Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Defelio,hows the progress?

sorry for not updating, been busy preparing for an event. Well my ID just What's App me this afternoon saying the wet works are completed. Initially I'll be meeting him and his carpenter and electrician tomorrow to discuss the works but his electrician SMS him saying he couldn't make it.. Took leave for it then like that..

I just bought 2 x one way gang socket box for the subwoofer point (RCA). Also bought an optic cable for opennet. I'm gonna lay this cable before opennet comes(ETA DEc 2011 - Feb 2012) as I dun wish to see so much expose trunking. I dun think it will be easy to pull the fiber optic cable if I'm gonna lay the conduit. Too much bends to pull it through.

defelio,

no need to say sorry lah, haha.

with your excellent choice of furnishings, I am just eager to see how it would look like. :)

Guyz, I would appreciate if you could provide some feedback between the two choices below as we can't decide which to choose :dunno: How bout the slanted edge for the drawers nice?

Darker wardrobes (black/grey)

MasterBedroomwatermark.jpg

Lighter wardrobes (white/grey) slanted drawers nice?

MasterBedroom21.jpg

Guyz, I would appreciate if you could provide some feedback between the two choices below as we can't decide which to choose :dunno: How bout the slanted edge for the drawers nice?

Darker wardrobes (black/grey)

MasterBedroomwatermark.jpg

Lighter wardrobes (white/grey) slanted drawers nice?

MasterBedroom21.jpg

Lower picture I think looks nicer and more modern but....

Quicker to look old fashioned, sharper lower edge may be dangerous for kiddies bumping in to it, can't move so close to the worktop, have to be further away from the worktop to open the draws as the slanted bottom will be closer to you.

Good luck :D.

RB

Lower picture I think looks nicer and more modern but....

Quicker to look old fashioned, sharper lower edge may be dangerous for kiddies bumping in to it, can't move so close to the worktop, have to be further away from the worktop to open the draws as the slanted bottom will be closer to you.

Good luck :D.

RB

Wah! So the lighter one ah? Ya it will take up space also..

Wah! So the lighter one ah? Ya it will take up space also..

I was actually just talking about the draw shape but looking at it, I like both. The darker one is def more cosy and luxurious but will be quite a bit darker. The lighter one will be much brighter, sunnier and happier but will bet scuffed and marked easier.

Ohh, choices, choices.

With kids or kids soon then top one no question. Without kids for a while and fairly careful then probably bottom one with top ones draws :P.

RB

i prefer the darker shade for the cupboard. gives a cozy feeling. don't really like the slanted drawers as it's accident prone

Votes are tie @ 4:4. Guess i will remove the slanted drawers. a couple of ppl are saying the same thing. :rolleyes:

Hmm, how big is the bedroom? If space constrained i would think the light colored one will be more suitable as you would not feel as 'closed in' as dark colors would.

On the other hand, if size of space is good you'll get a cosier and classier feel to it as per above. My 2 cents

hi defelio,

its amazing i'm also looking at the same lightings as you... i just order the dna double from germany and is awaiting delivery... planning to place it in my bedroom... kinda cute as its 5 bulb look exactly like a dog with head and limps as bulb

Hmm, how big is the bedroom? If space constrained i would think the light colored one will be more suitable as you would not feel as 'closed in' as dark colors would.

On the other hand, if size of space is good you'll get a cosier and classier feel to it as per above. My 2 cents

Hi sfk7, thanks for the tip. Your reply is almost similar to others, lighter = bigger. the wall will be white for sure, just pondering what to use for the wardrobes. The rooms build newly by HDB aren't that big. Gotta bang a wall and build another to expand the space for the MBR. :bangwall: .

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5077.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

hi defelio,

its amazing i'm also looking at the same lightings as you... i just order the dna double from germany and is awaiting delivery... planning to place it in my bedroom... kinda cute as its 5 bulb look exactly like a dog with head and limps as bulb

LOL nice! I hope this helps, I just bought the only DNA replica from a shop in JB for like around RM$315. Balestier is selling it for around SGD$220, turning into balestier from Thomson Rd, it's the first few shops on the left. If buying from overseas, the price for DNA should cost slightly more. I can't really recall from which website. I hope you got it at a decent price if not dun think so much and enjoy the light! =)

Edited by Defelio

Hi Defelio, here to add my 2 cents. :D

Seems like your place is using 'walnut' for the wood tones? If so, the dark cabinets may make your room a little too dark. Not sure how dark your flooring will be.

For the slanted/straight drawers, I think slanted drawers will give your place a more mid-modern feel. But for safety reasons perhaps not advisable... Not sure if it makes sense to do the slanting the other way instead? (i.e. bigger table surface, smaller drawers base)

Well, over the weekend, we were sort of role playing the usage of the MBR with the layout of the sinks and boy oh boy oh BOY!! We didn't check the depth of the sink and the door wouldn't be able to open/close.. The depth for the sink area is much smaller in the MBR(42cm) as compare to the CBR(48+cm). 8| What nonsense are those designers thinking of.. That leave us the option of choosing sinks with a depth of 42cm or less. Heng my ID was driving a 7 seater car, I asked him for a favor to help me transport the long sink back to Ikea for a plate of meat balls! :D

Also, the brick wall is up!!

IMG_5131.jpg