Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
watchthewaves

Window Glass - Clear Or Tinted?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Would like to hear whether you chose clear or tinted glass, and the reason for your choice. Thanks.

Go for double glazed if you are planning to intall those large glass windows. Otherwise, it would be very hot especially when yours is an inter-terrace.

As for clear of tinted glass, I prefer slightly tinted. This is really individual preferance.

Cheers!

Are there degrees of tint? I thought was tint or clear only.

Your concern with the heat is it because of lack of air flow, so heat trapped inside the house, is it?

Not sure about degree of tinting. It can be very slight tint or darker. You can check with your contractor and get him to deliver what you want. Unless you have lots of exhaust fans or powerful air-conditioner, it is not easy to get rid of the heat trapped by big glass windows or cool down the house. Alternatively, you can construct sunshades if you don't have double glazed windows.

From my friends who have large glass windows for inter-terrace, at best it looks aesthetic, depending on individual taste. The flip side is the heat, unless you like the hot dessert temperature feeling. I was told that parquet can also de-colourise faster. If you are used to using the air-con whole day, I think it doesn't matter whether you do large glass or smaller glass window. Your room can be as cooling as the temperature that you set.