Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
slegna

Our Tiny Hem

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

phew! here are some interior inspiration photos...

scandinavian-beautiful-seat-and-modern-lights.jpg

Scandinavian-Apartaments-Interior-Design-6.jpg

Scandinavian-Apartaments-Interior-Design-2.jpg

basically hb and I are still away somewhere in scandinavia but will be back in good old Singapore in about a month's time. We love the interiors here and hope to bring back some elements (furniture) of it to our new home.

BTW, 'hem' is home in swedish.

Hope this t-blog will be interesting! *nervous*

Since we can only try to visualize our house via photos that my sister took when she visited the house to check for defects, I'm not sure if our furniture purchases will fit in nicely...

then again, I fell in love with this sofa and had to get it! Grey microfiber - should be neutral enough.. right? :dribble:

2485-yesterday_19710.png

677-677-yesterday_19813.png

They also had a black leather version, but our color scheme was white/wood/grey tones

656-656-yesterday_19814.png

Ceiling Lights

Some of the lights we have purchased so far...

Dining room

1142-craven_19414.png

For the too-big balcony

1305-sapporo_19386.png

Master bedroom

imageasp.jpg

Wardrobe room

image-1asp.jpg

Living room

Albero-2434587_0.jpg

As you can see, we're going for a Nature/Scandinavian theme. Hoping to create a relaxing environment that we can return to after a day's work!

Hi megaking!

Yah we initially wanted to avoid false ceiling, but now... guess we need to. most likely a basic L-box to brighten up the place. The living room light runs on halogen, so more like a center piece. After 3 years of living in warm light (europe really doesn't use white light!) I'm really looking forward to basking in white/cool lights at night!!

Hacking of door

This is proper floorplan of our house, we are thinking of moving the MBR door forward to include the BR2 into the MBR.

hem1.jpg

This is what it would look like if all is possible... BR2 becomes WIW.

hem2.jpg

Any Citiviewers here doing the same? or anyone can advise if can change door-opening direction?

Also as my hall/walkway is marble and rooms are parquet I'm worried that I would not be able to find same color parquet for the extended area later... hmmm :unsure:

Dining Table

Hb and I spotted this beauty while looking around for sofas. One glance at the price and we immediately walked away. Haha. We are the sit-in-front-of-coffee-table for dinner type of couple and therefore didn't want to spend so much on our dining set. Our budget was initially about $700.

table2.jpg

In the end, this table kept speaking to us (scary!) and we love the round edges and solid wood (oak). sob sob... so out goes our money...

table3.jpg

Table itself is $1700 (had to custom make the size because our dining area is soooo small)

table1.jpg

Chairs are about $400 each.

I'm determined that this is the only splurge item we will have for our house!!!! MUST RESIST! :dribble:

Hi sleek!

Thanks for dropping by~ yah we're currently buying them from Sweden. Trying to get some unique (or at least unique to us) pieces b4 we come back!

Rabbit for the win

Talking about splurging, not sure if this is considered as one, but its the same price as One dining chair. haa!

19075.jpg

We got a rabbit house for (duh) our rabbit. Planning to put him in the balcony cos hb doesn't fur flying around the house anymore... :unsure:

Super worried if he can adapt to our hot and humid conditions. He's currently staying indoors with us, but he loves to hop around in our balcony and lounge there for a few hours each day (here 17 degrees k!)

Anyone can advise on this as well? Mine is a lop rabbit, quite furry. somemore black... :bangwall:

Rabbit for the win

Talking about splurging, not sure if this is considered as one, but its the same price as One dining chair. haa!

19075.jpg

We got a rabbit house for (duh) our rabbit. Planning to put him in the balcony cos hb doesn't fur flying around the house anymore... :unsure:

Super worried if he can adapt to our hot and humid conditions. He's currently staying indoors with us, but he loves to hop around in our balcony and lounge there for a few hours each day (here 17 degrees k!)

Anyone can advise on this as well? Mine is a lop rabbit, quite furry. somemore black... :bangwall:

Suggest you google "rabbit heat stroke".

