_72/photo2.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h349/megaking_72/photo.jpg

Until now no news from them.