Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syukur

Tough Stain On Flooring

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 08/07/2015 at 7:53 AM, TedDibiase said:

Sounds like a mutant growth :jawdrop:

Actually these types of stubborn stain problems are not uncommon actually

• Like 9

On 20/01/2016 at 7:09 AM, CairoKing said:

I think should be, most resale flats usually have this issues, its very common

I think you are right, i do notice that about resale flats, hmmm

• Like 8

On 7/25/2016 at 7:18 AM, BenBernanke said:

I think you are right, i do notice that about resale flats, hmmm

Actually it also depends on the different kinds of tiles as well like for example homogeneous tiles tend to get dirty more easily

• Like 3

Are you still considering the tile replacements though? if you are, maybe you'd be interested in Viewgres Tiles? Few things you may like to know about Viewgres Tiles:

1. low maintenance. Its a non-porous material that don't need much polishing, sealing, or waxing. It only needs basic cleaning.

2. Highly durable. Yes, its a highly durable material, with Mohs hardness of grade 7. It's a heavy-duty tile made to last!

3. Available in many styles. It can be made to look like marble, granite, wood, slate, etc. You won't be disappointed by its style.

Want to know more? Continue reading here to find out more about Viewgres Tiles: https://www.stoneamperor.com.sg/5-solid-advantages-of-viewgres-porcelain-tiles/

Hope someone will find it useful. 

Mine is a resale and previous occupant placed mats in the common bathroom that traps water. Guess they don't clean often, so when the water evaporates, it leaves behind limescale.

I have tried different stuff (on & off) on this issue for the past 9 years; vinegar, baking soda, bleach, HCL. They probably work for some stains but not those in my bathroom. Recently work is slower and decided to give it another go. If don't work, may renovate it.

Recent tries was HG Professional limescale remover and acid that removes cement. I think the HG brand is probably more suitable for taps, sinks, bathtubs. It did nothing to my stains. The acid works great on the grout lines but not on the tiles.

Since the chemicals don't work, I decide to go back and try more primitive methods.... SANDPAPER. Had some leftover fine grit sandpaper (1200cw) from past projects and give it a go on the tiles. The sandpaper I use is waterproof and I cut them into thumb/finger size. Wet them and start sanding on the stains. Need to replace with new sandpaper frequently . Use a damp cloth to wipe off the stains that came off.

I am quite happy with the results; pictures attach.

1_Before.JPG

2_Trial.JPG

3_After.JPG

4_After.JPG

Edited by w7_lee