Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ykeng

$$ Psf For Homogeneous Tiles

Hi,

I would be able to choose Homogenous tiles (600 X 600) up to $3.2 psf.

Just to check, for this price psf, am I getting average or below average tiles?

Not too sure about the market rate.

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The question you should ask is if u select tiles lower then the allowable value($3.2), will the ID/Contractor return you the difference.

I always ask ID/Contractor to use $2.5 psf as a reference when quoting and indicate how big is the area. So if u choose a higher value tile during selection, u know exactly how much to top up.

Hi,

Thanks

The question you should ask is if u select tiles lower then the allowable value($3.2), will the ID/Contractor return you the difference.

I always ask ID/Contractor to use $2.5 psf as a reference when quoting and indicate how big is the area. So if u choose a higher value tile during selection, u know exactly how much to top up.

Thanks. I really didnt thought about that.

Great inputs there. Thanks....shall ask him the next time i met him.

Hi,

Thanks

Because the tiles you are using is 600x600. For $3.20 u will have more choice. My ID did let me choose more than the $$$/SFT for some of my tiles at different area. If u'r looking at $2.50 tiles i think u will have a hard time looking for tiles. I went hafary last sat & i notice that the range of 600x600 tiles start frm ard maybe like $2.60. And those tiles i prefer is ard $2.90-$3.20. Lets say if ur living area is 400sft & u choose a $3.40/SFT tiles , u will hv to top up $80.00.

Because the tiles you are using is 600x600. For $3.20 u will have more choice. My ID did let me choose more than the $$$/SFT for some of my tiles at different area. If u'r looking at $2.50 tiles i think u will have a hard time looking for tiles. I went hafary last sat & i notice that the range of 600x600 tiles start frm ard maybe like $2.60. And those tiles i prefer is ard $2.90-$3.20. Lets say if ur living area is 400sft & u choose a $3.40/SFT tiles , u will hv to top up $80.00.

thanks alot. its great to know that range quoted for my case is reasonably comfortable.

Hi there

Do you mean we are able to get refund if we use cheaper tiles? Say contractor quote that we could use $3/psf tile but most of the tiles are only like $2.60 especially for toliets and kitchen. Then for the living area, we could use the $3.20 600X600 homogenous tiles. But hubby was attracted to the 800X800 homo at $4.20/psf and contractor said in total we have to top up $2/psf ($1 for the tile and $1 for the labour).

I have read somewhere that usually is just top up for tiles and no such top up for labour. Have asked my contractor and she insisted that the labour is actually more expensive than the tile. =(

Any similar experience?

That's why i always ask them to quote me the cheapest available tiles, cos at the end of day during tiles selection, i knew i'm going to choose tiles value more than being quote. Besides, when u signed the contract there is no turning back and also nothing stated on the contract about refund. I remember choosing tiles @ 4.2 psf. Highest was 11 psf but that's only less than 15 pieces.

For refund, u need to talk to your contractor.

For the workmanship, at my time, my contractor did not charge extra even with bigger tiles use. I think the cost is 3 psf for laying tiles. Your contractor want to makan u?

Hi there

Do you mean we are able to get refund if we use cheaper tiles? Say contractor quote that we could use $3/psf tile but most of the tiles are only like $2.60 especially for toliets and kitchen. Then for the living area, we could use the $3.20 600X600 homogenous tiles. But hubby was attracted to the 800X800 homo at $4.20/psf and contractor said in total we have to top up $2/psf ($1 for the tile and $1 for the labour).

I have read somewhere that usually is just top up for tiles and no such top up for labour. Have asked my contractor and she insisted that the labour is actually more expensive than the tile. =(

Any similar experience?

Hi there

Any similar experience?

800x800 homo tiles did your contractor advised u on using this tiles the risk involve?

What's the usual psf cost for labour/cement/everything else excluding the cost of the tile? Is it about $3-4psf as read above in one of the threads?

800x800 homo tiles did your contractor advised u on using this tiles the risk involve?

What are risks of using 800 x 800 ?? Care to share pls?

Edited by ugene512

What are risks of using 800 x 800 ?? Care to share pls?

some say that with 800x800, harder chance for the tile to be laid flat... Dunno how true it this. I think it boils down to skill more than the size of the tile actually.