Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Demolition Of Walls & Erection Of Walls (In-Between Bedrooms)

no problem and thanks for the PM

in fact 2k is well within my budget base on seeing the amount of work done for your house

Thanks!

U r most welcome!

Let me know if U are unable to get in touch with him. Most contractors are flooded with work towards the end of the year all the way till the eve of CNY. Many suffer from the lack of sleep & rest in a bid to complete many on-going renovations. As such, it's common practice for contractors to boycott incoming calls.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U r most welcome!

Let me know if U are unable to get in touch with him. Most contractors are flooded with work towards the end of the year all the way till the eve of CNY. Many suffer from the lack of sleep & rest in a bid to complete many on-going renovations. As such, it's common practice for contractors to boycott incoming calls.

Hi Ed,

I am currently facing same problem as you. MBR and the other room already merged... and I would like to erect a wall back...

Can I have his number too?

anfuni

Hi Ed,

I am currently facing same problem as you. MBR and the other room already merged... and I would like to erect a wall back...

Can I have his number too?

anfuni

Hi

Pls contact ah cheong directly, I hv pm u his number already. He is at his busiest now all the way to cny, please call him until he picks up the phone.

If u intend to do restoration works after cny, please keep him posted in advance so that u can get the earliest date. After march, I think his Reno works would start building up again.

Best wishes!

Hi welcome to my thread!

I'm so happy to hear from you :dancingqueen:

Yes I know who you are now & please continue to stay in touch with me :D

I enjoyed our mini-reno stint with ah cheong & his team mates becox both my hubby & myself have had such valuable opportunity to learn so many things from them.

We learnt many technical things from their team, through the way things were done & explanations given. And indeed, we have the honour to learn from maestros (great masters in their industry) like yourself, Ah Cheong & his team mates.

But both my hubby & myself are very sympathetic towards them becox it's indeed manual labour. It involved plenty of hard work. And we marvel at their perseverance in having to commute from JB to Singapore every single day. All in the name of earning a livelihood.

They have done us alot of good, not just with their workmanship but we started counting our blessings becox we realised that we were alot more priviledged & fortunate than them.

I simply cannot imagine myself or my hubby doing what Ah Cheong & his team mates have done. I cannot even lift up the demolishing hammer, let alone hack off the walls with it.

And we also realised that such manual labour has its own life span of worthiness becox aging is a factor too! Nobody can expect an old man to be playing with the hammer anymore so many had called for an early retirement. So we believe that this type of occupation is somewhat shortlived. Poor things!

Depending on their clients (owners), it might even turn out to be a thankless job. There will always be all kinds of clients in any industry. So if our renovators are able to do a decent job, we are grateful to them. U would agree with me that reno is very stressful and all the more when we do not have an ID or project manager to fall back on, so I get "hit" firsthand with anything. It's very "xiong" (meaning for hectic & stressful in hokkien language).

We were genuinely sorry to see them slogging to earn the $. which is indeed very hard-earned. The guy who built our walls - ah ming, poor man. we saw that it was very tough work. But he was very committed on his job & hardworking too. Very monotonous & manual, involving alot of handiwork.

And when we looked at the amount we were billed, we wondered how the entire team earn enough $ at all.

Anyways, I still want to reiterate that we are eternally grateful to everybody (yourself inclusive), for making my mini-reno a great success!

P/S:

To all readers,

Please do not underestimate the scale of our project here on this thread becox it involved a great deal of technical skills & connections in getting things right the very first time. And especially we are owners who are still staying in the flat while the reno is on-going AND when our tiling is already in place.

Alot of "gong-fu" is required to do such a brilliant job! :good:

Hii,

I am so happy to discovered this thread, may I have ah Cheong's contact? I am helping my brother to find a reliable contractor to hack kitchen wall, wall tiles and

finish with cement wall.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Hii,

I am so happy to discovered this thread, may I have ah Cheong's contact? I am helping my brother to find a reliable contractor to hack kitchen wall, wall tiles and

finish with cement wall.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Hi please check ur mailbox for his contact number but kindly take note that his pricing isn't cheap becox of premium workmanship & services.

Best wishes.

Hi

Can I have Ah Cheong contact number pls.

Urgently need to demolish/renovate my kitchen and 2 toilets.

pls PM me...thanks

Regards

Jason

Hi, please check your mailbox for contact # of ah cheong.

Best wishes!

Hi, please check your mailbox for contact # of ah cheong.

Best wishes!

็้้้้้็็็Hi

edenstrauss

Thanks..

I have meet up with Cheong on site viewing this evening..waiting for quotation

thanks again

Regards

Jason

็้้้้้็็็Hi

edenstrauss

Thanks..

I have meet up with Cheong on site viewing this evening..waiting for quotation

thanks again

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for keeping me informed. :)

And he had responded to your request extremely fast!!! If u can get him to do it after cny, it's ideal becox he should be free as it is off peak period now.

Best wishes!

Hi edenstrauss,

Mind to also pm me ah Cheong contact?

