Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Defelio, after u flip the main door can u still use back the existing door? Or all need to change new one?

Hi Pinkwhale, :drunk: yes the existing main door was flipped with matching wood verneer thus increasing the thickness. The existing door handle and lock are also used back.

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00051.jpg

Love this shot. Great looking dining table you got there. Wish I could have a round dining table, looks so cosy.

Did you use a separate halogen downlight to illuminate the photograph on the wall?

Edited by JumpStreet

Love this shot. Great looking dining table you got there. Wish I could have a round dining table, looks so cosy.

Did you use a separate halogen downlight to illuminate the photograph on the wall?

Thanks alot JS. =) Yes only the flatiron building is being highlighted by a seperate digitally controlled halogen. It will look a tad plain without the lighting. A picture light or halogen/s would be great to enhance the painting/photograph on the wall.

May I ask what bulb are you using for your PH5s?

Thanks alot JS. =) Yes only the flatiron building is being highlighted by a seperate digitally controlled halogen. It will look a tad plain without the lighting. A picture light or halogen/s would be great to enhance the painting/photograph on the wall.

May I ask what bulb are you using for your PH5s?

Initially, I used an incandescent 60W, which is pretty powerful, but somehow, it was really dim when I put the PH5 cover on. Changed to a 100W but realized that it'll be 200W for my 2 lamps. Finally got a Philips 18W energy saver which was plenty bright and easier on the power usage. I think the PH5s really use a lot of reflections to get the light, hence the lower lumens.

Is yours a PH5 or PH50? Looks like a coconut white PH50.

Hi Pinkwhale, :drunk: yes the existing main door was flipped with matching wood verneer thus increasing the thickness. The existing door handle and lock are also used back.

Hi Defelio, thanks for ur reply... Doesn't sounds easy at all. And all these cost $600 from change doorframe to modify the main door?

Hi Fei, the main door open towards the household shelter, thus it was flip 180o so that it will open towards the kitchen(where I am standing to take this photo). Around $600, you can contact my ID/contractor, Douglas @ 97707370. It was his first time also for flipping a door but at least he knows what to do if you wanna do the same. :good:

Hi Defelio,

Thanks alot for the help. i would intend to do the same too, i believe the peep hole will need to drill again and to patch up the existing hole? am i right?

Regards

Hi Defelio,

Thanks alot for the help. i would intend to do the same too, i believe the peep hole will need to drill again and to patch up the existing hole? am i right?

Regards

Hi Fel,

Yes, have to drill a new hole for the peep hole. The existing hole will be covered by the new veneer sheet or laminate sheet. :)

Initially, I used an incandescent 60W, which is pretty powerful, but somehow, it was really dim when I put the PH5 cover on. Changed to a 100W but realized that it'll be 200W for my 2 lamps. Finally got a Philips 18W energy saver which was plenty bright and easier on the power usage. I think the PH5s really use a lot of reflections to get the light, hence the lower lumens.

Is yours a PH5 or PH50? Looks like a coconut white PH50.

I think so too. I'm tried using ikeas bulb, the linear version is brighter than the rounded one but I'm using the rounded version.

sparsam-low-energy-bulb-e__0118370_PE273984_S4.JPG

sparsam-low-energy-bulb-e__28847_PE115690_S4.jpg.

Hi Defelio, thanks for ur reply... Doesn't sounds easy at all. And all these cost $600 from change doorframe to modify the main door?

Yup like what Douglas had replied ya. You can look for him. Wood veneer would cost more due to the workmanship. If done alone should be more ex.