Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Since it's the GSS weekend, we were really busy over the weekend and bought these:

3 seater sofa (but in black)

86e36f0623a34d5ab450c858e3b90bf8.jpg

Extendable dining table (usual 90x160cm, extends to 220 cm)

Callligaris_CS4058-LL160_03.jpg

omnia_01.jpg

tavolo-omnia-2-20100621-161621.jpg

Oh ya, there is a sexy demo for the table: ;)

[to be continued...]

Haha, I am back after being so busy for the past few weeks. Btw, where did you see this sofa? How much the cost?

Cheers:) emobebe

Edited by emobebe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haha, I am back after being so busy for the past few weeks. Btw, where did you see this sofa? How much the cost?

Cheers:) emobebe

Hi Emobebe, the sofa is from XZQT. Only black or white available cos it's stock clearance. Will PM u the cost.

very cool ... guess price must be >$3000?

Hi Jjames, I guess you are referring to the table? It's less than 3K. Will PM u the cost.

Anyone needs some Brabantia?

The 10L bin has soft close function! Happy with my loots. :sport-smiley-004:

photo.jpg

from personal experience in my current place - as long as the items are worth the price, it doesnt hurt to pay more initially within our means cos it will all work out to be more economical and practical in the long run and pay for itself.

eg. in 8 years, we've had to change 2-3 washing machines and we didnt even stinge on them; bosch, fisher & paykel (or something similar) and finally the brandt is still (barely) holding up so we've gone and upgraded to the miele package for the new place and they better be worth it or else we would be :curse: !

I buy things that I like regardless of price but I tend to get tired of them after a few years, including furnitures & appliances. :lol::huh:

Hi Emobebe, the sofa is from XZQT. Only black or white available cos it's stock clearance. Will PM u the cost.

Hi Jjames, I guess you are referring to the table? It's less than 3K. Will PM u the cost.

Hey! Can PM me the cost too? I love the wood and the extendable function :dribble:http://

can't wait to see your final set up! :)

Love your GSS buys - can't wait to see how it all goes together - you do have impeccable (and expensive!) taste!

The couch is gorgeous - love the arm rests. Very cool indeed.

- Ely

I buy things that I like regardless of price but I tend to get tired of them after a few years, including furnitures & appliances. :lol::huh:

mae you rich mah!!!! thats why you need billionaire ah pek then can. bowdown.gif

mae you rich mah!!!! thats why you need billionaire ah pek then can. bowdown.gif

LOL, I'm not sure if I will get tired of the stuff I got, but for now I'm going for stuff that I hope will last... so most of them have a fairly simple and hopefully timeless look. Fingers crossed!

Me got no rich ah pek so cannot just buy stuff I like... so far got all my stuff during sale/special offers n not at usual retail price. :rolleyes:

Just curious, Mae-jie what do you do with the stuff you get tired of?

Hey! Can PM me the cost too? I love the wood and the extendable function :dribble:http://

can't wait to see your final set up! :)

PM sent. :)

Love your GSS buys - can't wait to see how it all goes together - you do have impeccable (and expensive!) taste!

The couch is gorgeous - love the arm rests. Very cool indeed.

- Ely

Thanks Ely! I do worry about how they'll all go together, but so far my IDs seem to approve of the stuff I've bought. Mabbe I should put all the stuff I've got so far into a "moodboard" and see what it looks like. :P

Anyone knows of an easy to use program (that's free!) that I can use to create moodboards?

TIA! :yamseng:

Congrats on getting your keys yesterday. Your reno starts ....:)

Oh thanks! Awwwww... you remembered. :wub:

Actually don't really feel like it's my place yet, cos I don't have the keys. My sellers haven't moved out. :sad:

But good news is submissions tomorrow, then I will see if I should start haunting my HDB officer. My Dehtm power not that good, so may backfire if I call lor. :P;):help:

Loads of hacking so PE endorsement needed... 2 walls downstairs and 2 upstairs. Fingers n toes crossed!

