Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shimeng

Suspicious Behavior - Cold Calling Contractor

When sale person tried to show me their sale record like this unit and that unit in the same block has take up the order.

I will automatic shut down... Not interesting.

when I was teenager (still in sec sch), I open door to such sale man and cause my mother place deposit.

And my dad was angry b'coz they over charge my mother.

from that onward I learn a lesson.

Never open door to anyone, if he or she start to ask u to sign up sth.

Even singtel person come out my block to promote fibre plan .. said got special package , etc..

I also don't want.. I told them.. i will sign up directly with Singtel if I want.. even don't have this and that waive or free.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear All

I am kinda agree with that the statement by DONOTASSUME.

I did engage them for my false ceiling leakage repair this week, after much frustration from the HDB’s cold response.

To my husband he thinks that they did quote us for a rather expensive deal and hard sell in the beginning, and I did check around from other private contractors and friends where they noted the price seems reasonable.

The repair as noted is by local workers and it involves:

1. ·         hard glue injection over the ceilings to act as a barrier from future leakage with heavy rain
  2. ·         fixation of the pipe
  3. ·         fixation of the false ceiling
  4. ·         repainting of the affected area

On the day of repair, I was surprised to see a senior plumber who is about my dad’s age, 65 (or much older than I assumed) who came to do the injection of glue and another senior piper to do the binding of the leaked pipe.  They are senior workers who are just making a living which I don’t expect to see them working hard at such age, but they are indeed good with their workmanship and sincere in what they were doing. They explained to my dad and I carefully on what they were doing before proceed to the next step. Isn’t we suppose to support our local workers where nowadays all renovation and construction are mainly by non-experience foreign workers with rather rough workmanship.

Maybe we just don’t judge a book by its cover. Just my two cents.

Edited by Paige

Today (26 Aug 2021) afternoon, two people (one male + one female) came to my house and asked if there was any renovation/ repair needed, and claimed that they were sent by the government/HDB. They requested us to enter the house for checking even though we insist that nothing needs to be repaired. It's pretty suspicious and they came in different timing.

After these two people left, we ran a quick check from the HDB website but we found that this company is not under the list of contractors. While we were trying to "research" this company, we found this forum (renotalk) and realized that there are so many "victims" since 2011. How can this contractor still surviving and use the same strategy to lie even it has been passed for 10 years?! Luckily we are not being fooled and make sure you don't fall for it also!!