Thanks in advance.

Hi please share briefly what u would like ah cheong to do becox he is selective with his assignments in view of tight work schedules.

Hey edenstrauss,

Like your detail sharing of the reno work.

If nothing goes wrong, I should be getting my Keys to my re-sale EA on mid May 2012.

During the viewing of the house, the condition was excellent, the flooring, cabinet etc was in excellent condition. (the current owner really takes excellent care of it.) Hence I intend to keep the flooring.

But due to the different in design & color scheme and the number of people that will be staying in the unit, I have plan to remove all fixtures in the house (including all buildin cabinet in kitchen & bed room, MBR toilet bathtub).

Hack most of the wall at the kitchen to form a open concept kitchen (actually so that I have more natural light + making the space bigger) ; p (but keeping all existing flooring). Cover-up the flooring (should be 13 years old ceramic tiles. Not too sure if can find back the same type to cover up the flooring after hacking the wall.

Not too sure if Ah Cheong does such job.

If he does, can email me his contact. Thanks (but will start work only mid-end May 2012.). my email : battle66@gmail.com

As I do my own design/space planning, meaning I will need to Project Manage all reno works, will need his expertise to see how to co-ordinate between all other job (also if he have his other regular kaki to intro, i.e. electrical work, piping & plumbing work).

Thanks

Hey edenstrauss,

Like your detail sharing of the reno work.

If nothing goes wrong, I should be getting my Keys to my re-sale EA on mid May 2012.

During the viewing of the house, the condition was excellent, the flooring, cabinet etc was in excellent condition. (the current owner really takes excellent care of it.) Hence I intend to keep the flooring.

But due to the different in design & color scheme and the number of people that will be staying in the unit, I have plan to remove all fixtures in the house (including all buildin cabinet in kitchen & bed room, MBR toilet bathtub).

Hack most of the wall at the kitchen to form a open concept kitchen (actually so that I have more natural light + making the space bigger) ; p (but keeping all existing flooring). Cover-up the flooring (should be 13 years old ceramic tiles. Not too sure if can find back the same type to cover up the flooring after hacking the wall.

Not too sure if Ah Cheong does such job.

If he does, can email me his contact. Thanks (but will start work only mid-end May 2012.). my email : battle66@gmail.com

As I do my own design/space planning, meaning I will need to Project Manage all reno works, will need his expertise to see how to co-ordinate between all other job (also if he have his other regular kaki to intro, i.e. electrical work, piping & plumbing work).

Thanks

Hi battle,

U need to source for your own ceramic tiles that could match closely to your existing tiles becox ah cheong doesn't source & supply tiles under such circumstances. He does

so only when clients are retiling the entire place or say toilets, kitchens.

In our case, we source for the replacement tiles on our own as we only require about 6 tiles but we ended up only requiring 2 tiles...

I can forward you ah cheong's contact number but I can only do so through your renotalk message box. I do not practice sending it through my personal email address.

Please let me know if you still require ah cheong's contacts becox he will not take up the assignment if you select ala-carte services by working with different contractors of your own.

If you agree to let him work on your assignment, he will be the main renovator supplying you with all your Reno requirements becox he does act as a main contractor with his own subcontractors working under him.

I will also recommend that you engage a renovator that you feel comfortable with in dealing with your Reno unless you r willing to bear the risk & be fully accountable for all your contractors when things go wrong.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi battle,

U need to source for your own ceramic tiles that could match closely to your existing tiles becox ah cheong doesn't source & supply tiles under such circumstances. He does

so only when clients are retiling the entire place or say toilets, kitchens.

In our case, we source for the replacement tiles on our own as we only require about 6 tiles but we ended up only requiring 2 tiles...

I can forward you ah cheong's contact number but I can only do so through your renotalk message box. I do not practice sending it through my personal email address.

Please let me know if you still require ah cheong's contacts becox he will not take up the assignment if you select ala-carte services by working with different contractors of your own.

If you agree to let him work on your assignment, he will be the main renovator supplying you with all your Reno requirements becox he does act as a main contractor with his own subcontractors working under him.

I will also recommend that you engage a renovator that you feel comfortable with in dealing with your Reno unless you r willing to bear the risk & be fully accountable for all your contractors when things go wrong.

Hey edenstrauss,

Thanks for your advice. Sounds good that he's the main contractor and supply all the rest.

But as I plan to keep within $45K for all these :

- over 35 ft run of cabinets in the kitchen, hacking of kitchen walls w Granite top (30 ft run)

- 1 toilet

- rewire whole house (37 power point)

- 27 lighting points (meaning 27 light switch)

- all lights (won't go after $XXX type, hence to keep within budget)

- replace water pipe + plumbing work

- removal of all existing build in cabinets

Not too sure if I am having a realistic budge. Just started to talk to some IDs (specifying that I only need their reno, contractor etc, I have already do up my own floor plan with measurement etc. Have not get any quotes yet.

Thanks for sharing ; )