Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest todbee

Can Renovation Start During Chinese Ghost Month?

Guest todbee

Hello there,

I'll collect key on 1/8 and intend to start renovation for my rented shop space from 1/8 onwards. Then knowing 1/8 is just the beginning of the chinese ghost month.

Does anyone knows that can the reno(动土) start during that period or better to avoid?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello there,

I'll collect key on 1/8 and intend to start renovation for my rented shop space from 1/8 onwards. Then knowing 1/8 is just the beginning of the chinese ghost month.

Does anyone knows that can the reno(动土) start during that period or better to avoid?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm same situation as you. I'm proceeding with it as I think it's ok to renovate during 7th month, but not stay there until it's over. But I'll still choose a good date to start off the renovation and then a good date to move in.

Hello there,

Please advice.

Thanks.

Feng shui has nothing to do with Chinese ghost month. In fact, date selection for moving house, getting married, opening a new shop or office, start new job etc does not preclude a date that falls within Chinese ghost month.

Chinese ghost month is a Taoist belief. Feng shui is not.

The only thing you have to watch out for is the annual 5 Yellow Star which is in the East sector in 2011. Closing a good date to hack or drill in this sector would be advisable.

If you have already hacked or drilled the East sector, the bad effects cant be reversed but would taper off by end of this year.

Feng shui has nothing to do with Chinese ghost month. In fact, date selection for moving house, getting married, opening a new shop or office, start new job etc does not preclude a date that falls within Chinese ghost month.

Chinese ghost month is a Taoist belief. Feng shui is not.

The only thing you have to watch out for is the annual 5 Yellow Star which is in the East sector in 2011. Closing a good date to hack or drill in this sector would be advisable.

If you have already hacked or drilled the East sector, the bad effects cant be reversed but would taper off by end of this year.

Dear Jialuck,

What kind of bad effects? How bad could it become?

TIA!

Dear Jialuck,

What kind of bad effects? How bad could it become?

TIA!

It could come in the form of road accident, loss of money, legal suit etc.

Could be anything from bad to very bad.

It could come in the form of road accident, loss of money, legal suit etc.

Could be anything from bad to very bad.

身体坏可以医,脑子坏没得医。