Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
velen

Discolouration On Stainless Steel

Hi Everyone...

Do you have this problem of having stains or discolouration on ur stainless steel or copper pipings? also on those bathroom accessories and windows...anything to get rid of them??

Thanks in advance....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Everyone...

Do you have this problem of having stains or discolouration on ur stainless steel or copper pipings? also on those bathroom accessories and windows...anything to get rid of them??

Thanks in advance....

wah, what you have mentioned are all of different materials....

stainless steel pipes

copper pipes

toilet accessories (usually chrome)

windows (aluminum? with white powder coated?)

since the materials are all different, treatment to them are all different....

1) Stainless steel pipes

Think I have mentioned in many other threads... you may see some faint brownish stains on stainless steel... you need to do chemical pickling to get rid of them. for myself, someone that's not good with hands-on, i won't do it myself cos this requires the use of strong acid. just leave it cos it's not rusting or something, it's just an aesthetic thing ;)

2) Copper pipes

usually copper pipes are painted rite? so even if it oxidizes you can't see............... :P

3) Toilet accessories, taps etc... Chrome plated surfaces. Use water and sponge to clean, some mild cleaner will help. but don't use strong cleaner or abrasive type of cleaner (e.g. magic cleaning sponge, cif) cos this will cause the chrome surface to wear out.

4) Windows - please provide more info before anyone can advice further ;)

hope this helps~ :)

Hmm..my pipes seems like tiok water during the chemical wash b4 the handover...so all 1 patch 1 patch of the water like tat...but i try wiping with water or even jif oso hard to get it off...those accessories in toilets still ok...can wipe...but window is the 1 most troublesome...when wiping its wet it looks fine...once it drys up the patches come back..tml i try to get some photos in for better illustration~~~

Thanks for replying!