Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Ok, that's all for this weekend. Hope you like the photos folks. :)

The blurry ones are mine of course (the clear ones r from my IDs). :P

Think a few more areas and features like the door/grills and the 'open feeling' that the window and open balcony gives that I can share, but another day cos it's bedtime... (yawnz)

As for decoration, am still thinking about clocks, paintings/art but think we'll take our time to slowly accumulate stuff. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Adidaem, congrats on your completion and smooth moving in. Your place looks really nice and spacious.... gives one a very relax feeling :) I m also looking forward to completion but at the same time worried about packing and unpacking :(

Thanks Potatoes. Have been silently lurking on your T-Blog. Jia you k? Packing and unpacking is really a nightmare. At one stage I just decided to throw as much as I can so we don't have to pack/move the stuff. My SO made 2 trips to the Salvation Army just for my old wardrobe/clothes! :P

Everything looks good ... gonna miss all your postings and updates once your reno work is complete. Hope you'll stick around just a bit longer at reno-talk and not disappear totally ...

Study:

img_5439.jpg

View from study glass panel:

img_5386.jpg

More pics and stuff to read HERE.

Everything looks good ... gonna miss all your postings and updates once your reno work is complete. Hope you'll stick around just a bit longer at reno-talk and not disappear totally ...

Thanks Renmapiao, based on what I see, eventually newer and more interesting reno come around and we go into the archive section... not sure if people still wanna read my ramblings but I'll probably keep my wordpress for a while. Posting is really easier there cos can upload pics directly etc.

I'll certainly be lurking for a while I guess.

Was just updating my latest toys on wordpress...

shopping.jpg

Shiny German cookware and cutlery! Yay! :dancingqueen:

Inspired us to go to the supermarket and grab a trolley of unhealthy food like instant noodles and luncheon meat. Haha. :rolleyes:

Agree with Renmapiao. It's one of the best design I seen in reno tblog.... Great inspiration ;)

Your EM looks so good. Even though it has nothing to do with me but I still feel happy looking at the pictures...especially the bright and beautiful kitchen (coz my life revolves around it!). Well done! :yamseng:

Hi adidaem,

I think you and your ID really delivered! Your renovation progress was well documented and the journey in your t-blog and blog was a pleasure to read.

You've managed to make the space look comfortable and expensive at the same time.

You and your SO should be very proud of yourselves!

Agree with Renmapiao. It's one of the best design I seen in reno tblog.... Great inspiration ;)

Your EM looks so good. Even though it has nothing to do with me but I still feel happy looking at the pictures...especially the bright and beautiful kitchen (coz my life revolves around it!). Well done! :yamseng:

wow the finished reno is very nice!!! finally!! congrats to such a nice EM!! your location is very good too!

Hi adidaem,

I think you and your ID really delivered! Your renovation progress was well documented and the journey in your t-blog and blog was a pleasure to read.

You've managed to make the space look comfortable and expensive at the same time.

You and your SO should be very proud of yourselves!

Thanks Potatoes, Incubator, Joyous & JS for your kind compliments! A large part of the credit has to go to my IDs and contractor for making the place look good. But I'll take some credit for the furniture selection which my IDs and contractor said "passed". :P Haha. So stressful like taking exam like that. I assume they are not merely being polite. :D

Hi Incubator - thanks! The kitchen is a huge change from the previously dark and cramped one with cowboy doors. We have a tendency to throw rubbish on the counter tho cos we don't cook. Gotta clean up before my contractor visits tmr. LOL. Still not sure how it'll be if we cook oily stuff with the open concept kitchen, but we did get a airfryer (another nice housewarming gift!) so hope that helps. ;) Will update if the giant hood works if I ever get around to cooking (we don't even have oil, pepper, salt, rice, soy sauce, etc yet! Oops...).

Potatoes and Joyous, time for you both to showcase your reno too right? :sport-smiley-004:

Hi JS, awww... :wub:

SO and I are happy and relieved that the reno turned out nice (tho we are extremely extremely broke). And I really need to get around to unpacking. 8|8|8|

Edited by adidaem

I am very impressed by your entire bog of your reno. I am also very keen in engaging your ID too. I have also spoken to her. She sound very sincere and honest person. will you share with me how much you spent in your reno? Who is the contractor you used to? How his workmanship ? Thanks!

Who is the contractor you used to? How his workmanship ? Thanks!

Actually I asked my contractor, and he doesn't want to be 'publicized', so I respect that and won't mention his or his company's name. He actually does mostly design & build (cos he's architect trained!!) and hardly any 'build' projects.

The workmanship is mostly ok... but he subs the work out anyway. So some of the sub-cons are better than the others. E.g. carpentry is fairly good and Pang Giap is really lousy...

I believe Ai Hwa & Hari will source for contractor if you don't have one that you prefer.

Actually I asked my contractor, and he doesn't want to be 'publicized', so I respect that and won't mention his or his company's name. He actually does mostly design & build (cos he's architect trained!!) and hardly any 'build' projects.

The workmanship is mostly ok... but he subs the work out anyway. So some of the sub-cons are better than the others. E.g. carpentry is fairly good and Pang Giap is really lousy...

I believe Ai Hwa & Hari will source for contractor if you don't have one that you prefer.

Thanks for the fast reply. Btw you used your own contractor? Possible to share your costs?

Thanks for the fast reply. Btw you used your own contractor? Possible to share your costs?

Nope I used the contractor they recommended. We thought it's easier... plus we didn't have a 'regular' contractor anyway.

Think u shd hv gotten my PM but anyways, mind sharing what u plan on doing for your place/size and the location/floorplan?

Edited by adidaem