Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
west

Queenstown 4 Rm Resale

Hi west,

Glad that you have completed your reno and loving your new place!

Guess what, im actually staying at blk 51 but Im currently renovating my new place at ghim moh...Im going to miss Queenstown!

Its certainly a great location with great convenience. Minutes away from Orchard, Harboufrt, Shenton way etc etc...you no need a car here..

Im sure you are going to enjoy Queenstown as much as i do...cheerios!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow ur toilet looks so nice! I wanted to do tat oso but then my husb is e one who feels no privacy he dun like.. LOL.. But anyway with a kid, it's not so 'convenient' oso.. Lol

Ur collection is awesome leh! I love e display cabinet that u haf! I was still wondering y there's no 'like' button on RT.. Can't 'like' the post/photo.. Lol

bedroom door view

as0012.jpg

toilet view

as0008.jpg

inside the toilet

as0004.jpg

as0005.jpg

shiok!!

as0002.jpg

Edited by jo'en

Hi west,

Glad that you have completed your reno and loving your new place!

Guess what, im actually staying at blk 51 but Im currently renovating my new place at ghim moh...Im going to miss Queenstown!

Its certainly a great location with great convenience. Minutes away from Orchard, Harboufrt, Shenton way etc etc...you no need a car here..

Im sure you are going to enjoy Queenstown as much as i do...cheerios!

I grew up here and have missed this place when i got married and shifted to jurong... am glad to move back here again after 7 yrs :)

you are right, you can't complain about the location, we paid quite an amount for this resale flat but no regrets...

anyway, Ghim Moh is still considered very near to town :) walking distance to holland V?

Wow ur toilet looks so nice! I wanted to do tat oso but then my husb is e one who feels no privacy he dun like.. LOL.. But anyway with a kid, it's not so 'convenient' oso.. Lol

Ur collection is awesome leh! I love e display cabinet that u haf! I was still wondering y there's no 'like' button on RT.. Can't 'like' the post/photo.. Lol

Thanks!

I guess it is about getting your husband to get used to it.

we have a kid as well, but he is still small, when he gets older, i think we need to close the main door next time :D

Haa.. My ger's 2yrs old now.. Tink somehow there'd be a way to 'work out' using this design.. Lol.. But haf to see e layout of e hse oso.. Hehe..

Thanks!

I guess it is about getting your husband to get used to it.

we have a kid as well, but he is still small, when he gets older, i think we need to close the main door next time :D

Woah.. ur house is very nice! :) love ur ceiling. And especially ur view is spectacular.. I can only see my next block neighbour if I looked out my house..

Edited by Akitsuki

Hi so sorry to disturb you. I saw your beautiful house! :) in Particular the hacking of the wall for the kitchen. I wanted to hack mine but HDB wants me to spent $800 to engage an engineer to assess it, wondering if you had the same incident?

Thanks for help in advance :)

Hi Wooofie

sorry for the late reply.

For the 1/2 hacked kitchen wall, it was done by the previous owner.

I believe it is a requirement when you are hacking part/entire wall in the flat, we had to engage 1 for the hacking of our study rm. As for the pricing, you probably need to look around... $800 like kinda expensive just for a 'signature'.... I was luckly as I worked in an engineering related environment and my colleague recommended another colleague who is a PE.

Akitsuki

Thanks, that is the main reason for buying this unit... :)

414025_3169134701202_1645043589_o.jpg

411808_2648013953509_946610667_o.jpg

472015_3023832788745_251970796_o.jpg

Edited by west

we came back in this evening and our new neighbour was nice enuff to inform us that there was a firework show going on...

i guess it must be the rehearsal for NDP

as0002.jpg

as0001.jpg

we also caught fireworks from sentosa yesterday biggrin.gif

honestly, if u pay 100k for cov for something like tis is definitely worth it :D

Wow west, your actual end result is far nicer than the 3D drawings! I love everything of it, from the location, views, designs, crazy ceilings, lux bathrooms, arrrggghhh....!

I'm going to hack down my study room wall just like yours, but adding a display cabinet is the thing that we never thought of, can I steal the idea? hahaha, gonna check with my ID for the cost of it!

Indeed a dream house! Btw, me also stay in jurong west, downgrade from 5rm to 4rm in AMK :)

definitely not 100k COV back then... *phew*

the less den 10 yrs old 4A flat tat I hv seen near AMK mrt has a valn of ard mid 500k and askg 100k cov!!! wat views they hv? oni parks n mrt track :(

so now u feel yr flat overpriced bo? :D

yuy

i grew up in queenstown, therefore this place will always have a special charm. I have been hoping to return here after moving to Jurong..

even if the price was higher back then for this unit, I think I will still be bent on getting it... cos everything revolves around it's location!

if you talk about the block itself, it is the most outward-facing among 5 blocks in the estate . For every floor, there are 6 units, 3 outwards facing and 3 inwards facing (into the other blocks in the estate itself). Among the 3 outward facing units , 1 has its view partially blocked due to the structure of the building while the other 2 have totally unblocked view... the fact that it is the 2nd highest unit with such a fantastic view also makes it hard to resist as I was previously from a topfloor unit. in view of all these, I knew it would be hard to find something like this if I gave it up...

if you talk about the area, it is really in a centralised location. its just a few mins drive to town area (including my workplace) so you can imagine all the cost savings in terms of time and petrol. furthermore, we have a decent network of bus services at our bus stop and mrt is just 5-10 mins walk away. Sometimes , we just hop onto the public transport instead. groceries shopping is also a breeze as we have a suburban mall with ntuc within walking distance , so unlike previously when we had to drive to IMM/Jurong Pt for our groceries, we just spread out our groceries shopping over a few evenings after dinners with a relaxed stroll to the mall/ntuc.

yunyunhere

sure , go ahead! we are all here to share ideas! :)

for ourselves, i tend to think of it as just a downgrade in floor area... everything else would be an upgrade... biggrin.gif

Good say, west! it's only a downgrade in floor area! Your flat looks amazingly neat without any visible pipes, my resale flat is also 10-yr old, but the pipes are all around in the bathrooms, with very low hung position, disgusting!

If you want to sell your house after 5 yrs, pls let me know immediately, wakakakakakaka!!! Congrats again!