Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ppzzyy11

Kitchen Cabinet - What Is Abs Trimming & How To Rectify Poor Workmanship? Tks

Hi,

We started our renovation project in end Mar and are still in the midst of renovation.

Once all is done, we will do a T-blog.

In the meantime, can u advice us what is ABS trimming?

In addition, kitchen cabinet's workmanship is poor. Can you advice how should we should ask ID to rectify?

As in, they need to change the laminate(?), to just use 'white paste' and seal the gap (is this permanent??) or how should they rectify???

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Thank you very much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Symphony, sorry, I don't understand. Can you elaborate further? I tried looking for ABS trimming pictures online but to no avail.

I met up with the ID and he said yes, that is ABS trimming but to me, this ABS trimming is so different from the ABS trimming I had in my 1st home. But I do not know how to point out clearly why I don't think what he gave me isn't ABS trimming. Nor do I want to insist I am right when I could be wrong. Headache!

For the cabinets' door, ID told me he would rectify it. I don't know how he will rectify but have emphasized strongly that I don't want to see 'white paste' at the edge which is what I am seeing now.

Edited by Ppzzyy11

Hey Ppzzyy11, mind PM me your ID ?

Tks.

Hi,

We started our renovation project in end Mar and are still in the midst of renovation.

Once all is done, we will do a T-blog.

In the meantime, can u advice us what is ABS trimming?

In addition, kitchen cabinet's workmanship is poor. Can you advice how should we should ask ID to rectify?

As in, they need to change the laminate(?), to just use 'white paste' and seal the gap (is this permanent??) or how should they rectify???

Thank you very much.

Hi Symphony, sorry, I don't understand. Can you elaborate further? I tried looking for ABS trimming pictures online but to no avail.

I met up with the ID and he said yes, that is ABS trimming but to me, this ABS trimming is so different from the ABS trimming I had in my 1st home. But I do not know how to point out clearly why I don't think what he gave me isn't ABS trimming. Nor do I want to insist I am right when I could be wrong. Headache!

For the cabinets' door, ID told me he would rectify it. I don't know how he will rectify but have emphasized strongly that I don't want to see 'white paste' at the edge which is what I am seeing now.

Ok this is what I found out from someone in the woodworking line. According to him, proper abs edging to panels requires the use of "edgebanding machine" which apply hot-melt glue and at the same time trim the abs edging to fit the thickness of the panel. In your case, there is the possibility that the edging was done manually with the standard glue, which should explain the excessive glue and the rounded edge. Maybe this is the information you seek.

Symphony, thank you very much for your great help.

I told the ID exactly what you said and lets see what he will do on the ABS trimming. Prior to the info from you, he has agreed to rectify the cabinet's doors. Hopefully, they can do a good job with the lamination and the ABS trimming.

Thanks once again

hi lately i done up my kitchen cabinet..

can anyone advise me it is the standard practise to put woods in between the slab & kitchen cabinet & leave a gap in between. I don't know how to insert the photo i took...

any guide?