Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Finally it has arrived! We have been waiting for this for a long time... zz

A "bad habit" of ours is that, we like to eat and watch TV at the same time. Last time we didn't have any TV in the living room as the TV was in the kitchen(with the dining area) but now we have two due to the layout of the dining area..

The next thing to get is a IR relay/extender so that I'm able to use the remote for the SH HD cable TV box from the dining area(the box is at the corner near the window).

Cute packaging eh! :P

SandD_20111015_00724.jpg

SandD_20111015_00729.jpg

Lov the dials :yeah: The top dial switches the Program channel, with the Menu and Display buttons. The bottom dial(outer ring) control the volumes and the middle is the power switch with the IR receiver on the six.

SandD_20111015_00910.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice touch on the signature, Design by Junki Kim.

SandD_20111015_00796.jpg

It's able to adjust the colour to Black and White, and even Sephia!

ProfileSandD_20111015_00733.jpg

SandD_20111015_00800.jpg

SandD_20111015_00845-1.jpg

The cute stubby remote control

SandD_20111015_00804-1.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Got a digital peephole viewer for 3 reasons.

Firstly, people are able to notice that someone from inside is looking through the peephole(blackout of the peephole from the outside).

Secondly, it is easier for my mom due to her poor eyesight.

Lastly, I'm a sucker for these kind of little gadgets and it's much cheaper than getting it from HomeFix. :bleah:

But due to the different size of the peephole, the hole in the mounting plate had to be enlarged to accommodate our larger peephole..

SandD_20111004_00585.jpg

SandD_20111004_00586.jpg

SandD_20111004_00591.jpg

Another thing is, the increased thickness of the main door of plywood and wood verneer, it causes the capture viewing angle from the digital peephole viewer to be so much narrower as compared to viewing it from the peephole..

My mom doesn't mind the narrow view as it is much easier for her to view it by pressing a button but I mind the smaller viewing angle. A few solutions I have in mind is either to unsolder the cmos sensor from the pcb and bring it forward/closer to the peephole lens or find some small zoom lens of some sort. Its kinda troublesome for both.. So please note the size of your peephole before getting any digital peephole unless it matches.

I was able to view the whole of the opposite neighbour's main door with the original peephole.

SandD_20111015_00877.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Wow that's a very nice touch!! Instantly up the whimsical look that you are creating.

Thanks alot Bro =)

We also love to get this if it is ever available. *Fingers X

Philco PC

407-philco-PC.png

Miss out from shooting these previously. Got this Autumn door stopper, Remote control holder and Trash Know Trash Can from www.shopless.com.sg.

SandD_20111015_00882.jpg

SandD_20111015_00900.jpg

It's useful but limited to 4 slots, or I should say got a tad too much remotes..

SandD_20111016_00951.jpg

Gonna reprogram the Logitech universal remote control for the living room and place the SH remote at the dining table.

SandD_20111016_00949.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Love the looks, simplicity and ingenuity! Check out this video link!

Yellow for the kitchen

SandD_20111016_00920.jpg

and White for the MBR =)

SandD_20111016_00940.jpg

Omg that is so cute! Your tv I mean! :wub:

lol thanks alot and thanks again for the resources from your Blog! Great tips!! :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway who's the photocopying meow? :P

wow! my first time inside your t-blog. your place is really beautiful and charmingly whimsical. love all the little attention to detail like the TV and set up of your mini mid century home area. Congrats! yamseng.gif

lol thanks alot and thanks again for the resources from your Blog! Great tips!! :sport-smiley-004:

Anyway who's the photocopying meow? :P

Haiz, some moron in my block... Who went to my place while it was being renovated armed with camera. What a f***er.

Black toilets... Same parquet stairs, MBR light switches in the same inconvenient spot.

Once again, what a cheap f***er.

Hi Defelio,

I got my tulip table and the white chairs from Comfort Design. Thanks for your recommendation!

Need to trouble u again. Where can i get this trash bins? How much would that be? Thanks!

Love the looks, simplicity and ingenuity! Check out this video link!

Yellow for the kitchen

SandD_20111016_00920.jpg

and White for the MBR =)

SandD_20111016_00940.jpg

Finally it has arrived! We have been waiting for this for a long time... zz

A "bad habit" of ours is that, we like to eat and watch TV at the same time. Last time we didn't have any TV in the living room as the TV was in the kitchen(with the dining area) but now we have two due to the layout of the dining area..

The next thing to get is a IR relay/extender so that I'm able to use the remote for the SH HD cable TV box from the dining area(the box is at the corner near the window).

Cute packaging eh! :P

SandD_20111015_00724.jpg

SandD_20111015_00729.jpg

Lov the dials :yeah: The top dial switches the Program channel, with the Menu and Display buttons. The bottom dial(outer ring) control the volumes and the middle is the power switch with the IR receiver on the six.

SandD_20111015_00910.jpg

my god where u manage to buy it? i was searching for it for my study room for the longest time...

my god where u manage to buy it? i was searching for it for my study room for the longest time...

there's something similar at lorgan's

not sure if its the same.