Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xduckx

Seeking Help On Reno Contractors And Id- Advice Needed

Hi guys,

I need some assistance for my reno process..

I'm getting my keys soon and would like to start my reno asap.. Me and my wife know what we want and we've drawn up our own plans already and ideas for what to hack and where to place the cupboards. Shes quite into it and has even gotten down the measurements quite zhun zhun in our floorplan.

Now is the question to start our reno process.

1) Should I go straight to a CON now and skip the ID? My idea is i want to save $ on getting the ID cause we know what we want already so don't really need the extra services

2) What is the rough cost difference between hiring a main con yourself vs. having an ID and him doing it all for you? % difference would do thx!

2) Can anyone recommend a contractor in this case as im sourcing for quotes now.

Thanks!!

cheers

Duckzz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey guys,

im looking for good quality and reasonable cons for my reno process.. could any recommend?

also is an ID really that important? as i already know what i want (have some architecture background) so i kinda m my own ID (:

Pls hope you guys can help... im looking to start my reno within the next 2 mths

cheers

duck

ID and Contractor same lah! Since you know what you want, find the correct price is most important regardless from ID or Contractor. End of the day $$$ matters!

i beg to differ slightly.

it depends on what kind of contractor you are getting.

if he is a carpentry carpenter..he is not going to bother about your wiring stuff. vice versa.

however, an ID will have to oversee everything in the renovation process, including the carpentry, tiling, wiring, painting etc etc.

so its like getting a manager for the renovation. anything you look for him.

correct me if im wrong..just like architect and engineer. the architect designs and consults the engineer for the feasibility on the load capacity and everything else..the engineer builds it. the architect will just go look see look see once in a while to make sure it turns out like what he designs.

just my 2 cents.

hi, i just completed my reno n i chose Love Home Interior.. the ctc person was Mr MY Lim.. i was in such a tight budget constraint cos paying my reno in cash n not taking loans as dont want to be tied down..

even tho he has disability, yet he put so much effort n helped me out alot!!.. i didnt hv to think about what to choose n left it all to him to design, coordinate n complete the whole works.. it took 3 weeks to complete n in fact going into 2 weeks it was already much done.. do email me at nov30gal@yahoo.com.sg if u wan his ctc..

seriously hv no regrets choosing him as my id/contractor.. some id dont even want to take up jobs costing less than 30k but guess what?? i had it all done by him wif less than 22k!!.. just tell him wat u wan, ur budget n he works it out n discuss it.. there wasn't any hidden cost at the end of the day..

Hi guys,

I need some assistance for my reno process..

I'm getting my keys soon and would like to start my reno asap.. Me and my wife know what we want and we've drawn up our own plans already and ideas for what to hack and where to place the cupboards. Shes quite into it and has even gotten down the measurements quite zhun zhun in our floorplan.

Now is the question to start our reno process.

1) Should I go straight to a CON now and skip the ID? My idea is i want to save $ on getting the ID cause we know what we want already so don't really need the extra services

2) What is the rough cost difference between hiring a main con yourself vs. having an ID and him doing it all for you? % difference would do thx!

2) Can anyone recommend a contractor in this case as im sourcing for quotes now.

Thanks!!

cheers

Duckzz

think you should get a project manager,just like what i did, mine is mainly carpentry works, but i have help in co-ordinating electrical, painting, aircon works. really leave it to them. of cos , getting a good quotation is impt.

think you should get a project manager,just like what i did, mine is mainly carpentry works, but i have help in co-ordinating electrical, painting, aircon works. really leave it to them. of cos , getting a good quotation is impt.

project manager? from?