Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Hi Adi.

you know what?! I try... I try with my mind to unpack but the **** heart is weak...Unpacking definately takes time and mood ;p We've only just finish restoring the study room's table after 3 weeks of purchasing it ;p

I've still got the little vintage typing table to go so our study room is still UNDONE @@ wahahahahahaha....

As for the idiots who copied yr place... well... lets say they can copy yr design, but they CAN"T copy a person's style... i can picture them with a home like yrs but it being furnished with furniture of bad taste. :furious:

Do chk bk on their hse and let us know how it's furnished k? *EVIL LAUGHTER! 8|

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow! Even light switches are positioned the same! This is some serious copying man! Feel so sorry for you.

:(

Thankfully not all the switches. Nvm lar... also cos HDB layout all the same right?

lol Brought over as requested =)

DAMM!! That is outright outrageous!! Some ppl just store the brain in the freezer and resort to low and sly means... He should at least ask for your permission.

My carpenter also did the same thing! He let someone from my estate in Jade Spring into my place without seeking our permission.... I later told my ID about it. At least my ID ask me if its alright that he can bring some ppl for viewing.

Also it leads to my next question, How did you found out!?!? Did he also posted in this forum? @@

BTW I just notice the Vivenne Tam HP netbook!

I gave the long winded answer to your question a few posts above. :P

But how did you find out that your carpenter let people in?

And you have really sharp eyes! Yep, that's a Vivenne Tam HP netbook.

oh disposable ones ah?? more handy and convenient but not very green wor!!

hahaaaa u can try that then!! let me know if it works...haha

I know! Not nice to be so ungreen. But I really haven't found any coffee cups that I love.

Will update here if it works! But now I'm a Totts member so I get discounts at Totts anyway. :)

Hi Adi.

you know what?! I try... I try with my mind to unpack but the **** heart is weak...Unpacking definately takes time and mood ;p We've only just finish restoring the study room's table after 3 weeks of purchasing it ;p

I've still got the little vintage typing table to go so our study room is still UNDONE @@ wahahahahahaha....

As for the idiots who copied yr place... well... lets say they can copy yr design, but they CAN"T copy a person's style... i can picture them with a home like yrs but it being furnished with furniture of bad taste. :furious:

Do chk bk on their hse and let us know how it's furnished k? *EVIL LAUGHTER! 8|

I totally get what you mean about the heart is weak. I'm so lazy... gahhh... but sounds like more lovely pics when you are done right? Looking forward!

I'll share some pics this weekend and you guys can judge. Am sure the place will look different lar. In the 1st place very few would knock down so many walls like us. They only whacked the kitchen-to-living room one. So their kitchen felt much more cramped.

Not sure if I can snoop cos they seemed to have moved in... :furious:

But thanks for your kind thoughts. *beam* :yamseng:

Edited by adidaem

I read also I damm dulan! With his snobbish attitude and bulletproof skin... I guess its hard for ya to "swallow it down"..

Since we are already sharing our ideas and problems we had faced. I hope others would chance upon this so that they can learn by avoiding those issues and that it is very naughty to go other peoples' place without seeking permission. Guess a good lesson for future homeowners is to get their ID to inform all carpenter/tiler/electrician/worker not to let anyone else in. Maybe can ask them to shout at anyone intending to come into the house > HALT!!! Rifle over head! What is the Password!?!?! :P

But then, some carpenters are the culprits who brought people into their client's place to showcase their work/workmanship for their own gain... :angry2:

Cheer up, at least he got taste to copy yours! :jammin:lol

Adi, I cldn't believe there's such shamless people around. I also super angry after reading it. Think it were to happen to me, I will self invite myself to the shamless guy's hse and make loud comments like 'wah... U copied my hse huh? Y don't replicate everything... The switch here look funny leh... '

Another type of people I cannot stand r those who told IDs that they didn't take up their service cos they don't like the designs and concept. But real reason is due to price. Then they will go to another ID who can do it at a cheaper price and replicate the design which they claimed that is not to their liking! Come on, just be truthful loh. I can't understand why it is so hard to tell the ID that it's due to $$$ that he can't engage his service. Stealing one's idea is also another form of theft.

I read also I damm dulan! With his snobbish attitude and bulletproof skin... I guess its hard for ya to "swallow it down"..

Since we are already sharing our ideas and problems we had faced. I hope others would chance upon this so that they can learn by avoiding those issues and that it is very naughty to go other peoples' place without seeking permission. Guess a good lesson for future homeowners is to get their ID to inform all carpenter/tiler/electrician/worker not to let anyone else in. Maybe can ask them to shout at anyone intending to come into the house > HALT!!! Rifle over head! What is the Password!?!?! :P

But then, some carpenters are the culprits who brought people into their client's place to showcase their work/workmanship for their own gain... :angry2:

Cheer up, at least he got taste to copy yours! :jammin:lol

Defelio, that is a good thought. Those who are still renovating, do let your IDs and contractors know not to let people into your place and especially not to take photos!!! 8|8|8|

Adi, I cldn't believe there's such shamless people around. I also super angry after reading it. Think it were to happen to me, I will self invite myself to the shamless guy's hse and make loud comments like 'wah... U copied my hse huh? Y don't replicate everything... The switch here look funny leh... '

Another type of people I cannot stand r those who told IDs that they didn't take up their service cos they don't like the designs and concept. But real reason is due to price. Then they will go to another ID who can do it at a cheaper price and replicate the design which they claimed that is not to their liking! Come on, just be truthful loh. I can't understand why it is so hard to tell the ID that it's due to $$$ that he can't engage his service. Stealing one's idea is also another form of theft.

