Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Atrocious After Sales Service From Bosch - Beware!

I absolutely agree that the after-sales services is disgustingly atrocious and I want to share my experiences.

I called the Bosch / Siemens call centre to service my Siemens oven in Dec 2011, but on the day of service, the technician called to say that they were in location A, where I used to stay, instead of location B - even though I had told their operator when I was making the appt that I had moved. The technician refused to go the location B or make another appt. They said that I can only make another appt via the Bosch / Siemens call centre.

I made another appt for Jan 2012, and the call centre asked if the address is at location A. I again clarified that I no longer stay at location A and that the address must be deleted. The operator confirmed that this will be done, and a service call was arranged for today 10am to noon.

At around 1030am today, I called their hotline to confirm the appt. The call centre asked if service is to be provided at location A. I repeated my new address and said that I had take the morning off, so the technician must come before noon. No one showed up so I called the call centre at noon. The call centre checked their records, and then told me that the technician had called the call centre to say that they are unable to show up. If that's the case, shouldn't someone have tried to call me?

There's so many other electronic brands out there. There's no need for me to put up with service of such poor quality.

The other interesting thing: I tried to log a complaint on the Bosch website and I am unable to submit it because, according to the website, I had apparently not entered my email address properly. I know how an email address looks like, and I definitely know what my own email address is. Just in case there was a glitch with a certain browser, I tried submitting using IE as well as Firefox.

Note that this call centre also services Gaggenau products.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guy I totally understand how you feel as a consumer if it happen to me I'm sure I will blow my top as well... But looking back at all the brands in the market does other brands also face the same problem? I believe all brand does has a little bit of hip cup just that it was not be told here. Bosch has always been the good brand to have and along the years it has grow a lot thanks everyone for the great support but just because of some isolated case we put it to an full stop is it fair? How about people who has got great service from them? Guy I'm not trying to cover anything but as my position I can't comment anything about the above case but do PM me if you have any slight hip cup issue I will try my very best to help!!!

I WAS planning to get a bosh front loading washing machine and dryer... but after stumbling on reports here, will be seeking out other brands instead.

I'm a current user of Bosch, and had strong faith in their offerings... but these reports are not to be overlooked... will try out some other competitive brands instead for my next purchase.

While the media is a good way to bring up sales... if service or product is not up to users' expectations, the media will prove to be disastrous, a PR nightmare.

To follow up on my encounter - no one has called me back and even though I managed to find an email address and sent my comments to them on 11 Jan, I have not, 6 days later, received any response - not even an acknowledgement of receipt.

I am now looking to buy a new oven. If anyone has a recommendation for ovens, I would be most happy to listen.

I also faced terrible customer service from Bosch. Came across this thread on renotalk when I was trying to find if there are anybody with similar experience. Made an appointment last week to service my washing machine which i bought less than 2 months ago. The first time my husband called and told the customer service agent the error code on the washing machine ("E80"), the customer service agent said he doesn't know what is that and asked us to activate the emergency lever. I called again, another customer service agent suggest we made an appointment for the technician to come down (why didn't the first one suggested it??). Ok, the appointment is scheduled for today morning and I was given a reference number. I waited until now and call the hotline again. The customer service agent told me there is no such appointment made under that reference number! How could there be a reference number when there is no appointment? THe customer service agent sort of admit that they didn't enter in the appointment date and said the earliest next appointment is next Friday! I was quite angry and told the customer service that it is THEIR fault that they didn't enter the appointment date and they should escalate it. If i wait until next week, it will be 2 weeks that my washing machine is spoilt! (and the washing machine is bought less than 2 months ago, and I even bought the one "made in germany" which is suppose to be better). I regret buying the washing machine and dryer from Bosch. Thought they prided themselves on good customer service.

An another thing, it take me minimum 10 minute for a customer service agent to attend to me each time i call and it is not a toll-free line. Meaning that I have to waste $$ and time to speak to them!

I am going to call again for another customer service agent to confirm the date is ENTERED this time round.

I also faced terrible customer service from Bosch. Came across this thread on renotalk when I was trying to find if there are anybody with similar experience. Made an appointment last week to service my washing machine which i bought less than 2 months ago. The first time my husband called and told the customer service agent the error code on the washing machine ("E80"), the customer service agent said he doesn't know what is that and asked us to activate the emergency lever. I called again, another customer service agent suggest we made an appointment for the technician to come down (why didn't the first one suggested it??). Ok, the appointment is scheduled for today morning and I was given a reference number. I waited until now and call the hotline again. The customer service agent told me there is no such appointment made under that reference number! How could there be a reference number when there is no appointment? THe customer service agent sort of admit that they didn't enter in the appointment date and said the earliest next appointment is next Friday! I was quite angry and told the customer service that it is THEIR fault that they didn't enter the appointment date and they should escalate it. If i wait until next week, it will be 2 weeks that my washing machine is spoilt! (and the washing machine is bought less than 2 months ago, and I even bought the one "made in germany" which is suppose to be better). I regret buying the washing machine and dryer from Bosch. Thought they prided themselves on good customer service.

