Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Closed

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We have block/ black out curtains in master room which we purchased from spotlight. After few weeks of usage we removed for washing. wash, rinse and drained the water but did not spin. Curtains were not damaged. We dried it on the balcony railing and when it is dry and time to take out the block out coating got stick to the balcony glass & railing. We slowly managed to remove but end up having few places the coating peeled off :( Should have sent for dry cleaning :(

Can anyone suggest how to fix these peeled parts. We tried to tape the peeled parts with tape but still it is visible from inside.

blackout curtains are not designed to be washed in the washing machine in the first place. they have to be drycleaned. apart from replacing them, i dun tink you can remedy at all. just remember dun be penny wise pound foolish next time.

Edited by neubie

Curtains from Spotlight should have a laundry tag sewn on.

As such, it should say on those laundry tags as to whether the curtains could be washed with water or dry-cleaned.

There is no "cure" to what's happened to your curtains so the only recourse is to either continue using it in its current state or dump it.

p/s: Even with those that says dry cleaning is required, regular maintenance is required becox once the dry cleaning is done say, only, after many years of usage, the black-out curtains will turn up with "holes" on the reversed side where the blackout material is weaved in; and you see plenty of "twinkle little stars" all over the curtains.

We intend to go for a double track; one strictly for a blackout piece and the other a thinner piece of curtain with designs on the fabric. The hotelier's style of blackout curtains.

I am also intending to get blackout curtains but I wouldn't get those which is a 2-in-1 like what u bought from spotlight.

I'm going to get curtain makers to do it separately. Meaning that the blackout layer would be independent of the actual curtain. It could run on another curtain track or be attached to the actual curtain using velcro.

If the quality for the blackout material is good, then it should last for a very long time even after it has been brought down for washing.