Haha, maybe I will do that when my SO is back. As for stealing ideas... haiz, some people are shameless.

Ok, some pics as promised. They only whacked one of the 4 walls that we did, so of course the place isn't a replica. But the use of white carpentry and black toilets is enough to make me think that they copied more than the usual people. Just some of the more telling areas:

They whacked the wall between the hall and kitchen:

hall-n-kitchen.jpg

The stairs looks like mine during construction, but it's from the neighbours...

stairs.jpg

MBR light switch in the same place....

switches.jpg

Utility cabinet: tick. White carpentry: tick. Same location: tick. Only thing missing is that they don't have a dryer.

utility1.jpg

unauthorised entry to ur place?

is tat even legal?

if u lose things during that period, they may be the culprit as well.

Edited by dinobros

unauthorised entry to ur place?

is tat even legal?

if u lose things during that period, they may be the culprit as well.

Haha, considering that I did a tit for tat and went to their place. Consider it even lor. I'm more upset with stolen ideas since I didn't lose anything physical.

Hi adi..

I know ur using the same exact tv as mine samsung 55 inch led tv D7000.

Do you have similar problem?

1 month after installation, tv broke down, keep auto on & off...

kpkb, bang table, samsung replace a new one for me..

less than 2 weeks, same thing happen.

Called them juz nw, they say will replace panel tomorrow.

According to them is the LED panel spoil..i dunno isit coz i misuse or juz the fcukin product is a big lemon.

TV lightly use, weekday evening - 1 to 2 hours, wkends - 3-4hours per day. Really dunno why. Im so getting extended warranty.

Hi adi..

I know ur using the same exact tv as mine samsung 55 inch led tv D7000.

Do you have similar problem?

1 month after installation, tv broke down, keep auto on & off...

kpkb, bang table, samsung replace a new one for me..

less than 2 weeks, same thing happen.

Called them juz nw, they say will replace panel tomorrow.

According to them is the LED panel spoil..i dunno isit coz i misuse or juz the fcukin product is a big lemon.

TV lightly use, weekday evening - 1 to 2 hours, wkends - 3-4hours per day. Really dunno why. Im so getting extended warranty.

Hmm, no problem with the TV or any auto on/off issue. I use weekdays mabbe 1-3 hrs, weekends pretty intensively (I run it in the background as white noise). I know they have a sleep function after certain hours of inactivity but that doesn't bother me. I did get extended 5 yr warranty but std warranty is 3 yr right?

Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope the next set dun cause you any more inconvenience.

Hurray, finally finished my before & after pics. Here's a preview:

before-after-preview.jpg

Click on links below to see more:

Hey, you should also add this to your first post =) As it's quite hard for others to always to find the photos of the completed reno in the whole thread. :yamseng:

Defelio, that is a good thought. Those who are still renovating, do let your IDs and contractors know not to let people into your place and especially not to take photos!!! 8|8|8|

Haha, maybe I will do that when my SO is back. As for stealing ideas... haiz, some people are shameless.

Ok, some pics as promised. They only whacked one of the 4 walls that we did, so of course the place isn't a replica. But the use of white carpentry and black toilets is enough to make me think that they copied more than the usual people. Just some of the more telling areas:

They whacked the wall between the hall and kitchen:

hall-n-kitchen.jpg

The stairs looks like mine during construction, but it's from the neighbours...

stairs.jpg

MBR light switch in the same place....

switches.jpg

Utility cabinet: tick. White carpentry: tick. Same location: tick. Only thing missing is that they don't have a dryer.

utility1.jpg

Then they make the shelf for what? Washing machine and dryer on top like yours right? Sorry, how ya know they not getting dryer?

Hello!

Your Norm3 looks good! Can i ask what's the diameter, is the size ok for your table width? Love it!

Finally bought a cheap dining room lamp that needs some DIY. It's the Normann Norm 03 lamp that looks like this:

normann-norm-03-02.jpg

I was keen on the Norm 06 lamp initially, but then SO prefers the Norm 03 plus I thought maybe quite interesting to see the patterns on the ceiling (not sure how long before I get sick of it tho!). :rolleyes:

normann-norm-03-04.jpg

I've included more pics, info and the instructional video on how to assemble the lamp HERE if anyone is interested. :)

Hi Adidaem,

Just read thru your wordpress & found the answer related to my question.

Size

Width 53 cm

Height 32 cm

Weight 1,3 kg

The width definitely look bigger than 53cm from the pictures...once again, luv ur hse!

Hello!

Your Norm3 looks good! Can i ask what's the diameter, is the size ok for your table width? Love it!

Hello!

Hi Adidaem,

Just read thru your wordpress & found the answer related to my question.

Size

Width 53 cm

Height 32 cm

Weight 1,3 kg

The width definitely look bigger than 53cm from the pictures...once again, luv ur hse!

Haha, I was just going thru my posts to quote when I saw u answered urself. Anyway have a look at the pics to see if the size is ok. Looks fine to me. My table is 90 cm in width btw. Just make sure you get the right one. Mine is a small. I've seen the bigger one in real life and it's very much bigger.

Yep, also think my WP blog is way easier to look for info. Do have a look at the WP blog cos most info can be found there.

I've included more pics, info and the instructional video on how to assemble the lamp HERE if anyone is interested. :)

I have to say... my photos don't do justice to the actual lighting... but hope you can still get a feel of why I like the Norm 03 lamp so much. Pretty patterns eh? :)

dining-2.jpg

dining.jpg

dining-5.jpg

dining-4.jpg