Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I have bought a landed property recently & plan to rebuild it to a 2.5 storey house.

But after searching and asking round, I found that many a architect and builders has quote the prices and fee on a higher side than i expected.(ok, i expected an increase in price, but a 60% increase within 6 months? seem kind of ridiculous.)

I am thinking that may be we will have more negotiating strength in numbers. Anyone interested? it will also cut down a lot of sourcing time. We can share information as well as negotiate for better price.

I am thinking of getting an architect to do the drawing, find a demolition company to do the demolition (if cheaper this way), find a builder to build the basic structure (of which the tiles etc. will be supply to them).

this way, we can help each other - building price as well as on look out for cheap tiles (during warehouse sales), negotiate on tiles prices etc.

P.S. if you have strong negotiating talent, I really need your help! :bow:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have bought a landed property recently & plan to rebuild it to a 2.5 storey house.

But after searching and asking round, I found that many a architect and builders has quote the prices and fee on a higher side than i expected.(ok, i expected an increase in price, but a 60% increase within 6 months? seem kind of ridiculous.)

I am thinking that may be we will have more negotiating strength in numbers. Anyone interested? it will also cut down a lot of sourcing time. We can share information as well as negotiate for better price.

I am thinking of getting an architect to do the drawing, find a demolition company to do the demolition (if cheaper this way), find a builder to build the basic structure (of which the tiles etc. will be supply to them).

this way, we can help each other - building price as well as on look out for cheap tiles (during warehouse sales), negotiate on tiles prices etc.

P.S. if you have strong negotiating talent, I really need your help! :bow:

You need to brace yourself with the amount of work involved if you want to tear it out piece part like that. Building process takes a long time and it can be very tough to project manage this. Can be done if you have industry knowledge of construction and a lot of time.