Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

We went to places from Hoe Kee(HQ), Geylang Lor 4x to Balastier and Sim Siang Choon(HQ) but couldn't find a suitable sink... Real please with the sink and the rack comes with it! Missy just told me we bought it separately.. Damm, I'm getting old.. :dunno:

SandD_20111024_01172.jpg

SandD_20111024_01169-01.jpg

SandD_20111023_01038.jpg

SandD_20111023_01073.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Isle view of the mini kitchen(as compare to the old HDB flats).

SandD_20111023_01070.jpg

Fujioh FX900. Decided on this model after sawing this

Great readup on this blog with regards to the issues he faced during installation. http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/search/label/fujioh%20hood

Thanks GreenCoal! :yamseng:

Don't expect miracles with the Fujioh as oil splatter left right center. The great thing is the 83%+/- oil absorption from the vapour/smoke.

SandD_20111023_01036.jpg

Rib-eye, pasta and portebello :yeah:

SandD_20111023_01125.jpg

This cute little chicken kettle is loud!!

SandD_20111023_01048.jpg

SandD_20111023_01023.jpg

Edited by Defelio

SandD_20111024_01176.jpg

This toaster have the mid-century look :good: accompany with the somewhat mid modern technology... It only toast ONE side of the bread! O.M.G.. :bangwall: I guess we would not have bought this(online purchase)if we knew about it in the first place.

SandD_20111024_01208.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Cool! Thanks for sharing ^_^

You're welcome ~~ BTW, get the new tech sponge roller brush if you really intend to DIY.

Strikingreality, this is the parcel we were waiting for.

SandD_20111024_01151.jpg

My Missy took this shot which I like it very much. She said must give the due credit when they deserve it. =) Oh and she also painted the default green mosaic tiles to white!

SandD_20111024_01157.jpg

Special Swiss Edition Citiz

SandD_20111024_01203.jpg

For Hers to drink and for me to make.. Gonna be full time barista liaoz @ home :blink:

SandD_20111024_01210.jpg

The modern conveniences like our hob, hoods, ovens, espresso machines will never give our kitchen the real mid century look but I like the little touches esp the porcelain sink. :) Originally wanted 1 but in the end gave up cuz ID says it is better if we hv a concrete kitchen cabinet for better support.

I like the overall feel of your kitchen though. V similar to mine with the wood cabinets at the bottom, white solid top and top cabinets. :)

Why the Swiss edition Citiz though??? Is it different other than being limited edition? Also what green mosaic tiles?!?! Am I missing something?!

We went to places from Hoe Kee(HQ), Geylang Lor 4x to Balastier and Sim Siang Choon(HQ) but couldn't find a suitable sink... Real please with the sink and the rack comes with it! Missy just told me we bought it separately.. Damm, I'm getting old.. :dunno:

SandD_20111024_01172.jpg

Finally you reveal your kitchen pics... I love your kitchen :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

can you share how much walking space from cabinent to cabinet you have? isit 1m? can you share where you buy your kitchen sink and mixer also? i love them too... Thanks

Hi JX83, you're making me confuse.. Real brick but not the original size? Is yours from craftstone and about 10mm thickness?

Rough estimate is between mid to high 20s. Ceiling in our opinion abit ex after knowing the price of the wood verneer but we know that they absorb alot after a major change due to the design. It depends on how big you wanna do also.

Mine is around 30mm thickness.. No ah check with him mine not craftstone leh.. Craftstone more for outdoor use & very expensive he told me.. Hehe.. Defelio mind pm me how much u pay total cost for reno + furnishing roughly.. :P

Very nice ur kitchen too.. But ur sink not very deep ah from the pic shown.. I prefer the 250mm sink the deepest i suppose as water will splash more or less during washing time..

Nice one, it gives a quirky feel & brings out some character.. :good:

I assume you're referring to the kettle right? Thanks alot =)

HomeSweetHome_20110806_00138-1.jpg

With the wheel whistle spinning

HomeSweetHome_20110806_00152.jpg

Edited by Defelio

I like your kitchen.... A very clean and neat look. Interesting whistling kettle..... Can u tell me where I can get this?

The modern conveniences like our hob, hoods, ovens, espresso machines will never give our kitchen the real mid century look but I like the little touches esp the porcelain sink. :) Originally wanted 1 but in the end gave up cuz ID says it is better if we hv a concrete kitchen cabinet for better support.

I like the overall feel of your kitchen though. V similar to mine with the wood cabinets at the bottom, white solid top and top cabinets. :)

Why the Swiss edition Citiz though??? Is it different other than being limited edition? Also what green mosaic tiles?!?! Am I missing something?!

Well we initially wanted to get the retro white citiz but finally decided to get the special Swiss edition cos it's very unique with the darken black sprout instead of the usual chrome and of course the Swiss monogram. :dribble:

This was taken while renovation was still going on and we found the green mosaic tiles a tad off. I went to the few tile shops along Balastier and there wasn't any suitable. So we bought the white tile paint which cost $80+ for a small tin of paint! :furious: . Painting it require some skill as it's very easy to have bubbles appearing on it... I painted it quite thinly thus exposing abit around the green tile but she was doing a much better job than me, so in the midst of the first coat, I handed over 50% of my responsibility to her to carry on with this DIY project and I carry on with other DIY project.

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg