Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Remind me of my story, i used to collect star wars & spawn figurines, all mint in boxes, stored them in carton boxes neatly tucked in my room, been keeping it since i was in primary school.

After i got married, got a house, i wanted to transfer the boxes to new place..went back home. Cant find my boxes, searched. The whole house, called my mum who went out earlier.

Mum, where the boxes i kept in my room...

Mum: ohh, i took out the figurines & models from the boxes coz they occupied alot of space, boxes have been thrown, the figurines & models are in a big black thrash bag in the store room.

Filled with fury, lucky was my mum..i could have killed any body else... :furious:

By then i no mood to keep alreay. I gave away all the toys..

You should have told her that someday they would be worth a fortune if they are in pristine condition. She wouldn't have even dared to breathe on them after that! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh ya, forgot one important point my contractor mentioned today... he told us that our direct neighbours are nice people. Despite the noise and dust they've had to put up with, they never really complain. He'd mentioned that his other clients' neighbours can end up quarrelling with the owners, so I think we are lucky to have nice neighbours.

Gotta remember to thank them when the reno is over. :thumbs up:

Oh ya, forgot one important point my contractor mentioned today... he told us that our direct neighbours are nice people. Despite the noise and dust they've had to put up with, they never really complain. He'd mentioned that his other clients' neighbours can end up quarrelling with the owners, so I think we are lucky to have nice neighbours.

Thats great to hear abt nice neighbours.

I remembered during my reno, the day before the hacking,

I bought bengawan solo kuehs for my direct neighbour below n

all neighbours on my floor. Heng only 4 families. Hehe.

Maybe my kuehs really worked cos they were all very nice to me despite my reno dragging

for quite some time. And i heard a fair share of gossips from them as well!

Ok, to be fair about the whole incident, my ID explained that the charges are higher due to concealed wirings/switches. So as I understand from reading other RT threads, concealed points are more expensive than non-concealed ones. Any experts to help clarify?

I also took the chance to look around the electricals in the apartment today and it's true that many of the switches are concealed in false walls/panels or in carpentry. The electricals VO is still not resolved, but I don't feel as upset. At least I think I can sleep better tonight lor. Unlike the last few days. :P

Mine place got alot of concealed switches in false walls n carpentry but that doesn't add to the electrical bills but to your false wall bills. It should not be more work as when they are running the cables, the just run loose. Unless u are saying they have to hack into walls and make good of the wall which for hdb is illegal. Just how i think it works for my case at least.

I am praying mine will be as tolerant ...

Regarding the wiring - it scares me leh ... I have not asked for any quotation yet - I was looking at 2K - looks like I have to revise projected cost for electrical work

Only a few more days till completion, so I think I'll just post completed pics so spare you the incomplete mess. Have promised to let my IDs take pre- and post-furniture pics.

ID sent me this pic today. Grills up!

photo.jpg

Almost forgot - the lock will change. Think my IDs cannot take how ugly and protruding the grill lock is... so when she sent me the pic and she also quickly added that the lock will change. :D

Anyone got suggestions on a nice and simple doorbell? We just need the 'ding dong' sound (traditional huh?!). But design of the button and sound box must be either plain to the point of being unnoticeable or got some nice design. Help anyone?

Edited by adidaem

I am praying mine will be as tolerant ...

Regarding the wiring - it scares me leh ... I have not asked for any quotation yet - I was looking at 2K - looks like I have to revise projected cost for electrical work

Think at least double lor... Good luck with your reno.

Btw in the pic above, the "wall" where the switches are on is a false wall... that's why no protruding wires or box for the switch.

Only a few more days till completion, so I think I'll just post completed pics so spare you the incomplete mess. Have promised to let my IDs take pre- and post-furniture pics.

ID sent me this pic today. Grills up!

photo.jpg

Almost forgot - the lock will change. Think my IDs cannot take how ugly and protruding the grill lock is... so when she sent me the pic and she also quickly added that the lock will change. :D

Anyone got suggestions on a nice and simple doorbell? We just need the 'ding dong' sound (traditional huh?!). But design of the button and sound box must be either plain to the point of being unnoticeable or got some nice design. Help anyone?

Thats fast!!! Completion coming heart sure beat **** fast lor. But i am sure all sure swee swee de la. Congrats in advance wor.

having a fan at the balcony will be very nice..but when it comes to cleaning...hmm seems scary coz the height is so high! heee

Agree with joyous, it may be nice to have a ceiling fan in the balcony, it going to be a challenge for the one who is cleaning it..... That's what it stopping me to install it.

having a fan at the balcony will be very nice..but when it comes to cleaning...hmm seems scary coz the height is so high! heee

Agree with joyous, it may be nice to have a ceiling fan in the balcony, it going to be a challenge for the one who is cleaning it..... That's what is stopping me to install it.

Edited by potatoes

Looks like everything is shaping up.

Congratulations and good luck on your move! Can't wait to see the pics.

JS

Thats fast!!! Completion coming heart sure beat **** fast lor. But i am sure all sure swee swee de la. Congrats in advance wor.

Thanks JS & BB! Yep, just went on-site this afternoon and can see the design/feel coming along now that most of the carpentry are installed. Can't wait for the reno to be completed too! :sport-smiley-004:

Photos embargo till the reno is done! :rolleyes:

Agree with joyous, it may be nice to have a ceiling fan in the balcony, it going to be a challenge for the one who is cleaning it..... That's what it stopping me to install it.

It's really not too bad. Cos we intend/need to get a tall ladder for the wall lights anyway, so if we do need to clean the fan, we'll just stand near the inside/furthest from the balcony opening so it's not that scary. The fan rod is 2.5m long btw.

Realised that it's nice as a feature as well cos it draws attention away from the 2 compressors and all the ugly pipes/casings in the balcony. Plus good for non-windy days, and for gatherings/drinking beer in the balcony. :yamseng:

Btw, fans of Bludot, Established & Sons or Pomelo... I just popped by Pomelo this afternoon and the coming shipment of Established & Sons will be delayed till after the Presidential voting weekend. Bludot shipment is in early-Sep so by mid-Sep the showroom should be full of nice new stuff to drool over.

Is the planned outing still on?

Hey wanna share that we finally found our guest bathroom mirror, and it's a fairly surprising choice I think. If you are interested to read the whole long story of why we got it and where from, do pop by HERE.

ung-drill-mirror.jpg

Nice? It just amuses me lor. :P:lol::sport-smiley-018:

Btw, fans of Bludot, Established & Sons or Pomelo... I just popped by Pomelo this afternoon and the coming shipment of Established & Sons will be delayed till after the Presidential voting weekend. Bludot shipment is in early-Sep so by mid-Sep the showroom should be full of nice new stuff to drool over.

Is the planned outing still on?

Hahaha, anything caught your eye recently?

My bludot items are in the early-Sep shipment... :) And I am still lemming after Heidi.