Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
velv

Help Required - Air Con Issues

Dear all,

Below is the situation that we can facing now :(

we had replaced the old air-con in our re sale flat with Mit Electric Inverter System 4

However the ex-owner had conceal the gas pipes in the false ceiling & we feel that its quiet sophisticated to do new gas pipes up & so we did the following.

1. Jun 2010 : air-con contractor conducted pressure test system 4 for 1/4 & 3/8 piping at outdoor unit (S$200)to confirm old gas pipes are ok before installation

- Use back existing piping & change out door insulation

- Dismantle and dispose existing system 4 a/c

2. Aug 2010 - Feb 2011 : air-cons are not cold anymore , service guy do maintenance. Found out gas level at outdoor unit very low, top up gas R410

(140psi to 150 psi) for s$80. the air-cons went back to normal

3. Feb 2011 - Apr 2011 : air-con is not cooling down the room effectively again.

Today I turned on the MBR air-con , the rest of the air cons in the house were off. In less than 1 hr , there is a water patch at the trucking beside the MBR.

Do this mean anything? Will anyone be able to advise what should we do now?

I really like to keep the gas pipes conceal in the false ceiling so the worst case scenario would be to engage a false-ceiling contractor to co-ordinate with air-con contractor to hack away the false ceiling, replace the old gas pipe again and conceal them back. However I am worried this will take a few days. I had tenants living at home and dun want to disturb them if possible.

Anyway below is the photo of the water patch and a piping laid out that I fabricate.

Would greatly appreciate any advise and recommendations on what should we do next.

airconapr2011.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

masterfloorplanaircon.jpg

Edited by velv

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Velv,

Just wondering how old are these AC gas pipes? The water area, is where the insulated AC gas pipe is touching the insides of the trunking, I suspect that the AC gas pipe insulation there is worn out.

Would suggest that you use new gas pipes for your new AC, if they are causing so much problems, also get another AC guys opinion. I think that AC gas pipes should be changed every 5 - 7 years.

Picture below of a trunking which is 15 years old,

th_P4270016.jpg

Edited by EV-Disinfection

Hi

Thanks for sharing

The existing gas pipes had been there for roughly 10 years. hand down from ex-owner.

We understand that it is good to change gas pipe when installation of new air con,

it was just that the gas pipe were pulled through false ceilings to the outdoor unit. (all done 10 years ago)

And eventually we thought its better not to hack away the false ceiling as they were in good conditions.

regretted it now.

the photo are part of the trunk that were expose .