Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

adidaem, you should consider adding that to your signature - do not PM me if you just want to know the cost of my renovation.

Ah thanks. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Done and in bold red.

Not to sound unfriendly towards the newcomers, but I've had a few enquiries regarding details about my renovation and/or cost, quotations and such like. Unlike others, my T-blog was only 2 pages long, and that information had been covered in the thread itself.

On good days, I don't mind repeating some of the information, on other days, I just wish they bothered to read it all, instead of skipping to the finished photographs and asking questions which have already been addressed......

I just visited some homes with loads of pictures hung using those 'art gallery' type of tracks. Suddenly feel inspired.

Not sure if anyone has installed those type of tracks at home? Do you have contacts for gallery track installers that you can recommend?

Also will appreciate a rough gauge for cost and any tips on things to look out for when buying or while installing tracks?

Thanks!

This type of tracks:

http://www.gallerysystem.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

steel_comps.jpg

Very very very nice!

I will keep your designs in mind for my total make-over of my EM when I decided to move back there to stay.

Thanks for sharing.

Very very very nice!

I will keep your designs in mind for my total make-over of my EM when I decided to move back there to stay.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for liking my place.

You can have a look at this post for other inspirations: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/maisonettes-featured-in-homedecor-magazine/

:)

Where did you fabricate your TV Console? This it made of solid wood? What is the material?

I am looking for someone to fabricate my kingsize bed frame.

Thanks.

Hi thanks all for your patience. I don't have time to play with the rest of the photos... so just one 1st k? Sorry for my crappy photo skills. My bro-in-law helped to take some that look way nicer.

I promise more when I finish moving. Gotta go back to packing. :(

preview.jpg

edit: Haha, post while taking short breaks from packing. Gotta motivate myself to continue. Stay tuned for more.

p1040967-e1314463769743.jpg

Hi Adidaem,

I have been seeing your T-blog many times over and over again really nice design! I recently got a Gen 2 EM too and is planning for some renovation work in 2 to 3 months time. 2 items that I hope you can share with me the cost.

1) The white handrail for your staircase
2) The roller Shutter in your balcony.

These are the 2 items that I will need to change and installed. But will like to know the cost before my contractor cut my throat...

PM me if you cannot share in your blog. Thanks

Hi Adidaem,

I have been seeing your T-blog many times over and over again really nice design! I recently got a Gen 2 EM too and is planning for some renovation work in 2 to 3 months time. 2 items that I hope you can share with me the cost.

1) The white handrail for your staircase

2) The roller Shutter in your balcony.

These are the 2 items that I will need to change and installed. But will like to know the cost before my contractor cut my throat...

PM me if you cannot share in your blog. Thanks

Thanks.

Don't have the breakdown for my rails from my ID... but with the benefit of hindsight I'll recommend powder coated rails which I didn't get. Shutters are around $3k.

You did your reno fairly recently... So fast move again? Must be doing well. :)

Thanks.

Don't have the breakdown for my rails from my ID... but with the benefit of hindsight I'll recommend powder coated rails which I didn't get. Shutters are around $3k.

You did your reno fairly recently... So fast move again? Must be doing well. :)

Hi Adidaem,

Thanks for the reply...

Yup, done the reno on my 4 rm about 3 years ago and actually have no intention to source for other unit.

Keep telling myself unless I see an EM for just the 2 blocks that I aiming then I will go for viewing. About a month plus ago seen this unit and both myself and wife kinda like it so decided after 1 viewing...

I doing very well...no lah, life is never easy for me as I am the sole bread winner in the family with kids of 2.

Will start my t-blog when nearer to reno stage...Cheers

Keep telling myself unless I see an EM for just the 2 blocks that I aiming then I will go for viewing. About a month plus ago seen this unit and both myself and wife kinda like it so decided after 1 viewing...

Just 2 blocks? Intriguing... Based on location or the design? Anyway with your experience this 2nd reno should be easier. Am guessing you know about the EM owners thread but if not do check it out.

The kids should be quite excited about the new place? Hope ur reno turns out well. :)

My eventual choice for study table 6 months after moving in:

study-desk.jpg

Read too many scary stories of MDF made furniture falling apart, plus I love the solid wood feel.

This is beautiful. Where did you get it from? I saw a similar one from Ethnicraft but this is just gorgeous.

This is beautiful. Where did you get it from? I saw a similar one from Ethnicraft but this is just gorgeous.

Air Division. Think got at 40% off. You can also have a look at Jotter Goods desk? Think quite lovely too. Would have been my choice if I didn't have my current desk. Read more here: (pics too) http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/jottergoods-at-star-furniture/

Heard of a contractor that has been showing my home pics and claiming to have done up my place.

My IDs are still In business but as far as I know MY CONTRACTOR NO LONGER DOES HOME RENO PROJECTS (he does commercial projects now). So any contractor who says he did my place is probably lying.

I haven't been active for a while on RT but I wanted folks to know that there are some con man going around...