Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
danard

Repair Ceiling Leak

Hi all,

Just bought my 40yr old 3 room flat. Recently found out that the ceiling near my kitchen extension is leaking. :furious: HDB had come for inspection last week. Just wonder if there is any good solution to help fix this while waiting for HDB to investigate the upstair flat. 8|

Does anyone know roughly the cost of fixing this problem? Now very worried as HDB told me that this will be a shared cost. :bangwall:

Please help give some advice if you come across this problem before. Thank you very much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

last time i feedback to hdb officer but he don't bother to visit to my house about ceiling crack.

last time i feedback to hdb officer but he don't bother to visit to my house about ceiling crack.

Is there any leak at your ceiling? Did you manage to solve the problem? Hope mine could be resolved soon.

For my case, there were wet patches seen near the ceiling in the common toilet and the kitchen pipe.. The HDB officer came to take a look.. Less than 3 weeks later, I received a letter from HDB, to authorise the repair and in my case, inform me of the estimation cost..

HDB will pay 50%, my neighour on top of my unit and I 25% each... My flat is a 3NG.. The cost (in my case, the common toilet) is estimated to be $800 and I am supposed to pay $200 (maximum)...

I replied them last month and I have not moved into my house yet, so I am not sure, if they have started the reno yet or not...

I haven't moved in as well. My house's now under renovation. Very disturbing to see the water dropping 24/7 from the ceiling. HDB guy told me 2 days ago that it should be the upstair washing machine pipe that caused problem and the owner upstair should fix it. They seemed not solving the problem yet. Water's still dropping like rainfall till today.

:curse: Should complain directly to the owner tomorrow. 8|

Is there any leak at your ceiling? Did you manage to solve the problem? Hope mine could be resolved soon.

toilet ceiling no leaking i am noob who don't know anything.

u can complain to HDB officer to come to your house to check.

what is wet patches? what color of wet patches? i want to sell away flat also cannot sell.

Edited by dean

Danard, care to share how you did solve the problem? I have similar case like yours but HDB asked me to pay the cost - $950 to replace the pipes at the kitchen ceiling.

Danard, care to share how you did solve the problem? I have similar case like yours but HDB asked me to pay the cost - $950 to replace the pipes at the kitchen ceiling.

like i said in my reply to your other thread on pipe leaks. i do not think u r responsible. get advice from Town Council. unless rules changed. if not, main pipe comes under Town COuncil.

like i said in my reply to your other thread on pipe leaks. i do not think u r responsible. get advice from Town Council. unless rules changed. if not, main pipe comes under Town COuncil.

Well if the upper floor is willing to shared the cost don't wait faster repair liao

Like my old unit damm the upper floor refused to do in the end spalling concrete :furious: sleeping in the middle of the nite "Bang" concrete fell off

Town council called in can't do anything as the ball is upper floor :jawdrop:

Omg, all these problems here remind me of an old apartment I used to stay. Let me introduce someone who is really good in these. He helped me a lot when I faced all these problem and now he’s my friend. Call Sigmon @ 68991237