Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Finally you reveal your kitchen pics... I love your kitchen :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

can you share how much walking space from cabinent to cabinet you have? isit 1m? can you share where you buy your kitchen sink and mixer also? i love them too... Thanks

Lol and thanks alot! Sorry for the delay due to DIY project as mentioned above.

The walking space between the sink to cooker/oven is 122cm while the walking space between the fridge to cabinet is 132cm.

Kitchen sink is from Ikea and the mixer is from Sim Siang Choon.

With regards to the mixer:

a. Some ID/contractors have a special price which can help save 5-10% and of course I also let my ID earn abit la to cover his time and petrol by sharing the discount.

b. While some shops have fix price to anyone, they will give a certain % of your purchase amount to the ID/contractor(then maybe your ID/contractor can give some back to you if they steady enough la :jammin: )

c. Some shops give the discount to you directly if not brought by ID.

If your ID bring you anywhere to buy anything, he is most likely to earn a cut from your purchase. So speak to your ID so that both parties can save/gain from it. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very nice ur kitchen too.. But ur sink not very deep ah from the pic shown.. I prefer the 250mm sink the deepest i suppose as water will splash more or less during washing time..

Thanks. The depth of the sink is 20cm in the middle and 19cm near the edges. Water don't really splash out unlike the one in my MBR toilet[my missy wash face like to splash water like those on girls do it on advertisement!! (she is hammering me while i type this)] :jawdrop:

Thanks Defelio for your reply.

did you delibrately request ur ID to make ur sink area counter width smaller (less than 60cm)?

cos many contractor say kitchen counter width is standard must be 60cm...which will make my walking space to become around 100cm

can share how much is ur mixer? u bought from SSC HQ? cos i went a few SSC branch but no see this nice mixer, and balestier many shop only carry this design which i KIV but hoping to find more choices

DSC01940.jpg

Well we initially wanted to get the retro white citiz but finally decided to get the special Swiss edition cos it's very unique with the darken black sprout instead of the usual chrome and of course the Swiss monogram. :dribble:

This was taken while renovation was still going on and we found the green mosaic tiles a tad off. I went to the few tile shops along Balastier and there wasn't any suitable. So we bought the white tile paint which cost $80+ for a small tin of paint! :furious: . Painting it require some skill as it's very easy to have bubbles appearing on it... I painted it quite thinly thus exposing abit around the green tile but she was doing a much better job than me, so in the midst of the first coat, I handed over 50% of my responsibility to her to carry on with this DIY project and I carry on with other DIY project.

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

Defelio just to check with u the white tiles paint which u bought is it water proof? Seems exp ah $80+ because somehow my toilet tiles also similar to u green in colour and wish to paint it to white too..

Thanks. The depth of the sink is 20cm in the middle and 19cm near the edges. Water don't really splash out unlike the one in my MBR toilet[my missy wash face like to splash water like those on girls do it on advertisement!! (she is hammering me while i type this)] :jawdrop:

Haha then u should get a deeper 1 actually.. Slowly u notice no matter how careful u wash, water will somehow splash outside.. Even mine 250mm also will splash out a bit ah..

Hi can you kindly send me your ID contact cant seem to google them.

Thanks!

Sure, you can contact Douglas Hoh @ 97707370.

I like your kitchen.... A very clean and neat look. Interesting whistling kettle..... Can u tell me where I can get this?

Thanks thanks. My missy got it from some online website.

Thanks Defelio for your reply.

did you delibrately request ur ID to make ur sink area counter width smaller (less than 60cm)?

cos many contractor say kitchen counter width is standard must be 60cm...which will make my walking space to become around 100cm

can share how much is ur mixer? u bought from SSC HQ? cos i went a few SSC branch but no see this nice mixer, and balestier many shop only carry this design which i KIV but hoping to find more choices

DSC01940.jpg

Sure no problem. Nope I didn't, the depth of the solid surface are around 63.5cm(sink side) to 62.5cm(hob side). I guess they are right or it's the practice for that kitchen top to have that depth.

Well Adidaem share this with me which is helpful.

ergonomics.jpg

Mixer cost $200+ and yes from SSC HQ.

Haha then u should get a deeper 1 actually.. Slowly u notice no matter how careful u wash, water will somehow splash outside.. Even mine 250mm also will splash out a bit ah..

eh... wash lower? I dun think so jia lat leh. We hardly need to wipe the surrounding of the sink(less my MBR sink which really need to after my missy wash her face... :o

Btw Defelio so far I really like the whole concept and design of ur house.. I am really eager to see ur toilet too.. Will continue camping for more.. :)

Btw Defelio so far I really like the whole concept and design of ur house.. I am really eager to see ur toilet too.. Will continue camping for more.. :)

agree! can we see your toilet too? :sport-smiley-004: