Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Demolition Of Walls & Erection Of Walls (In-Between Bedrooms)

hi edenstraus,

thanks for the reply. i had already replied to ur pm. i have a really tight budget. do you have any other contractors who can perform this type of job, but wont require high payment. we need to install door as well to the new room, only difference from ur work is that we dont require to do any hacking, as the room is really a huge one with no wall in between. so we just need to erect a wall with door to separate them. this is what i feel. also we need to do some minor renovation works in the bathrooms and some electrical works as well. do you have any contractors who will perform all these jobs? please advice or pm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi edenstraus,

thanks for the reply. i had already replied to ur pm. i have a really tight budget. do you have any other contractors who can perform this type of job, but wont require high payment. we need to install door as well to the new room, only difference from ur work is that we dont require to do any hacking, as the room is really a huge one with no wall in between. so we just need to erect a wall with door to separate them. this is what i feel. also we need to do some minor renovation works in the bathrooms and some electrical works as well. do you have any contractors who will perform all these jobs? please advice or pm

Hi thomman,

I'm sorry but I do not have any other contractors' contacts for cement related works except ah cheong.

Edited by edenstrauss

Can send me your contractor and ID contacts please. Thanks

Hi huzc,

plse share with me ur requirements & budget. U can PM me or post your comments here based on your preference.

if u require an ID, I would like to make a personal recommendation : White Space Living. They might be pricey but at least, I dare to assure u that they work with a regular team of contractors & delivers quality workmanship. They aren't those fly-by-night renovator who ditch clients after $$ has been collected.

I'm still waiting for chance to visit my uncle & friends who got their reno done up by White Space Living (for private prop reno, it's done up by Substance Living)... hoping to take some photos & upload on renotalk forum.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi Edenstrauss,

Care to share your contact with me?

Hi Edenstrauss,

I would like to change the entrance of my storeroom and knock down partial of the wall and build up a new wall to increase the size by making use of some space of my extra large kitchen

Can PM me Ah Chong contact?

Thanks in advance! :good:

Hi Edenstrauss,

I would like to change the entrance of my storeroom and knock down partial of the wall and build up a new wall to increase the size by making use of some space of my extra large kitchen

Can PM me Ah Chong contact?

Thanks in advance! :good:

Hi HCB,

I've PM-ed you ah cheong's contacts already.

best wishes.

Hi Edenstrauss,

Can PM me Ah Cheong contact?

My email: tan0515@yahoo.com

I want to construct a wall for my study room and relocate my MBR door...

Hi Edenstrauss,

Can PM me Ah Cheong contact?

My email: tan0515@yahoo.com

I want to construct a wall for my study room and relocate my MBR door...

Hi lsn,

Please check your renotalk mailbox. jux PM-ed u ah cheong's contact number.

best wishes!

Hi Edenstrauss,

Received!

Call Ah Cheong just now, will meet him tonight.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by lsn

Hi Edenstrauss,

Received!

Thanks a lot!

Hi lsn,

if u have any questions or concerns, please clarify with him on the spot. he is very well-versed with HDB practices - he told me that red bricks couldn't be used for our flat, which is correct whereas I had been having highly-recommended renovators on renotalk suggesting red bricks.

Our flat is pre-fabricated so the interior were built with hollow blocks & cannot withstand the weight of red bricks.

he is an extremely busy man with few hours of sleep & rest, so asked him whatever u need to.

best wishes!

Hi Edenstrauss,

Received!

Thanks a lot!

oh..u are the lucky one. I have been calling/texting him since saturday . Finally he have pickup my call this morning :notti: But he is too busy to arrange for an appointment at this moment :dunno: . I got my Q ticket already. So guys, pls don't cut Q :P

Edited by HCB

oh..u are the lucky one. I have been calling/texting him since saturday . Finally he have pickup my call this morning :notti: But he is too busy to arrange for an appointment at this moment :dunno: . I got my Q ticket already. So guys, pls don't cut Q :P

Hi HCB,

I would suggest that you don't sms Ah Cheong. The poor chap doesn't have enough rest & sleep which is good news for contractors in the renovating industry. So if anything, try to call him instead.

Hey I'm surprised that he doesn't return calls???? But he always make an effort to return calls. Then he mux be lost in his mountain of renovation works. :P

Since we moving into October, which meant that Christmas & CNY is around the corner, then I could safely infer that the renovators have already hit the peak period of their work cycles!

I recalled that we called Ah Cheong in for a site visit sometime in September 2010 last year & I did mention this briefly in my "story" here on this thread. he didn't have the time to take up our assignment until after CNY the following year.

Hi Edenstrauss,

Received!

Thanks a lot!

Hi Isn,

I was jux wondering if u got to meet up with ah cheong?

If he didn't turn up, please do not doubt his sincerity & honesty becox he had already hit his peak period - many customers are rushing to get their flat fully renovated before christmas or CNY next year. The ID firms he has been working with mux already be breathing down his neck. :P

I'm not sure if u've read the complete version of my "story" with ah cheong in that same thread on demolishing & fabricating of wall... He didn't turn up for our appointment & was late during the pre-reno stage. We almost didn't engage him as I was already fuming & ready to chew him up. But once he accepted the assignment, the reno was carried out without any delays or glitches & our reno work was completed on time. Everything was "swee swee".

Due to the work nature of contractors' jobs, there are many unforseen problems that would result in their being impunctual or not turning up for appointments & not realising it. For many of them, it's good news when they lack of rest & sleep becox that's indicative of money making opportunities coming their way. I had witnessed the amount of work & commitment so it's really hardearned $$ for these contractors.

Hope to hear from u :)

Quite upset w my contractor who quoted me $350 to use hollow block to seal up a 900mm x 650mm hole in the wall in the yard that was meant for washing machine. Am I wrong to be upset? The few pcs of hollow block cost so much? What other options do I have? Can some kind souls please advice?