Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renosotong

What Is Your Favourite Brand For Fridge? :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmmm. Most Japanese brands are assembled or made in Thailand or China or Malaysia nowadays. Quality is not as good as early days. Anyway, I just bought Mitsubishi. Hope it will last longer. Have purchased extended warranty as it's also made in Thailand. :thumbs up:

Just my 2 cents. Have been using this Mitsubishi 3 doors fridge with Rotary Compressor made in Japan for 20++ yrs :sport-smiley-003: . It had transit to 3 homes and had serve us well,sadly now it is due for replacement . The fridge door had crack causing condesation at the handle. Over it first decade, it had breakdown once. Was advised by the repair man to repair it rather to replace it because of the japan motor it used. He guaranteed after overhaul the sensor and changing the rubber seal at the doors, it will work for another 10 yrs which it did. The compressor is as per advertise, very slient till date and still going strong.

Was stunt by the Panasonic fridge compressor motor sound when it activate while drinking water. Believed the fridge was made in Malaysia. All the above are my personal experiences.

Now looking at the Hitachi R-A6200S made in Japan for replacement, would appreciate if anyone using would feedback or pm me about the motor noise. The Hitachi model not from japan motor is having the same level of loudness as the Panasonic. Thanks ;)

Edited by techno98

Currently using panasonic NR-B472B bottom freezer fridge for 4yrs+, spoil 1 time and there is loud tuck sound when the compressor running. The technician came for repairing told us bottom freezer fridge not that good compare to conventional fridge.

Edited by sohnice

My current home using F & P for almost close to 15 years now. Still surviving. Only drawback is that the magnetic strap have degraded (sealing have faded and there is abit of corrosion. Otherwise, still going strong without any major problems.

Anyone tried Samsung RT63PBSL ? been aiming at this model for quite some time.... TIA

I am thinking of getting one of these three Hitachi MIJ models:

R-S42CMS

R-SF45DMS

R-D5000S

Have checked out Gain City, Harvey Norman, Best Denki, Mega Discount Store and Courts (they don't seem to carry Hitachi fridges), and found that the price at HN Expo Sale is the best.

Anybody could share your experience of using the above models? for SF45 and D5000S, there is a vacuum compartment. Do you really think it is a useful function?

Avoid Hitachi products! Hitachi recently delivered a fridge to my house, only to be found with some defects. (haven't even switch on hor..)

They told us they will get back to us but never did. My poor wife called them and was reprimanded by a rude staff.

Finally the repairman came to my house, sloppy and lazy. He changed the cracked tray but say he cannot do anything about the scratches.

Sure, but we have long reported these defects to Hitachi. The useless man whom Hitachi sent not only cannot help us but is even too lazy when talking to us. He told me in his lazy voice he is from the repair department, this matter is under the sales department! WTH! i told him i want Hitachi to take back the **** fridge and send me a new one. He say he will try, ask me to wait for their call.

Bloody ****, did I not pay for the fridge???!!!

They used to be good but like many other Japanese brands, they are too complacent and never bother to improve.

They think that their products are always the best and always charge a premium price. For a person who used to have business dealings with Japanese, trust me.

In reality, they never improved, just like Toyota and Honda cars. Japanese actually don't value SEA market cos of their superiority syndrome. Look at the cheap and low level staff they hire to serve us. No avenue for feedback, probably because they don;t care about our feedback.

Serves them right that they are gradually overtaken by Korean brands like Hyundai, Samsung and LG.

Korean brands have improved tremendously and continental brands are becoming more affordable. Keep your options open and think twice about certain Japanese brands.......especially Hitachi!

Edited by AGKS

Avoid Hitachi products! Hitachi recently delivered a fridge to my house, only to be found with some defects. (haven't even switch on hor..)

They told us they will get back to us but never did. My poor wife called them and was reprimanded by a rude staff.

Finally the repairman came to my house, sloppy and lazy. He changed the cracked tray but say he cannot do anything about the scratches.

Sure, but we have long reported these defects to Hitachi. The useless man whom Hitachi sent not only cannot help us but is even too lazy when talking to us. He told me in his lazy voice he is from the repair department, this matter is under the sales department! WTH! i told him i want Hitachi to take back the **** fridge and send me a new one. He say he will try, ask me to wait for their call.

Bloody ****, did I not pay for the fridge???!!!

They used to be good but like many other Japanese brands, they are too complacent and never bother to improve.

They think that their products are always the best and always charge a premium price. For a person who used to have business dealings with Japanese, trust me.

In reality, they never improved, just like Toyota and Honda cars. Japanese actually don't value SEA market cos of their superiority syndrome. Look at the cheap and low level staff they hire to serve us. No avenue for feedback, probably because they don;t care about our feedback.

Serves them right that they are gradually overtaken by Korean brands like Hyundai, Samsung and LG.

Korean brands have improved tremendously and continental brands are becoming more affordable. Keep your options open and think twice about certain Japanese brands.......especially Hitachi!