An another thing, it take me minimum 10 minute for a customer service agent to attend to me each time i call and it is not a toll-free line. Meaning that I have to waste $$ and time to speak to them!

I am going to call again for another customer service agent to confirm the date is ENTERED this time round.

Hi ,

I'm Terry Bosch product consultant.

Do you want to furnish me with your detail as:

1)Where you brought the machine?

2)When you brought the machine?

3)When your first call in for appointment?

4)Machine model?

5)lastly name contact address.

Let me try my best to help you.

Recently there is a lot of bad comment about Bosch after sales service.

Although some of the story are true, but after i offer helping hand to some newbie i found out that some story was told by competitor brand instate.

Everyone out there i hope that you could be understand some customer service issue don't just happen to Bosch it's across to some other brands too.

Anyway i feel that it just so happen that there's only Me to claim as Bosch product consultant in this forum that cause so many bad comment.

I'm so sorry for some true story that happen to you but i'm really not in position to comment anything do let me know if there's anything which i can do to help.

Lastly I'm here just using my personal time to walk the extra miles for all the consumer out there.

Thanks.

Terry

To follow up on my encounter - no one has called me back and even though I managed to find an email address and sent my comments to them on 11 Jan, I have not, 6 days later, received any response - not even an acknowledgement of receipt.

I am now looking to buy a new oven. If anyone has a recommendation for ovens, I would be most happy to listen.

Hi chingay, i'm using electrolux oven. So far so good. They've a showroom at Toa Payoh.

I'm just a consumer, not affiliated with any bosch competitors... disclaimer in place in case someone claim otherwise.

Thanks, will go take a look. I'm just a consumer looking for a pain-free life!

Hi chingay, i'm using electrolux oven. So far so good. They've a showroom at Toa Payoh.

I'm just a consumer, not affiliated with any bosch competitors... disclaimer in place in case someone claim otherwise.

Thanks, will go take a look. I'm just a consumer looking for a pain-free life!

Hi Chingay,

Since you are facing so much problem calling in for appointment why don't you share with me your detail for me to arrange for you?

I'm still waiting for your PM detail.....

Terry

I am not from any competitor brand or trying to sabotage Bosch. I just want to add my two cents worth and hopefully Bosch hears the message loud and clear. We had a Bosch steam oven previously and we faced a lot of problems just trying to get a descaling liquid from their service center. After many calls to their call center and lack of reply or action I have to escalate it all the way to the head of Bosch. Don't ask me how I get his contact but he is a German. Their service center needs a total revamp. The person who is in charge of it needs to be changed or he needs a lot of help. He is either very incompetent or he has very little budget to work on and as such could not provide good service. When I retrofitted my new kitchen I was considering Gaggenau until I found that the same service center also services Gaggenau. An absolute disgrace of a service center!

I also saw some other higher end brands other than bosch at their experience centre at bishan. There was no staff manning the centre when I first step in. It was after quite a while before I managed to get someone to attend to my queries. At that time, i was very interested in one of their soon-to -be launch new product. I left my contact information for them to contact me once the product is available. Needless to say, there was no follow up from them. From the interaction, i've the feeling that the staff are only interested in bulk developer sales order.

Ngtg1, can I check what brand are you having in your new kitchen? I'm also looking at some new kitchen appliances.

I have experienced similarly unsatisfactory customer service from Bosch.

My <2mth old high end washing machine just stopped working with an E23 error code. Below was my experience :

1. Takes forever to get through service line

2. Put on hold for a long time (while they tried to figure out error code) before going through trouble shooting steps.

3. Earliest appointment was a week away (with my previous less premium washer it typically took 3 days)

4. Unsuccessfully tried to gave feedback via email link on their website. As per post #16 above, my perfectly fine email address was not recognised.

I'll keep my fingers crossed someone actually turns up at the right place and on time next week.

BTW I had similarly unsatisfactory experience with Gaggenau in the last 2 months, handled via the same phone no.

There is definitely a common thread in the poor customer experience. Shame on this supposedly premium brand - supposedly good product (will reserve my judgement until my problem is fixed) but atrocious service.

Some of the comments are very harsh on here !

I absolutely love my products from B/S/H - and their aftercare service has been amazing.

Obviously there will be some errors, but the 'handle' replacement scenario, why didn't you scew this up yourself? Why an engineer call-out ! Ridiculous.

The descaler situation - go on their website and order direct, why ring the call center?!

Great products, great service - GO BOSCH !!