Thanks Ely! I do worry about how they'll all go together, but so far my IDs seem to approve of the stuff I've bought. Mabbe I should put all the stuff I've got so far into a "moodboard" and see what it looks like. :P

Anyone knows of an easy to use program (that's free!) that I can use to create moodboards?

TIA! :yamseng:

Don't worry Adi, it'll all fall together with your impeccable taste. I simply use Word or Photoshop then convert to pdf (though that's not "free" but there's always ways to get it free - won't elaborate on that part :P)

It's great that your ID is on the same wavelength with you - mine didn't agree with my taste but I didn't care anyway, I simply explained what I wanted and he made it happen without the fancy 3Ds.

- Ely

Hey, I received a couple of PMs, so first of all, thanks to everyone who likes them. :)

Think I should just post that the Domicil Butterfly sofa n Calligaris Omnia table were bought from XZQT Ion Orchard. SO n I kinda like the salesperson who served us, Haznul - quite helpful. If you go down do let him know it's rec by the couple who bought the sofa n table over the weekend. :)

The exact walnut veneer 160x90cm table is displayed at the XZQT Kaki Bukit showroom (assuming not moved or sold - so you can go n have a look) but you can get an extra 7.5% discount from the Ion Orchard store by using an Amex card (some Amex promo at Ion). If you have a big space, you can go for the 180x100cm version (displayed in the Pandan Crescent showroom).

As for the sofa, it's an XZQT stock clearance as I'd mentioned earlier - either the 3S or 2.5S is available. No further discount (i.e. no Amex offer). But note that the 3S probably can't fit into the lift, and XZQT charges "carry up" charges at $20/floor. 2.5S probably can tho.

Since I couldn't find a pic of the black sofa, here's the photoshopped one:

domicil-butterfly_edit2.jpg

As usual, more info n pics in my wordpress blog: :)

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com

Edited by adidaem

totally wouldnt recommend you to get these from ikea! my besta stuff is all sagging and they are less than 2 years old but they were a temporary fix for our current place. i would urge you to have a look at bo concept in paragon, similar to ikea (i wonder who copies who) but of course with better workmanship, feel, look and price :notti: their staff are really friendly too :good: but i dont know how their furniture would stand up to the real world cos i've just come across them myself.

Hey Sleek, I went to Bo Concept the other day and totally don't rec that you get shelves or tables from there. If you check the materials used... "our board furniture is mainly made of particle board. However, MDF (medium density fibreboard) is primarily used for furniture with organic shapes". I went to check out this extendable walnut veneer table and it was shedding wood chips (shudder...). Imagine the condition after 2 or 3 years of heavy use. And at 1.6K, it's not cheap too. Like paying double for Ikea standard.

OC-S-F-WA-1720-1670-OUT.JPG

Edited by adidaem

Help! I can't decide on my dining chair colours... black or white or some other shade?

Was going to go for white, since my house is pretty much mostly white (dunno if that makes sense) plus figured it'll make my table stand out more, but then since my sofa is black, then thought that perhaps having black chairs would give some continuation of colour n theme to the whole of L1 (black n walnut - my console is in walnut too)? Or is that really boring? Or even more boring just to have white chairs, floor and walls? :bangwall:

Haven't had time to create my mood board yet, to show the colours n examples...

The colours

eames_dsr_chair-colors2.jpg

Colour chart

eames_dsr_chair-colors-chart.jpg

Black

eames_dsw_black.jpg

White

eames_dsr_table1.jpg

Multi-Coloured

eames_dsr_table4.jpg

Any comments most appreciated. This colour thing is really troubling me. :bangwall::bleah::dunno:

Hey Sleek, I went to Bo Concept the other day and totally don't rec that you get shelves or tables from there. If you check the materials used... "our board furniture is mainly made of particle board. However, MDF (medium density fibreboard) is primarily used for furniture with organic shapes". I went to check out this extendable walnut veneer table and it was shedding wood chips (shudder...). Imagine the condition after 2 or 3 years of heavy use. And at 1.6K, it's not cheap too. Like paying double for Ikea standard.

OC-S-F-WA-1720-1670-OUT.JPG

thank you sweetheart! i have been reconsidering it after seeing that on the website myself...hahaha oh well, have to search again then.