Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
listensea

Anyone Could Help Me Please? I Am Stuck Now...

I am currently having a bad experience with one of the recommended contractor on this forum.

The famous guy is Mr Y**k of B****c I***e

I was really surprised cos I have seen quite number of good comments abt him which is why I have approached him.

Approached him in early March, now almost decided to sign with him after seeing his works and find his pricing reasonable comapring with 3 other contractors we approached. To me it's just down to fine-tuning stage and last sat we even made a trip down to his office to discuss wih him on the quote. Told him we looking to start around mid May.

Then on Wednesday night, I asked if he could further improve his quote, he emailed me:

"I am sorry but I am fully booked in May"

I cant believe this especially when I have requested him to check with me before he gave away his last slot.

I have been trying to contact him since his rejection but he was totally not interested in helping me and so were his colleagues. Tried to sms him and call him to see how we can work out an arrangement as we were really keen to sign up with him but he refused to return my call and gave me a very disappointing response which I will share when I have figured what I am gonna do next.

I am so disappointed with this so called nice guy (which I tot he really is) and now I am stuck. Either I have to wait for him till July or I need to find someone else which is so tiring... Any advice is much appreciated or if anyone has contractor with comparable workmandship and pricing and is a responsible man, could u please reply to this post. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am currently having a bad experience with one of the recommended contractor on this forum.

I was really surprised cos I have seen quite number of good comments abt him which is why I have approached him.

Approached him in early March, now almost decided to sign with him after seeing his works and find his pricing reasonable comapring with 3 other contractors we approached. To me it's just down to fine-tuning stage and last sat we even made a trip down to his office to discuss wih him on the quote. Told him we looking to start around mid May.

Then on Wednesday night, I asked if he could further improve his quote, he emailed me:

I cant believe this especially when I have requested him to check with me before he gave away his last slot.

I have been trying to contact him since his rejection but he was totally not interested in helping me and so were his colleagues. Tried to sms him and call him to see how we can work out an arrangement as we were really keen to sign up with him but he refused to return my call and gave me a very disappointing response which I will share when I have figured what I am gonna do next.

I am so disappointed with this so called nice guy (which I tot he really is) and now I am stuck. Either I have to wait for him till July or I need to find someone else which is so tiring... Any advice is much appreciated or if anyone has contractor with comparable workmandship and pricing and is a responsible man, could u please reply to this post. Thanks.

take one step back - hv u been too hard on his pricing?

Maybe u took too long to decide and the last slot had been signed by another house owner...this is a first come first serve basis for those who are responsible for their works. They do not want to signed first then delay the project which will not be nice for both parties in the end. I don't think that anyone will check with every customers to tell them whether they can sign with other customers or not(won't it be funny if the contractor/ID call u and ask r u going to sign with me if not, I'll sign with other on the spot now with other house owner and I can't take your project anymore. What will the other house owner think if they were there?)

Hope u can find someone soon to help u on your reno. :yamseng:

Edited by jaskel

take one step back - hv u been too hard on his pricing?

Normaly contract know that clients ask a few quote , so they lower their price . but in their mind they dont wan to do the project .

Normaly contract know that clients ask a few quote , so they lower their price . but in their mind they dont wan to do the project .

I don't think so, if they don't want to do, they might as well don't quote.

Contractors usually are OMO or just have one or two staff under them. Hence, it's usually first-come-first-served basis, unless one put deposit to 'reserve' a slot. Anyway, as long as no $$$ or confirmation via the dotted line, customers can also sign with another company. So I guess no matter how one seems to be interested, it's still $$$ afterall. Whoever pays first get it. Mr Y**k did rush out my quotation within a few days and even emailed me in midnight due to the tight deadline given by me. Even sent me sms to inform me that he had email so that I can check my inbox immediately. Although I did not select him in the end, he came across as someone who is very sincere, honest and helpful. Maybe he is very brought down this period hence the harsh tone. Hope you can find a suitable one soon. Have a smooth reno journey.

Sry i'm new here. Maybe i can share with you. For what i know, dont scare you can't find a contractor, scare you no money to renovate only. haha ... maybe you can try contact this person. He maybe can help you or even get cheaper at what you got now. His hp is 82588274 Alan. Cheers !

Edited by Wdls

LIke dat i quite lucky, when i started my renovation process in jan 11, i approached Y*** & only 1-2 other firms..some i know approached like countless IDs/Contractors.I told all of them i starting work in june. I decided take Y*** coz he has done alot of EM & im impressed with his workmanship.

Met him 1-2x to fine tune,but didnt sign till like in end april..due to some change in plans,i told him at end apr i need start work in early May. I was expecting a rejection or delay but he say ok..he can do whatever he can..i was so happy.

Work started last fri (sat-mon no work due to holidays), wed i took a look, house hacked finished & cleared all debris,reno is going smoothly..but i feel bad for TS as maybe coz of me, he cannot take his job.

He does appear cold at 1st but warm up to him when the process begin. So those intending to take him, please book & confirm early.