This from one such link:

A Bunnies biggest summer killer is Heat Stroke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Bunnies biggest summer killer is Heat Stroke.

This is an important concern that every rabbit owner must know about in order to keep the buns alive. Rabbits are not tolerable to heat and are thus highly susceptible. When the temperatures rise above 29° Celsius or 85° Fahrenheit, humidity levels are above 70%, or inadequate shade and/or ventilation can all contribute to heat exhaustion.

The main symptoms of Heat Stroke; may include panting rapidly (open mouth breathing), weakness; ears are red hue, refusal to move, slobbering (drooling), delirium (feverish), convulsions (spasms) and sadly eventual death.

With proper measure every rabbit owner can help to prevent Heat Stroke. Here are several tips, which I use for my cherished bunnies.

:arrow: While Outside

·Make sure the bunny is out of the direct sun. Several times a week I take my (indoor) bunnies outside, whether it’s to be groomed in the confines of a small pet pen or to be walked via leash. Regardless, the best time to have them out is either dawn or dusk. The heat won’t be as intense, but if they do need to be out at other times of the day make sure to allow plenty of shade for your little one to rest.

·I find it handy to drape heavy blankets to obscure the direct suns rays.

·I also have available a hefty crock dish filled with cold icy water and have purchased several wooden pets hide-a-ways/tents for them to hide inside.

·It is another good idea to have a mist spray: rabbits don’t sweat they actually dissipate heat through the ears. Every so often, mist the rabbit’s ears to help keep them cooler. You can also apply cool running water to the earflaps especially to the lop-eared rabbits.

:arrow: While Inside

·It’s a good idea to set up a circulating fan that will breeze past your rabbit but not blowing directly on him (we don’t want to worry about respiratory problems). You can also damp a towel to drape over the cage allowing the fan to blow cold air into the cage. Remember that some do chew, so make sure to bunny proof the cord connecting to the fan.

·It is also a good idea to place a ceramic tile or marble flat in the cage, these will stay cool and it’s probably more comfortable than the wire mesh anyway.

·Fill 1 or 2 liter soda bottles with water and freeze them. Frozen bottles can then be placed inside of the bunnies’ cages so they can lean their hot little bodies against for a cool down.

:arrow: Just a Extra Tidbit

·It’s a necessity to brush out the winter hide; I mean would you want to wear your winter jacket in the summer? I’ve never had any longhaired rabbits but if I did I definitely would crop the coat maximize the comfort during the summer season.

·Rabbits over 5 years need some extra TLC, handicapped or if they are heavy. These bunnies tend to be more inactive and may not be capable accessing water when they become hot so remember to keep your eye on them.

:arrow: Heat Stroke Occurs

·Never submerge the rabbit in cold water. This may worsen the condition by placing the bunny into shock. DO dampen its ears and body with cool water; a towel will do the job.

·Next get it HELP. Immediately get him into a vet or emergency clinic. Do Not Wait; its life is at stake.

Prevention is of course the best course of action. The simple things such as providing your rabbit with adequate shade, shelter and ventilation can mean the difference between life and death. In addition on those hot days you can also provide your rabbit with the extra comfort of a continuous mist of cool water or a fan operating alone or over a container of ice. Please always provide your rabbit with cold water and ice cubes/blocks.

Hi rmgthatsme! Thanks for the info, yes I did google that, together with "rabbit in high humidity" and "rabbit and weather". Definitely will be shading the entire balcony as much as possible (since HH doesn't allow us to box up the place). Blinds will be added and down most of the day. The fan is a good suggestion, will think about installing a wall fan that can run by timer??

Hafiizh, thanks for coming by! haha, I see your equbic system also very tempted... as for rabbit proofing, my rabbit really enjoys biting into wood. (my expensive dining table!!) He even chews the wall plaster when he has the chance.. so not that simple as keep wires away from him. would love to see how u keep ur rabbit in the house! post photos in ur tblog can?